AQA A2 English Literature LITA3: Love Through the Ages, 11 June 2015

Scroll to see replies

Original post by BecauseImBatman
So to revise i have:
- Learned wider reading quotes
- Mindsmapped possible themes and quotes to use
- Learnt context for periods

What else could be done?

Read extracts and try to analyse as much as you can in 7-10 minutes?
Reply 81
Would anyone recommend any decent resources/websites for learning literary contexts? I'm not sure whether I've got enough.

Good luck everyone.

Possibly the most important exam I've had to take so far in my life (I'm applying for English Literature) is tomorrow.

Fingers crossed.
Anyone else in a state of complete panic cus they've left it to the last minute?
What would be the most time effective ways to spend the last 24 hours?
Hi guys,

Can anyone please share their quotes for familial love poetry and prose. Also, is obsessive love a theme, or could we possibly tie it in with jealous love or something?

Thanks! :smile:
Reply 85
Can anyone share anything on context please?
Reply 86
how many quotes does everyone have? I have 8 themes and some interlink and 9 quotes, 3 of eaach genre for each theme. so thats 72 quotes? is that too many?!
Original post by fkh
how many quotes does everyone have? I have 8 themes and some interlink and 9 quotes, 3 of eaach genre for each theme. so thats 72 quotes? is that too many?!

Hi! What themes are you doing?
Reply 88
Original post by JaiGuruji
Hi! What themes are you doing?

Celebration of love
Forbidden love
Pursuit
Marriage
Loss and separation
Familial
Attitudes to sex
Unrequited love

Dont know whether to have a few quotes on friendship just incase though?? you?
Original post by JaiGuruji
Hi guys,

Can anyone please share their quotes for familial love poetry and prose. Also, is obsessive love a theme, or could we possibly tie it in with jealous love or something?

Thanks! :smile:

For poetry the post modernist poem "Daddy" by Sylvia Plath is good- "barely daring to breathe of achoo". Sharon Old's "late poem to my father is also a useful one. For drama- Cat on a Hot Tin Roof by Tennesse Williams. And for prose i am using The Awakening by Kate Chopin. I would say obsessive could be it's own theme or could link in also to jealous
Hi everyone,
Just wanted your opinion on using pieces you used in your coursework for the exam?
Original post by Jdiaper
Can anyone share anything on context please?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1c9xi_iTDHA
These YouTube videos on literature are quite basic and useful to watch for context :smile:
Reply 92
Is there any difference between Restoration literature and Cavalier poets?
Were all Cavalier poets part of the Restoration movement, but not vice versa?
Reply 93
Original post by Charlotte.97
Hi everyone,
Just wanted your opinion on using pieces you used in your coursework for the exam?

I think it's the best thing to do, you know the quotes off by heart and can analyse them quickly. The examiners don't know what pieces you used for your coursework, but be careful not to develop wider reading points more than the unseen extracts if you do that. :smile:
Original post by Charlotte.97
Hi everyone,

I don't see why not, the examiner won't know what you wrote about in your coursework so I'd go for it.
Reply 95
Does anyone know whether familial love / love of God / platonic love have come up before?

Thanks!
I just had an awful chem exam need to get into positive mood again

Posted from TSR Mobile

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 97
any predictions for what q1 genres and q2 theme may be?!
Reply 98
Probably prose for Q1 and no idea for Q2 ahaha.
Reply 99
Original post by LiamG
Probably prose for Q1 and no idea for Q2 ahaha.

Yeah i thought prose but i really hope not, its sooo much to read :frown:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending