Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tinababy)
    But wasn't the question more about the effect this had on the ethanol production of the bacteria? Plus the cabbage was shredded like basically dead and the package was airtight which would not have helped photosynthesis? Tbh your guess is as good as mine

What did you put for part B? It was something what aspect of the process helped the bacteria and prevented other bacteria from growing?
    Yeah it was just a total guess I didn't have a clue what it was... What was part b exactly I don't really remember it...

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    It depends how you define plant and animal but the cfe bio book basically said A.
    The purple arrow says millions of years ago.
    I suppose if that diagram was in the book then the correct answer was A which is a little counter intuitive but must be true.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sweatpea_98)
    Yeah it was just a total guess I didn't have a clue what it was... What was part b exactly I don't really remember it...

Posted from TSR Mobile
    haha yip it was mostly educated guesses all the way.
    It was something like what part of the process helps the (weird name) bacteria grow but inhibits the growth of other bacteria?

ReputationRep:
    haha yip it was mostly educated guesses all the way.
    It was something like what part of the process helps the (weird name) bacteria grow but inhibits the growth of other bacteria?
    Oh I have no idea I can't remember...what did you put it might help me to remember

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Oh I have no idea I can't remember...what did you put it might help me to remember

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I said the low pH is optimum for that bacteria but for other bacteria it would not allow them to grow

ReputationRep:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Oh I guess talking about it won't change anything but I tend to like to discuss answers.

I put that the fact that it was airtight as this allowed for the perfect anaerobic environment for the (weird name) bacteria but inhibited the growth of other microorganisms that respired aerobically due to the absence of oxygen which meant that (weird name) bacteria thrived with little competition from other microorganisms.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Charlotte B)
    I said the low pH is optimum for that bacteria but for other bacteria it would not allow them to grow
    I remember writing that for a question but I'm not sure if it was that one

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Oh I guess talking about it won't change anything but I tend to like to discuss answers.

I put that the fact that it was airtight as this allowed for the perfect anaerobic environment for the (weird name) bacteria but inhibited the growth of other microorganisms that respired aerobically due to the absence of oxygen which meant that (weird name) bacteria thrived with little competition from other microorganisms.
    Yes me too! I wish I had a copy of the paper though as I can't remember any questions! What did you put for the 30cm3 of 0.8% acrocose(?) one

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Charlotte B)
    That's what I thought at first but I opted for the airtight because I thought that the low pH was a side effect of the bacteria's anaerobic respiration and not an actual aspect of the production process?

ReputationRep:
    That's what I thought at first but I opted for the airtight because I thought that the low pH was a side effect of the bacteria's anaerobic respiration and not an actual aspect of the production process?
    Does it not produce ethanol though which is a low pH

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Yes me too! I wish I had a copy of the paper though as I can't remember any questions! What did you put for the 30cm3 of 0.8% acrocose(?) one

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Hahaha yeah I would love a copy! I saw my teacher some in for the spares so I guess if I go after the exams he will give me one to look at.

Omg that question was so dumb! I actually asked the same question on the other bio thread. I had no clue because it didn't say anywhere about how much it weighs so I yolo-ed it and multiplied 30 by 0.8% cos it was only one mark anyway.

ReputationRep:
    Does it not produce ethanol though which is a low pH

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Yeah it does but that is not a specific measure taken by the manufacturers to reduce other micoorganisms where as packing it airtight is. It is the side effect of anaerobic respiration of the bacteria.
    I don't know tbh.. I just kinda guessed.

What did you put?

ReputationRep:
    Yeah it does but that is not a specific measure taken by the manufacturers to reduce other micoorganisms where as packing it airtight is. It is the side effect of anaerobic respiration of the bacteria.
    I don't know tbh.. I just kinda guessed.

What did you put?
    I put that ethanol is produced which other microorganisms cannot exist in.... I think anyway I can't really remember the paper

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I put that ethanol is produced which other microorganisms cannot exist in.... I think anyway I can't really remember the paper

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Do you think you did well enough to get an A despite everything?

ReputationRep:
    Do you think you did well enough to get an A despite everything?
    I really do hope so ... The essays and mc went well... It just don't knew if I did well in section 2 I really hope grade boundaries are lowered wbu?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I really do hope so ... The essays and mc went well... It just don't knew if I did well in section 2 I really hope grade boundaries are lowered wbu?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Me too... I really put so much effort into learning everything for this and now I'm worried that it wasn't enough. And if this wasn't enough what about the subjects for which I have done less revision. I am just getting totally worried about what will happen if I don't the grades.
    I am really hoping for the grade boundaries to be lowered

ReputationRep:
    Me too... I really put so much effort into learning everything for this and now I'm worried that it wasn't enough. And if this wasn't enough what about the subjects for which I have done less revision. I am just getting totally worried about what will happen if I don't the grades.
    I am really hoping for the grade boundaries to be lowered
    Me too! I worked a lot for it and it didn't really show in the exam which is frustrating yeah if everybody found it difficult hopefully!!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Me too! I worked a lot for it and it didn't really show in the exam which is frustrating yeah if everybody found it difficult hopefully!!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Yeah I think that despite this we have to stay positive and focused on the rest of our exams and not let this discourage us. I think everyone is feeling crap and finding all the exams hard.

And I thought biology was a nice exam to start with

ReputationRep:
    Yeah I think that despite this we have to stay positive and focused on the rest of our exams and not let this discourage us. I think everyone is feeling crap and finding all the exams hard.

And I thought biology was a nice exam to start with
    Is your next english? How are you feeling for that? I'm feeling worse about it than biology

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Is your next english? How are you feeling for that? I'm feeling worse about it than biology

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Oh me too... My worst subject. I hate the critical essay the most and if it is going to go like biology and all the other subjects then there are going to be some killer questions. I'm hoping my folio was good enough so even if I do bad in the essay it will be ok overall. U?

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process
Applying to university
Uni match

Find your perfect match

Our tool will help you find the perfect uni course for you

Make your revision easier

Study Help rules and posting guidelines

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.