Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I vote tablet C. Also, if you were to have used the past papers for revision and had a good memory, you'd notice that most of the questions were almost exactly the same as past papers, including that visible change with the copper carbonate one. I think the mark scheme gave marks for green powder (which we were given this time) disappearing, fizzing, blue solution formed. Polypropene was D as it was just a diagram of (C3H6)n. The only thing I was unsure of was whether I put enough for the petrol/bitumen 6 marker. General consensus in my school is that we think the grade boundaries will be quite high this time. Just goes to show how useful the past papers are when they just copy and paste the same questions from before. I don't know if this is true, but from what i've seen they often use the question most candidates struggled on from the year before and bring that forward. That could have been the case for the copper carbonate one, I can't remember.

ReputationRep:
    For the first maths question ( the mass in g I think) did you all just take away?

ReputationRep:
    For alloy 6 mark, I wrote everything about structure etc and hardness, atom size and so on. But for uses i only really explained gold. Then I said Carbon is added to aluminium? And then I wrote some WRONG things about nitinol and aluminium. I forgot to write about memory shape alloys. What mark do you guys think I will get out of 6?

ReputationRep:
    does anyone know if it was sea water or hcl

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 123kg)
    does anyone know if it was sea water or hcl
    It asked for "raw material" so likely to be sea water/brine

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone know the date when markschemes, question papers and examiners reports will be released?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cerisse Hughes)
    Yes it worked faster but the question was asking which is the most effective and tablet c neutralised 50cm3 wheras b neutralised only 25cm3
    you're right it was definitely C 100%

ReputationRep:
    I put brine. I wouldn't class HCl as a raw material as I don't think it's naturally occurring. Data is usually released the following year I think/

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by engca)
    Does anyone know the date when markschemes, question papers and examiners reports will be released?
    im thinking not till like March next year. as the 2014 ones were only released a few weeks ago

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Idirss123)
    When it asked for the oxygen left from 50cm I did 50-20 which left me with 30 , however my friends wrote 29 coz there was 21 of oxygen, do you think I will still get the mark even though I did 20 oxygen??
    Answer was 39.5cm^3 as you had to find 21% of 50, which was 10.5
    50-10.5 = 39.5

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by student34)
    For alloy 6 mark, I wrote everything about structure etc and hardness, atom size and so on. But for uses i only really explained gold. Then I said Carbon is added to aluminium? And then I wrote some WRONG things about nitinol and aluminium. I forgot to write about memory shape alloys. What mark do you guys think I will get out of 6?
    the fact that you wrote about the structure was the key part of the question which would have got you 3-4 marks and the question didn't specifically say that you had to give examples but it is always good to write more in the 6 markers because it shows you know what your talking about. I don't think it will bring down your grade too much but i think you can get a solid 4 markers which is still very good

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cerisse Hughes)
    do you think I could get a mark for writing sodium chloride?
    I wrote sodium chloride too so hopefully you will but the exam board normally allow these words to be used instead of sea water

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dr_keenAJ_2393)
    Answer was 39.5cm^3 as you had to find 21% of 50, which was 10.5
    50-10.5 = 39.5
    I got the same answer as the 21 was a percentage you had to find out the percentage from the 50 and then subtract

ReputationRep:
    Haha Mariam, who would've thought I'd find you on here?

ReputationRep:
    How does cooling the Earth affect the compostion of early atmosphere?
    I put decrease in carbon dioxide

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 123kg)
    How does cooling the Earth affect the compostion of early atmosphere?
    I put decrease in carbon dioxide
    I put water vapour condensed!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by J_student14)
    defo tablet c

Posted from TSR Mobile
    It was table B because there was 50 + 19 in the middle and the volume was 25 + 25. this was 78 in 50 cm3
    For tablet C it was 122 + somehing else to mae 164 and the volume was 50 + 50 which was 100.
    Since, the volume is double you half the amount of tablet C to see how long it wil take to neutrilise the table and that turned out to b 82 (half 164).
    Therefore tablet B takes less time to neutrilse the thing (i forgot what we were talking about ) so it was Tablet B.

ReputationRep:
    I put water vapour condensed and fell as ocean and carbon dioxide dissolved into these oceans. Therefore water vapour levels decreased and carbon dioxide levels decreased. I think the last sentence is the bit that will get you the mark as it asks specifically about the composition. Just explaining that water vapour condensed isn't answering the question.

For the 6 marker on Bitumen/Petrol - It asked about properties and uses, but didn't say you had to link the property to the use so could you just essentially just list the properties and the uses? I put that petrol was a shorter chained, non-viscous fraction which was very flammable and so was good as a fuel in cars. It's low melting and boiling point means that it can easily change between a gas and a liquid in usage and storage/transportation. Idk if that's true or not XD For bitumen I just put it was used in tarmac and roofing, was a longer chained fraction, had a high mp and bp and was very viscous. How many marks do you think I may get?

ReputationRep:
    How many marks was the "seawater" answer? 1 or 2?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hamzasalim)
    I put seawater!
    I put sodium chloride ?

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: May 24, 2016

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.