Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ChloexCharlotte)
    In the plant structure question, did you call the structure A upper epidermis? Or waxy cuticle? I put upper epidermis but also wrote about the waxy cuticle :confused:
    i wrote upper epidermis, the waxy cuticle is the small space before structure A

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by examswhizz)
    I did exactly the same about the eutrophication question... Grrrr that is soooo annoying... I was proud of that answer too!!!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Same! I was like: Nailed this! Yaaaas!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mh99)
    i wrote upper epidermis, the waxy cuticle is the small space before structure A
    Ok cool I wrote about not letting water evaporate and the fact that it's transparent

ReputationRep:
    I forgot the word upper, I just wrote epidermis! Hope that doesn't cost me the mark!! Overall went pretty well I think. Biology is my favourite science.

ReputationRep:
    What about the one where it asked how the top cell would look different..

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    It went well!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Richard98)
    What about the one where it asked how the top cell would look different..

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I put it wouldn't have any guard cells or stomata, there would just be regular plant cells with the nuclei... There were 20 stomata right?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sara_PLL)
    i think january papers tend to be harder than june papers because they are normally re-sits, so i dont think it will be as hard as jan 2015 but i am still dreading the exam tomorrow!
    Exactly what I said to Mr. Bates but he said "no Zahra I don't think so!" Ugh

ReputationRep:
    I put it wouldn't have any guard cells or stomata, there would just be regular plant cells with the nuclei... There were 20 stomata right?
    Yesss I wrote 20

ReputationRep:
    Same I wrote 20. What did you get for the other counting one

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by s.o)
    Same I wrote 20. What did you get for the other counting one
    For the secchi disks I got 22

ReputationRep:
    How do you obtain the dry mass of the potato...i wrote out it an oven and then measure on measuring scales but idk

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zahra kosser)
    For the secchi disks I got 22
    Same

ReputationRep:
    How do you obtain the dry mass of the potato...i wrote out it an oven and then measure on measuring scales but idk
    I got 22 too, thats exactly what i wrote but I think its wrong haha because its something about cutting tubules

ReputationRep:
    I guessed all of this but I said put it in a warm dry place on filter paper (chemistry right there :') and evaporate the water out with heat

ReputationRep:
    I guessed all of this but I said put it in a warm dry place on filter paper (chemistry right there :' and evaporate the water out with heat
    Thats good actually, chem in 2 days ahh, its my favourite science

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by s.o)
    I got 22 too, thats exactly what i wrote but I think its wrong haha because its something about cutting tubules
    Some people at my school wrote something about osmosis and putting the potato in a sugary solution so that all the water comes out of potato but I thought that was wrong

ReputationRep:
    Some people at my school wrote something about osmosis and putting the potato in a sugary solution so that all the water comes out of potato but I thought that was wrong
    I was going to do that but I decided against it whoops

ReputationRep:
    I think theres loads of ways to do it, I googled and it said put in an oven as one so fingers crossed

ReputationRep:
    I was going to do that but I decided against it whoops
    Omg same I was going to write that but I though no But the thing is I've looked online and it said put in oven
    http://www.biology-online.org/biolog...bout13709.html

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should universities take a stronger line on drugs?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.