Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by George_Harris)
    I thought I did it wrong because it was really low compared to person 1, but then the next question refereed to why person 2 was so much lower, haha xD
    everyone keeps saying its 148*38 and I'm stressing

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by franceshendo)
    NOOOO thats both marks I only put for protein synthesis and you were meant to also put about amino acids. FFS. I was wondering why they were 2 markers..
    Yeah, I remember now, Ribosomes was defiantly 1 mark. You just needed to put ''they make proteins''

Mitochondria was 2.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rumana101)
    everyone keeps saying its 148*38 and I'm stressing
    No, it was not 38.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by George_Harris)
    No, it was not 38.
    how, everyone on other threads are saying its 38, did you go down from 77 from the other person

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by #sarahsmith2)
    Again the question was why did the pH DECREASE... if the acid was being neutralised... the pH would be going up!
    Acid is classed as high ph because it is 2 and 7 is classed as low ph. Just like being in a queue on the telephone to customer services 1 is at the top and 7 is at the bottom

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ragey002)
    Im so angry - any one who did b3 did anyone see the question on the back of the paper because i failed to see it
    What did everyone put for the last question for the first page in B2 ? The on where it was like suggest a reason for why both the beakers had the same mass or something?

ReputationRep:
    B3 was heaven sent but whoever made B2... I have no idea how someone could manage to make a 6 mark question on transect lines, I was raking my head on what else to write. The fatty acids lower the pH as the milk is broken down by the lipase, the magnification answer was 400 but I forgot to divide 70 by 0.175 as I'd left it. The flower one had to be 3:1 since the punnett square you have to do on the other side shows the ratio of the F2 generation. Some of the questions were just badly worded half the time, it was difficult to understand what they wanted. B3 on the other hand, looooooooooved it. It was a breeze, it just asked for facts and I was happy to oblige.

B2 is most likely going to have very low grade boundaries considering its difficulty level so I wouldn't worry too much if you lost a few marks here or there on some nit picky questions.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by zk414)
    What do you think the minimum to get A* is??
    Probably 47 (in my opinion) a lot of people in my school did very good (according to them). However, reading online and on my Twitter feed many people said they had done really bad. So it could possibly be the standard 43-45 marks for an A*.

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should universities take a stronger line on drugs?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.