The Student Room Group

AQA AS German exam 2015

Scroll to see replies

Original post by midgemeister7
Depends whether was a definite or indefinite or no article

think this question said 'vom' or 'von' before and had a definite article before those
Grossen muss and eigenen, and yeah einladen is separable so it would have been la:dt.....ein but because it had 'wenn' or something it returns it back to einla:dt
Original post by Clytemnestra
I put freuen for the last one too, and gehört for the first one. Does anyone remember what they wrote on the grammar section for the question on 'einladen' and the 'müssen' one?

I think the key for the gap fill is to look at the context and see whether a conjugated verb or infinitive or past participle is needed :smile: and I put muss and einladet- I have no idea if they're right
The first three is what I got ^^^
Do you reckon someone's going to come up with an unofficial mark scheme for the listening and reading any time soon?
Reply 85
Generally okay, managed to do listening and reading together in 50 mins so had plenty of time for the essay :smile:
For the which letters were right one about environment and holidays I found that I had about 9 statements I thought were true when only 7 were wanted! :O
Original post by nicole_wilson
The 'einladen' was a separable verb so I've definitely got that wrong! I think that was a particularly nasty question but I thought most of it was okay! I imagine 89-ish for an A would be the boundary and I got eigenen because dative endings are -en I think?

last year it was 87 and that was a fairly easy paper in my opinion :frown:
Original post by lucyx
Generally okay, managed to do listening and reading together in 50 mins so had plenty of time for the essay :smile:
For the which letters were right one about environment and holidays I found that I had about 9 statements I thought were true when only 7 were wanted! :O

What were you're 9 statements that you had agreed on? :P
Ums wise do you think it's still possible to get an A with a high B on the paper and an A in the speaking for example?

Posted from TSR Mobile
It was alright! I think better than June 2014 but I've done easier past papers.. Really liked the listening but hated the essay topics.

Posted from TSR Mobile
What dos everyone write for the advertising question?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Leanne1455

Posted from TSR Mobile

The essay? I did more of an advantages disadvantages thing saying I agree but there are also disadvantages.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I basically did a big paragraph of cons (Fast Food adverts promote bad eating habits, they can be annoying, kids targeted by companies which can lead to arguments etc) then another for pros (advertising revenue finances tv programes, advertising agencies create jobs, many people rely on adverts, I can use ad breaks to go to the loo, charitable causes). Also did an introduction and a conclusion of course. How about you?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I did:
how adverts can be fun and cutesy blah blah (chatted about the Haribo ad)
then how they can be harmful (sexist which lead to pressure blah blah)
That they create jobs so they're necassary
Then a conclusion

The paragraphs were quite long, didn't know whether to cover a range of points or really go into it and I ran out of time! Well that's a lie, I gave myself 5 mins in which I changed my previously correct grammar answers to wrong ones!!!
i found that alright, but i didn't get überlebt :-( i got übergelebt. gutted
Original post by sanfrancisco-x
Think that was quite a good exam, managed to write a lot for the essay (sport) :smile:

My teacher reckoned it was einladet and überlebt... Anyone else get begann for the beginnen one?

I put all 3 of those answers so hopefully it's right! But Grammar is definitely not my forté!
Original post by MFLSophie
I did:
how adverts can be fun and cutesy blah blah (chatted about the Haribo ad)
then how they can be harmful (sexist which lead to pressure blah blah)
That they create jobs so they're necassary
Then a conclusion

The paragraphs were quite long, didn't know whether to cover a range of points or really go into it and I ran out of time! Well that's a lie, I gave myself 5 mins in which I changed my previously correct grammar answers to wrong ones!!!

I did an introduction and conclusion and did an advantages paragraph first so I could then go against what I'd said and conclude that I thought there were more disadvantages. For Werbung ist gut I said:
it can be entertaining between programmes
it helps the media industry and provided well paid jobs
the money it earns for the companies can be spent on improving their products
it's a way of companies reaching out to customers
the public can discover products which improve their quality of life
big billboards can improve the appearance of towns/cities
celebrities can promote themselves by featuring in adverts
(that's all I can remember)
for Werbung ist nicht gut I said:
it creates psychological problems with people thinking they need products
it can lead to debt if people buy expensive things that they don't need
children are influenced to buy sugary products
the advertising of fast food can lead to obesity
the advertising of alcohol has lead to a binge drinking culture
there are unsuitable adverts on children's channels
adverts these days are often unimaginative
so much money is spent on advertising when the money could be better spent (I used the example of developing countries still not having clean water supplies)
then my conclusion was that you should decide for yourself but to remember that advertising affects the whole of society :smile:
I usually get between 31 and 34. Most recently I've been getting 34- dropping a mark for grammar which I've accepted I'll never have a good grasp of

Posted from TSR Mobile
i only wrote two sides for the essay but included most of the different grammatical features/tenses - do you think it was enough :frown:
Original post by saengdao
i only wrote two sides for the essay but included most of the different grammatical features/tenses - do you think it was enough :frown:

do you feel you covered a wide range of relevant points?
Reply 99
As a whole, I found this year's AS paper much better than last year's- I resat to boost my grade. The essay questions were quite nice, I think. Any essay question on Sport and I'm happy!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending