Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AccountingBabe)
    I totes agree... Japan has really blossomed in my eyes!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Where exactly in its society has it blossomed? I'm intrigued in to what sort reasons you're going to give.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kromium)
    No one takes you seriously with your "components". Go to bed you illiterate punk.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Get over yourself...

Posted from TSR Mobile

Fair enough but some of us atheists are tired of dealing with this tbh...

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Okay, maybe I was a little harsh. I can't say I blame you for feeling the way you do.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by satanicwarmaster)
    Bro, whatever helps you sleep at night.
    Thank you satanicwarmaster. Is that your world of war craft character? XD

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Get over yourself...

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Lol over what?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Get over yourself...

Posted from TSR Mobile
    You've failed to answer two of my questions in the last 5 minutes is this a serious debate?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by satanicwarmaster)
    Okay, maybe I was a little harsh. I can't say I blame you for feeling the way you do.
    It's cool I know I don't have the answers to stable life.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    You've failed to answer two of my questions in the last 5 minutes is this a serious debate?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I'm not debating... As to my OP I wanted people's views on what an atheistic country would look like.

Debating is just a side bit.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    As far as I'm aware, religion as a whole has been outlawed only under communist countries, such as China in the 60s and 70s and the Soviet Union from 1922 onwards. I think we can safely say that neither of these regimes counted human rights as one of their strengths... Funnily enough, communism itself filled in the gap and became a religion of sorts which is interesting in itself. I don't think that a wholesale ban of religion fits with the principles of a capitalist society.

Personally I find the passion with which a lot of people speak or act against religion (the so called military atheism as per Dawkins) quite disconcerting, because it is no less fanatical or dogmatic than a religion. I do not believe in god myself but I respect and have no problem with people's religious sensibilities provided they are not evangelical about them or try to shove them down my throat. I take the same view on evangelical atheists.

ReputationRep:
    Attachment 459323459325459300

Tokyo:
    Name:  image.jpg
Views: 65
Size:  107.7 KB

Baghdad:
    Attached Images

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Makotosmakotos)
    To answer the OP:
    The workd will be much cooler without religion ( especilly islam).
    It will be very advanced technologically , and women will have full rights.
    It will be like blade runner or some other futuristic anime or movie.
    Humanity will be lead by logic and knowledge, and not by tradition and superstition.
    It will kinda like Japan actually.
    I admire the Japanese people.
    They are not religious , and that's why they are so advanced technologically.
    They are simply cool, i love them.
    Compare them with the muslims lol.
    It's a joke.
    Compare Japan to afghanistan , pakistan or iran.
    Compare Tokyo to islamabad or baghdad or kabul.
    One is a shimmering city of neon lights , the others people live in mud buildings and ride camels.
    The deep love you have for anime is probably why you can only give Japan as your prime example to compare religion to. Any others?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Aaaah people that hate religion this much are the most annoying people on this earth. Just let them have faith in things okay?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Makotosmakotos)
    Attachment 459323459325459300

Tokyo:
    Name:  image.jpg
Views: 65
Size:  107.7 KB

Baghdad:
    Are you seriously comparing Tokyo to a war torn country?

Ignorance is bliss...

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Where exactly in its society has it blossomed? I'm intrigued in to what sort reasons you're going to give.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I strongly feel that Japan has blossomed since its world war 2 involvement and their main religions are harmonious to each other and are never seen to cause harm to the world... When was the last time you seen a Japanese native fight over religion ?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Are you seriously comparing Tokyo to a war torn country?

Ignorance is bliss...

Posted from TSR Mobile
    No buildings are destroyed in the baghdad images.
    your trying to give excuses....it's not working.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ComputerMaths97)
    Aaaah people that hate religion this much are the most annoying people on this earth. Just let them have faith in things okay?
    I dont have a problem with people being atheists. Its just that the majority cant back a single argument up. I've met plenty that try there best to but accept that religion isn't for them. On the other hand we have people like OP and mako who are well....... Idiots.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I strongly feel that Japan has blossomed since its world war 2 involvement and their main religions are harmonious to each other and are never seen to cause harm to the world... When was the last time you seen a Japanese native fight over religion ?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    The whole of the Far East don't really fight over religion, until its rubs up against Islam and to a lesser extend Christianity... funny that.

ReputationRep:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I don't think anyone in the world fights over religion. Politics isn't your strong point is it?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by seeXYZ)
    The whole of the Far East don't really fight over religion, until its rubs up against Islam and to a lesser extend Christianity... funny that.
    Japan isn't Islamic or Christian....

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I don't think anyone in the world fights over religion. Politics isn't your strong point is it?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Ow **** I'm sorry... There was me thinking Isis was fighting to get sharia law in place and to kill nonbelievers. 😒

Posted from TSR Mobile

Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.