Turn on thread page Beta

6000+ people dying in the ocean whilst noone gives a hoot watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by IamLiquid)
    More people are dying from cold weather in the UK than these refugees, yet no one cares.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/weat...eed-40000.html
    indeed. We should be helping people in our own country first. Once our country is sorted we can then start to help others.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by IdeasForLife)
    I guess after years of being killed by Buddhists(yes I kid you not, buddhists terrorizing Muslims) and abused by human traffickers, the world couldn't go on looking the other way whilst Rohingya Muslims suffered. It's still trying to look the other way but some media outlets are reporting on this issue.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2015/0...ushpmg00000051

Countries can not just constantly take billions of refugees. Who will fund it? As soon as people know a country will accept them, the entire world will make the voyage. It is not economically, demographically, politically, culturally or socially possible or realistic to accept person after person.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ChickenMadness)
    indeed. We should be helping people in our own country first. Once our country is sorted we can then start to help others.
    This surprises me. Not that I disagree; not in the slightest. You just seemed all diplomatic nice-guy-y to a fault

ReputationRep:
    Religion this, religion that, religion [insert over-entitled idiots cry]

Simpleton after simpleton jumping to "definite" (which it is not) conclusions on the basis of none other than one's own misguided and highly skewed personal perception (often clouded by unreasonable contempt and bigotry) as has been shown by many of the anti-islam, anti-religion posters against these poor refugees.

Before looking for something to label and separate them from yourself, or claim the reverse (as if that justifies it) - please demonstrate some intellect in realising the Rohingya are people first and foremost. It's disgusting that so called "educated" people(?) posses such contempt for people on so little basis. ****ing idiots.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by al_94)
    Yeah you're right it's none of Britain's business but neither was Iraq or Afghanistan but those guys just killed hundreds of thousands over there.
    I find it very strange if Muslims like you absolutely despise the UK and hate it with all your passion, why do you live here? Quite simple, why live in a country you hate when you can seek a life under your beloved shariah in say Syria? It is like me living in Nazi Germany during WW2. It makes no sense.

Is is perhaps because you are claiming our benefits or is their another agenda?

ReputationRep:
    Nobody gave a hoot about the millions of people starved to death by the Soviet Union

Name:  images (6).jpg
Views: 137
Size:  14.9 KB

ReputationRep:
    I saw this on the BBC this morning, I nearly cried looking at the refugees. :cry2: I really wish I could help them, no one deserve this suffering. It's a disgrace no country is letting them in (especially you Australia :unimpressed:).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by EndIsNigh)
    Nobody gave a hoot about the millions of people starved to death by the Soviet Union

Name:  images (6).jpg
Views: 137
Size:  14.9 KB
    Wrong. Yes they did. In fact many did - to this day Russia is subject to reparation demands by former states.
    Both in and outside of the Soviet Union the troublemakers weren't usually taken lightly. At least consider the politically sensitive time period you're referring to.
    The bigger powers were exerting even greater influence then than they are now - it only makes sense that history is subject to distortion of which evidently you are demonstrating by saying "nobody gave a hoot..."

Also, you're off topic; don't post here, make a thread if you care for the soviet casualties that much. Don't get me wrong, that is as much evil as this, but we can't do much about that and this is the "News and Current affairs section".

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The two eds)
    Most Muslims hate Britain and everything about it yet by their decision alone choose to endure living here. What is up with that?
    Where did you get that from?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Catholic_)
    So, non-white countries don't want immigrants hey?
    We do accept immigrants and expatriate. But we are stricter when it comes to refugees.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Attached Images

ReputationRep:
    Why is it no muslim countries step up here and do the right thing?

Couldn't places like Saudi\Iran take them in? Or even, you know, Indonesia .......

ReputationRep:
    This is the correct way to deal with refugees. Sensible countries do not let emotionalism dictate government policy.

These sensible countries know that a trickle quickly becomes a tidal wave. EU should learn lessons from this.

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should universities take a stronger line on drugs?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.