The Student Room Group

Edexcel GCSE Spanish Reading/Listening - 15th May 2015

Scroll to see replies

Original post by abbeyjayne
Reading was good but jesus christ was listening difficult :s-smilie:

Good? Good!?! What did you get for the last question on dream hotel and what mark do you usually get in readings? (Past papers I mean)
Reply 81
listening made me question if I knew any Spanish at all like wtf was that - I thought the reading was slightly easier but still have no hope unless the grade boundaries are low :frown: The only comforting thing is that most people seem to feel the same
Original post by heyheyeee
Good? Good!?! What did you get for the last question on dream hotel and what mark do you usually get in readings? (Past papers I mean)

and the last question was about future hotels and how they're going to have to change as they're main customers are people traveling for work so they're going to have to be more homely and in the future identical to a home, and it was talking about features such as a robot which would serve you 24/7 and identify your mood though facial expressions and also how hotel workers will need to know what the customer likes by talking to them ect...
>X^D with the reading, I understood some of it. Like, with the multiple choices at the beginning I could partially understand...but then you got the internet usage question where I just made some stuff up, and with the last question about 'dream hotels' I put random ticks down and hoped for the best. My controlled assessment grade was a B overall, and I needed to get A* on my reading and listening to get an A, but we all know that's not gonna happen (although, I pray it does).

And the listening was pretty okay, I'd say better than the reading for me to be honest. What was funny was that through the exam, during the conversations between two people on the audio, students in the exam hall would start chuckling (y'know the mocking cynical laugh you give when you don't understand something). And at some questions you could hear everyone's pens just drop to the table in sync.

That exam was a piece of curdled milk; almost everyone said they found it difficult, even the students who had been keenly studying Spanish. I'd been hoping to get at LEAST a B in this subject (:^/ I don't really like Spanish because I was forced to take it as part of the damned EBac which was eventually scrapped anyways, in the place of a subject I had really wanted to do), but I'm not too confident now.

:^P eeeeh, well, y'win some, y'lose some. I have more important things to be worrying about (like the damned AQA biology exams).
Original post by TSRmartha
how did everyone find it? and does anyone have an unofficial mark scheme??

I found the reading okay harder than the previous years and the listening exam was really hard so hopefully low grade boundaries as i want an A*!!
How did you find it/
Original post by Ukcurious
If anyone wants me to think of answers to certain questions I would be more then happy to try remember what I got

Do you remember what the answers were for the listening question about the festival?
and the last question was about future hotels and how they're going to have to change as they're main customers are people traveling for work so they're going to have to be more homely and in the future identical to a home, and it was talking about features such as a robot which would serve you 24/7 and identify your mood though facial expressions and also how hotel workers will need to know what the customer likes by talking to them ect...

Do you know what the answers were for the listening question on that guy and the festivals??///
Both papers were unnecessarily and ridiculously hard. The format for the listening paper was completely different to every mock we did and half the vocab I'd never seen before.

Seeing as only 4 of us in a 20-strong class did the higher tier I don't see much hope but we're all going to speak to our Spanish teacher about it because in no way was this fair. We could have been warned about the examples becoming part of the actual segment on the listening papers. Lost loads of marks because of that I think.

I woke up feeling really confident because I really enjoy Spanish and am fairly good at it but today warranted unneeded demoralisation and demotivisation. Ludicrous from Edexcel.

You should make an unoffical mark scheme as you seem to know the answers
Does anyone remember any of the answers they put for the reading or listening because I'm really worried about it and would like some reassurance!
31? That's a lot. I swear that paper was so bloody depressing. All the mocks have been a breeze, but this was completely different and that's not fair. If I knew it was challenging (and that's good to be fair) I would have prepared more. I've never got below an A* in Spanish (I got full marks in 2014) and if I found that paper ridiculous the grade boundaries should definitely be low.

I have even thought "this listening is really hard I'll just get full marks in reading" ...what an earth was that.........

