If you're earning less than £30,000 per year you may as well be on the dole PROOF! Watch

tim_123
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by T.I.P)
lets say you earn £25k per year and you are renting like many others or tbh even if your not this example still applies.According to Money Savings website you would pay:£2,880 income tax and £2,033 in National Insuranceif we add these together we get £4913so lets just round that up to £5000 and take the amount awat from 25K which would leave you with £20000.Lets say you are renting a house and its costing you 700 per month plus council tax and electricity bills, internet, food etc etc. lets call it 1300 in total (and thats cheap tbh) and times that by 12 to represent the total cost of the year we have a total of £15600 going out on these costs and thats no including cost of your car insurance, travel cost, clothing and other costs that spring up. So working with the numbers we have we can do 20000-15600 and we are left with £4600 so you have worked all year for this amount, the rest of the money has been spent on basic human survival imposed upon us by the higher powers. if you wanted to calculate further it would work out for a whole year you would earn £12.35 per day.so all in all you wont be living a life of luxury especially if you're single, and tbh even if you earned 30k you would still be a white collar slave.
the whole point though, is that >30000 is a starting point, you should be working hard to work your way up the pay scale. How can you expect to be earning enough to be comfortable in your mid 20's. Think you need to grow up and realise this is the real world, you want more money, work hard for it. End of
T.I.P
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
(Original post by tim_123)
the whole point though, is that >30000 is a starting point, you should be working hard to work your way up the pay scale. How can you expect to be earning enough to be comfortable in your mid 20's. Think you need to grow up and realise this is the real world, you want more money, work hard for it. End of
Hello white colar slave! Think outside the box for one minute, you are a slave who will work for 80% of his life and ger taxed on your money which you use to buy food and other essentials in order to survive. Dunno why that frills you lol. Idiot

Posted from TSR Mobile
tim_123
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by T.I.P)
Hello white colar slave! Think outside the box for one minute, you are a slave who will work for 80% of his life and ger taxed on your money which you use to buy food and other essentials in order to survive. Dunno why that frills you lol. IdiotPosted from TSR Mobile
i currently make a bit less than 30k and am more of than comfortable. I can save up for holidays every year without struggling and other such things. I don't "survive", I take what I'm paid and enjoy life with it
Quady
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by M1011)
London isn't that expensive, people making out like you need to be rich!

IF you have a decent job 25k+, London is manageable. 35k+ = easy

People also tend to forget that there tends to be a weighting on London salaries to make up for the cost of living.
Really?

Where would you live alone in London on £35k?
Quady
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by tim_123)
Above the median wage is a starting point?
Quady
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Gott)
I'd rather beg than be a burden on the tax payer who's having their money stolen by the government personally
Cool

At least thats one state pension saved
Sam Walters
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
My outgoings two years ago.

Rent including basic bills. 430.
Council tax. 100
Phone bill. 28
Car insurance. 46

I had a grand come into my account each month. I went out twice a week. What the heck are the rest of you blowing your income on?
Quady
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by J-SP)
I could live off £36k and pay my mortgage for my property in zone 2.

Posted from TSR Mobile
That does entirely depend on the mortgage size.

Could you buy the place with 75% LTV on a £36k salary?
Quady
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Gott)
But I wouldn't object to my taxes which I had stolen from me being refunded as a poultry state pension. No one could live comfortably off that alone though
How convenient.
Quady
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by J-SP)
20% deposit, 100% ownership, but affordable housing made it all possible, although before the more restrictive financial measures came in.

Posted from TSR Mobile
I mean today, not when you got it.

Actually genuine interest. I'd written off moving to London as I wouldn't want to give up living/buying by myself.
Quady
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Gott)
What's your point?
That you'll take welfare when it applies to you but take a moral stance when it doesn't.
Binary Freak
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Talk about blowing money.. :unimpressed:
SmashConcept
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
lmao I checked Rightmove to see what I would get for 700 a month in my area.

Top 5 results over £650

3 bedroom terrace
2 bedroom semi
2 bedroom house
2 bedroom apartment
2 bedroom cottage

Ya that's some breadline ****
zKlown
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by T.I.P)
lets say you earn £25k per year and you are renting like many others or tbh even if your not this example still applies.

According to Money Savings website you would pay:

£2,880
income tax and £2,033 in National Insurance

if we add these together we get £4913

so lets just round that up to £5000 and take the amount awat from 25K which would leave you with £20000.

Lets say you are renting a house and its costing you 700 per month plus council tax and electricity bills, internet, food etc etc. lets call it 1300 in total (and thats cheap tbh) and times that by 12 to represent the total cost of the year we have a total of £15600 going out on these costs and thats no including cost of your car insurance, travel cost, clothing and other costs that spring up. So working with the numbers we have we can do 20000-15600 and we are left with £4600 so you have worked all year for this amount, the rest of the money has been spent on basic human survival imposed upon us by the higher powers. if you wanted to calculate further it would work out for a whole year you would earn £12.35 per day.

so all in all you wont be living a life of luxury especially if you're single, and tbh even if you earned 30k you would still be a white collar slave.

Supposed you're right.

Does this make you feel better?
elоhssа
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Find a chavette. Get her pregrant... $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

That's the way to live life in this crap country.
T.I.P
Rep:
?
(Original post by SmashConcept)
lmao I checked Rightmove to see what I would get for 700 a month in my area.

Top 5 results over £650

3 bedroom terrace
2 bedroom semi
2 bedroom house
2 bedroom apartment
2 bedroom cottage

Ya that's some breadline ****
Smh you think a 2 bed house is living well? Thats bog standard for a family of 4 this is craped space.

Posted from TSR Mobile
studentLynch
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
what about all the people who earn by the hour, and some people earn 12k a year ? its not true any wage is better than the dole
INTit
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Lol I love all these "go live somewhere cheaper" posts in the real world you live where your job is not wherever is cheap.

Most desirable place to live in England renting a 3 bedroom house is £450 a month ? Bull****.
M1011
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Quady)
Really?

Where would you live alone in London on £35k?
Is this a joke or are you out of touch with reality? =/
T.I.P
Rep:
?
(Original post by J-SP)
But this thread is talking about one person on a single income. Does a single person need more than 2 bedrooms?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Well it doesn't specifically say this so lets assume you earn 30k a year while your wife looks after your children... its a common scenario for many, Im sure many take home less also.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Why wouldn't you turn to teachers if you were being bullied?

They might tell my parents (26)
7.22%
They might tell the bully (34)
9.44%
I don't think they'd understand (55)
15.28%
It might lead to more bullying (139)
38.61%
There's nothing they could do (106)
29.44%

Watched Threads