Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Given my background (University of Washington BA student in International Studies, CGPA 3.82, other academic achievements) I think it was my application(writing) that did not persuade them

(Original post by EconomistJack)
    Do you mind me asking what you think the reason was?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jencvo)
    Given my background (University of Washington BA student in International Studies, CGPA 3.82, other academic achievements) I think it was my application(writing) that did not persuade them
    your background is strong indeed!
    sorry for your rejection but also congrats to your offer in development studies
    Do you mind tell me how did you receive the response?
    is it by email or via the camsis status?
    so I can be mentally prepared when I check either of this...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by miremind)
    your background is strong indeed!
    sorry for your rejection but also congrats to your offer in development studies
    Do you mind tell me how did you receive the response?
    is it by email or via the camsis status?
    so I can be mentally prepared when I check either of this...
    thanks!
    I just got an email letting me know. it was a disappointment for sure but at least it came now, not in March

ReputationRep:
    Anything new today?

ReputationRep:
    Same old 'under consideration by department'

ReputationRep:
    Same here!
    Did any of you apply to the Cambridge Trust? Does anyone have any idea how much funding they typically give per student? There is hardly any information at all online.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I did! I think it depends on the award you applied.
    if for the Cambridge Trust award itself, I think it would likely to be partial.
    but again, as you said there's so little info online, I don't know that for sure :/

ReputationRep:
    thanks!
    I just got an email letting me know. it was a disappointment for sure but at least it came now, not in March
    Hello, it seems you have submitted two applications to cambridge. Congratulations for the one you get offer. And could I ask in that case do referees need to send academic reference letters twice?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zhedong)
    Hello, it seems you have submitted two applications to cambridge. Congratulations for the one you get offer. And could I ask in that case do referees need to send academic reference letters twice?
    hey, yeah they have to submit them separately for that. references should probably be a bit tailored towards the program as well, since they are a bit different

ReputationRep:
    hey, yeah they have to submit them separately for that. references should probably be a bit tailored towards the program as well, since they are a bit different
    Thanks for the reply. So have you invited different referees for two programmes, or you have asked same referees to write different academic references for each program.

ReputationRep:
    any news, anyone?
    I keep on checking forums compulsively at quite an unhealthy pace, argh

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zhedong)
    Thanks for the reply. So have you invited different referees for two programmes, or you have asked same referees to write different academic references for each program.
    I used the same two references and asked them to shape a bit towards the program. no idea how they ended up doing it

ReputationRep:
    Hi everyone, I am currently a third year student in Land Economy at Cambridge and got my offer for MPhil Management a week ago (I applied for Gates and Cambridge Trust as well, but no news about the scholarships yet). Good luck to everyone and feel free to get in touch (here or [email protected]), we may be in the same class in the end

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pe94)
    Hi everyone, I am currently a third year student in Land Economy at Cambridge and got my offer for MPhil Management a week ago (I applied for Gates and Cambridge Trust as well, but no news about the scholarships yet). Good luck to everyone and feel free to get in touch (here or [email protected]), we may be in the same class in the end
    Wow congrats!! May I check when did you apply for it and what are your stats? So at least I would know where I stand hahaha

ReputationRep:
    Well done!

What date did you apply? Was it on the BOGS stage for very long?

I think those of us that haven't been either accepted or rejected yet may possibly be on hold?

ReputationRep:
    I applied in the Gates deadline which was around 12 December I believe? I was quite surprise (and pleased of course) with such a quick response. My averages were 64 (Part IA), 68 (Part IB) and I am predicted a First in Part II and upon graduation. My offer is for a First as well.

ReputationRep:
    That's quite a quick response - I applied mid-October and am yet to hear anything at all! Did you get an email about it or did you check camsis?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by EconomistJack)
    That's quite a quick response - I applied mid-October and am yet to hear anything at all! Did you get an email about it or did you check camsis?
    I got an email.
    You are notified every time they change something on the system.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pe94)
    Congratulations! so this might be (one of) the first offer from this programme
    hope we will be classmates!

ReputationRep:
    Hey gang,

Any news this week?

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 8, 2017

University open days

1. University of Bradford
    University-wide Postgraduate
    Wed, 25 Jul '18
  2. University of Buckingham
    Psychology Taster Tutorial Undergraduate
    Wed, 25 Jul '18
  3. Bournemouth University
    Clearing Campus Visit Undergraduate
    Wed, 1 Aug '18
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.