Yeah , thats true.
Edexcel have been unbelievably harsh , so i think the A* grade boundary should be 26 instead XD

oh well... , i better focus on literature.
Original post by kkknazi
as if you dont know you dumb ****s, kill yourself :angry:

Excuse me I actually don't know. I
Original post by Tomoz1123
Both papers were unnecessarily and ridiculously hard. The format for the listening paper was completely different to every mock we did and half the vocab I'd never seen before.

Seeing as only 4 of us in a 20-strong class did the higher tier I don't see much hope but we're all going to speak to our Spanish teacher about it because in no way was this fair. We could have been warned about the examples becoming part of the actual segment on the listening papers. Lost loads of marks because of that I think.

I woke up feeling really confident because I really enjoy Spanish and am fairly good at it but today warranted unneeded demoralisation and demotivisation. Ludicrous from Edexcel.

Hahaha. I'm completely the same. Gna tell my teacher to bloody complain. We re not native Spanish how an earth were we expected to know all that. its great to have a challenging exam but I wish they could give us a heads up if it's this dramaticly different to the past papers.
Hahaha. I'm completely the same. Gna tell my teacher to bloody complain. We re not native Spanish how an earth were we expected to know all that. its great to have a challenging exam but I wish they could give us a heads up if it's this dramaticly different to the past papers.

Exactly! I am fuming, it's so demoralising to have the past two years thrown back in your face. In no way were we prepared for the abomination of an exam paper they gave us today. Edexcel have royally screwed the country over today.

Posted from TSR Mobile
What did people put for the listening paper on the woman's daily plan .e.g listen to messages, deliver posts etc? Also, did anyone choose 'hotel room' and 'excursions' for any of the questions?
Also, for the reading paper, did anyone put inecessarios, cara/corazon, and for one of the question was it 'lecturer' or 'art gallery' (I'm referring to the part about who will elect the final winner)?
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 95
Original post by zigocarn
What did people put for the listening paper on the woman's daily plan .e.g listen to messages, deliver posts etc? Also, did anyone choose 'hotel room' and 'excursions' for any of the questions?
Also, for the reading paper, did anyone put inecessarios, cara/corazon, and for one of the question was it 'lecturer' or 'art gallery' (I'm referring to the part about who will elect the final winner)?

Someone please answer the last question!! Was it lectura or art gallery

For which part? I can't actually remember all of them but for like one of them I put the one that was like mas eficez or something. I usually get A/A* :smile: Also my technique was to highlight and annotate the text which I did!
Original post by emilygrace99
Im not sure if you did the same paper as me as i live overseas but was Q4 listening one about a festival for you?? I thought it was hard!!

I said it lasted 9 days, and he liked the music as he hadn't heard it since he was young/reminded him of his childhood. Then for part 2 I said its dangerous because you can get robbed, and that you must always stay with a friend and not bring valuables, and that next summer he was going to stay with his brother in Valencia???
Not surprised if I got 0 on that- got A*s in both mocks but this seemed like the hardest paper so far!

Oh gosh, thank god you put nine days too as so did I but I was like surely you can't have a festival for 9 days lmao? I also put about him going back to Valencia and the stay with a friend advice :smile: So you could be right.
They were talking about technology/Internet and the effects, my answers was they his routine showed that they're addicted to the Internet, and the last question was about future hotels and how they're going to have to change as they're main customers are people traveling for work so they're going to have to be more homely and in the future identical to a home, and it was talking about features such as a robot which would serve you 24/7 and identify your mood though facial expressions and also how hotel workers will need to know what the customer likes by talking to them ect...

Yay I crossed boxes that said things that seemed like that too. Feeling a little more confident now :smile:
Original post by zigocarn

Do you mean who picks the eventual winner? I said the lecturers because they said something about 'dibujo' which means art and 'profesoras' which means teachers :smile: The woman's daily plan, the two I didn't cross were the deliver posts and photocopies ones :biggrin: hope that helps

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending