If you could change one thing in the education system, what would it be? Watch

InArduisFouette
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Davij038)
Remove charitable funding from Faith and private Schools.

Give Academies same regulation as state schools.

Abolish compulsory subjects providing the student can demonstrate adequate numeracy and literary skills.

Change R.E to 'Mythical Studies'

and interesting mix of libertarian wet dream and the sort of thing that makes Authoritarians like Labour get their panties all moist ...
Davij038
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by zippyRN)
and interesting mix of libertarian wet dream and the sort of thing that makes Authoritarians like Labour get their panties all moist ...
Whats authoritarian?
InArduisFouette
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Whats authoritarian?
removing charitable status and putting all schools back under the dead hand of LA Management ...
Davij038
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by zippyRN)
removing charitable status and putting all schools back under the dead hand of LA Management ...
I support academies.

I do not support institutions getting tax breaks because they believe in irrational mumbo jumbo. Private schools can afford to pay more tax too. The idea of Eton as a charity is laughable.
tazarooni89
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by ChaoticButterfly)
Cos I always hated languages
Hmm, perhaps you wouldn't hate them so much if you learnt them earlier on? I presume you don't mind speaking and typing in English :p:
cake_lover
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by ChickenMadness)
I knew you would know I quoted you

Nah cuz you might end up learning a boring language like German or Welsh. Only cool languages should be learnt and you should get the option to choose which one you want to learn.
I agree we should have more choices. My school only taught French and Welsh. And German for those good at French in year 7. (And still can't speak French or Welsh as I was never interested in them). I would've loved to learn Spanish, it's the second most spoken language in the world too! (in terms of native speakers)

Being trilingual, I'd say knowing multiple languages is great and should be encouraged more with more options.
InArduisFouette
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I support academies.

yet you want them to have the same regualtory environment as LA schools ...
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Would you turn to a teacher if you were being bullied?

Yes (67)
23.18%
No (222)
76.82%

Watched Threads