Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Questioner1234)
    The calculations
    if memory serves, i got about 5.6 degrees for the change in temp and 25cm^3 for volume, but not sure how acc. that is as graphs aren't my best area

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Qwertykeyboard15)
    That was the most horrible paper ever?!
    Thought it was a reasonable paper. Pretty average. But a lot of tricks and ratio for calculations so expecting 71/80 to be 100 UMS

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by what-urrp)
    if memory serves, i got about 5.6 degrees for the change in temp and 25cm^3 for volume, but not sure how acc. that is as graphs aren't my best area
    I got 6.5 and 25. Pretty sure it's right

ReputationRep:
    What did you guys get for x? I got 4.

ReputationRep:
    I got 6.5 and 25. Pretty sure it's right

did you then also get the concentration on the next question to be the same as the one GIVEN in the question? because if conc is moles/vol and the volumes the same and its a 1:1 ratio ?? idk getting the same conc kinda made me feel weird like that feels wrong ??

ReputationRep:
    I got 6.6 degrees celsius and 23cm^3 for the last question, but I had no idea what was going on with the questions after that. I didn't understand what mole calculation you had to use. I didn't understand the X question either but I guessed and wrote 3 and then two people who actually did it got 3 so maybe I got really lucky.

ReputationRep:
    Thought it was a reasonable paper. Pretty average. But a lot of tricks and ratio for calculations so expecting 71/80 to be 100 UMS
    Going for 100 UMS are you?
    I would really like 100, given that I only dropped 1-3 marks in my most recent past papers, but I have a feeling I lost a lot more marks than usual...
    The graph at the end was stupid, and I screwed it up because I didn't take 24 as the initial temperature and so had to alter my graph to match my temperature rise and then the lines of best fit weren't 'best fit' anymore. And all this AFTER the invigilator tells us to stop writing. God, that examiners gotta be nice to give me full marks there...
    Some of the theory questions were a bit annoying, since it was really unclear how to earn full marks for them.
    But overall, the paper was very good because it was filled with lots of calculations!

ReputationRep:
    What did you put for the delta H and activation energies equation ? I put the delta H equals activation energy of backward reaction minus activation energy of forward reaction, not sure if its right or not?

ReputationRep:
    did you then also get the concentration on the next question to be the same as the one GIVEN in the question? because if conc is moles/vol and the volumes the same and its a 1:1 ratio ?? idk getting the same conc kinda made me feel weird like that feels wrong ??
    Yep. I got 0.97 I think it was. Not strange at all imo because the total volume is 50 which fits nicely. Think I got the signs wrong though for the last calculations. Apart from that question it was a decent paper.

ReputationRep:
    Yep. I got 0.97 I think it was. Not strange at all imo because the total volume is 50 which fits nicely. Think I got the signs wrong though for the last calculations. Apart from that question it was a decent paper.
    See I got the total volume as 42.5 because I got the other volume as 22.5. Wasn't that volume supposed to be the volume corresponding to the crossing point of both lines?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by anonymousmango)
    What did you put for the delta H and activation energies equation ? I put the delta H equals activation energy of backward reaction minus activation energy of forward reaction, not sure if its right or not?
    That's what I got, and I'm pretty sure it's right.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by anonymousmango)
    Put the other way round, page 62 of the revision aid

ReputationRep:
    oooh okay that's comforting thanks ! and i agree with it being quite a nice paper, and i'm really glad there wasn't too much on hydrogen emission/absorbtion spectra stuff

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PrimeLime)
    See I got the total volume as 42.5 because I got the other volume as 22.5. Wasn't that volume supposed to be the volume corresponding to the crossing point of both lines?
    It was the crossing point for me. I think I might have messed it up though. Hopefully get ecf though

ReputationRep:
    oooh okay that's comforting thanks ! and i agree with it being quite a nice paper, and i'm really glad there wasn't too much on hydrogen emission/absorbtion spectra stuff
    Haha same I still don't really understand it. I think I got a few marks on that QWC though

ReputationRep:
    Who else struggled with the fossil fuel renewable energy question. I just wrote a whole load of bull**** for that.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jack1066)
    Haha same I still don't really understand it. I think I got a few marks on that QWC though
    it was one of those things that i really understand but i can never get the wording right so dont get marks on the papers (i had the same problem with physics :/) but yh i thought the QWC ones were quite nice considering what they could have been (especially the equilibria one)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by goodies)
    Who else struggled with the fossil fuel renewable energy question.
    Yes a very random question.

ReputationRep:
    Higher temp and pressure gives lower yield?

ReputationRep:
    What did everyone have for the volume of gas?

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: August 14, 2015

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.