Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anon_98)
    Hahah whattt, no way.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    And believe it or not, that quantum guy just helped you with your c2 work :yes:

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Hahah whattt, no way.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    It's true, he's had entire conversations with himself, on one account pretending he's muslim and on the other that he's atheist.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by husband material)
    And believe it or not, that quantum guy just helped you with your c2 work :yes:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Bahahahah! Oh gosh lol. Thanks again for that, it made so much sense afterwards.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    "Makes the desicion to ENSURE they disbelieve"- I dont think so.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Do expand if you disagree, always willing to hear a fair argument out.

ReputationRep:
    [QUOTE=Good bloke;55865535]
    (Original post by Faisalshamallakh)
    Islam doesn't teach punishment.QUOTE]

Of course it doesn't. That is why you get verses like this one:

5:38
    It is a punishment for wrongdoing. Although I admit, Islam has some harsh punishments such as amputation.

And before ANY punishments in Islam take place. You are afforded a fair trail before a court. Islam has been practising open hearing and natural justice before such legal codes were even introduced. It is only then that these punishments are carried out.

Punishments in Islam are used as a deterrent from sins and does not target to harm/kill anyone.

Which is why you'll tend to find that crimes such as robberies and thieving are in Islamic societies are very little number in comparison to Western Societies.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by EdmundWoodstock)
    It's true, he's had entire conversations with himself, on one account pretending he's muslim and on the other that he's atheist.
    I can't believe that, oh lol why on earth would you do that¿ Its actually beyond me..but he obviously must've tripped up if you all know now.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rufflin)
    Yes, I do find baby pigs adorable. It's weird, when I was younger I was taught about how disgusting a creature it is and we must never eat pork, but that lamb/chicken were cool. Y the pig hate yo?
    Um I'm a Muslim and I don't find pigs repulsive. That is ridiculous. Just because you don't an animal, doesn't mean you have to be disgusted at the very sight of it.

ReputationRep:
    Do expand if you disagree, always willing to hear a fair argument out.
    Okay, haha- I wasnt sure if you wanted me to expand/not..and if you didn't it would've been embarrassing on my behalf. Also to the people who were on the hypricosy thread, I am going to regurgitate so I'm warning you if you dont wish for repetition.

I believe that you always have a choice, whether it be what you choose to have for breakfast or one like you've made that your sharing with us rn.

I just think that you can't blame God for your own desicions and yes he knows the outcome..but it was ultimately your choice right? For example..(warning)

If you dont study for an exam and then fail the exam afterwards, you cannot blame God and say oh- "it was not in his plan" bc at the end of the day it was you who didn't wish to study therefore it is your fault entirely. You made the choice and now you are placing the responsibility on God bc he knew what choice you were going to make..and I dont think that's right personally. Just my view on it.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by EdmundWoodstock)
    Hola, kirilenko :colone:

Sup with the account change :hmmm:
    Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    A build up of things that just didn't sit right with me. One main aspect that I couldn't understand was the fact that God was all-knowing, most forgiving etc, and everyone's life is determined before they are born. Essentially, God 'created' non Muslim humans knowing they would never enter heaven, which is absolutely absurd (e.g. a person born as a Hindu would be classed as a Kaafir/non-believer who would never enter heaven if he died as a Hindu, which God planned to happen anyway). A few other things, but this was the main reason.
    Who said non-muslims would go to hell. They will be judged according to their situation

ReputationRep:

I just think that you can't blame God for your own desicions and yes he knows the outcome..but it was ultimately your choice right? For example..(warning)

If you dont study for an exam and then fail the exam afterwards, you cannot blame God and say oh- "it was not in his plan" bc at the end of the day it was you who didn't wish to study therefore it is your fault entirely. You made the choice and now you are placing the responsibility on God bc he knew what choice you were going to make..and I dont think that's right personally. Just my view on it.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    If God knows what choice you were going to make, that makes it destined to happen.

ReputationRep:
    Add me on Steam pls

xxxn0sc0oingskrubsblazeitdankmem esfresh4sw3g20xxx

tyvm

ReputationRep:
    Okay, haha- I wasnt sure if you wanted me to expand/not..and if you didn't it would've been embarrassing on my behalf. Also to the people who were on the hypricosy thread, I am going to regurgitate so I'm warning you if you dont wish for repetition.

I believe that you always have a choice, whether it be what you choose to have for breakfast or one like you've made that your sharing with us rn.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    This is the entire argument of freedom of choice/destiny all over again. I see your point, but the thing is that whatever we feel like we have the 'choice' to do, it was going to happen anyway.

Used in an exam context really tones down the level of hypocrisy, for example yeah if I don't study for one exam, it was the will of God and it's not my fault, but the consequence of failing an exam doesn't lead to eternal torture in hellfire. However, put in the context of a person who dies Christian, regardless of all the 'choices' they may have had, in the end God decided that he was not going to believe in Islam, and therefore he would be in hell-fire eternally.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by h3isenberg)
    Lol the anti-pig propaganda is pretty rife. Forbidding the consumption of pork is one thing (even though there is no logical reason to do so), but it's essentially become an irrational aversion.
    Do you want me to walk around in a burqa and carry a micro pig in public to show I don't fear/despise pigs?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by eoe)
    Who said non-muslims would go to hell. They will be judged according to their situation
    Allah said it...

“The unbelievers among the People of the Book [Bible] and the pagans shall burn forever in the fire of Hell. They are the vilest of all creatures.” Quran 98:6.

Don't then go on to say this is cherry picking, it's one case, it's out of context or whatever. It is the word of Allah, saying unbelievers will burn forever in the fire of Hell, which is the issue in itself.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by eoe)
    Well that's wrong

You could be a pious Saint but if you don't believe in Allah specifically and accept Mohammed as his prophet then you're going to hell

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by h3isenberg)
    If God knows what choice you were going to make, that makes it destined to happen.
    Are you the same person that kept using the word "illusory"? I can't remember bc there were a few with the same points, but your name sounds familiar.

Destined to happen only bc you chose that path surely? If you had chosen another path however then God would've known that too...but that's what I think.

You're welcome to give me your example and I'll give you my take on it, if you like. If I recall correctly you gave me a mouse example but I can't remember it anymore haha.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LittleBoxes)
    Do you want me to walk around in a burqa and carry a micro pig in public to show I don't fear/despise pigs?
    Bahahaha, oh my gosh- DO IT.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LittleBoxes)
    Eh? I never said all Muslims despised pigs. But there is a fair bit of aversion, particularly on this site from people saying they're 'disgusting to look at' and spreading myths about pigs being unhygienic to eat etc.

Micro pigs are cute though

ReputationRep:
    Yay. Always happy to see another one who left that totalitarian cult.

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 17, 2017

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.