Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ronove)
    Try £30k
    Doesn't count. You aren't in the same predicament as her and the husband to be.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TwinnyP)
    Doesn't count. You aren't in the same predicament as her and the husband to be.
    Catch me up? I lost the will to live before I saw any of that

ReputationRep:
    Catch me up? I lost the will to live before I saw any of that
    TBH, am surprised you came back after she replied with 6 words to that massive paragraph you wrote for her :lol:

Anyway, no matter what I, or you say, we will never experience the hardship that Holson and her hubby have to deal with on a daily basis. They have bills, food and other things to pay for. With this thing called money, and it needs to be earned. And that's hard.

So when you have those things on your plate, then you can give advice. Got it? :unimpressed:

ReputationRep:
    TBH, am surprised you came back after she replied with 6 words to that massive paragraph you wrote for her :lol:

Anyway, no matter what I, or you say, we will never experience the hardship that Holson and her hubby have to deal with on a daily basis. They have bills, food and other things to pay for. With this thing called money, and it needs to be earned. And that's hard.

So when you have those things on your plate, then you can give advice. Got it? :unimpressed:
    I happen to also live with my fiancé in a flat which has to be paid for. And I'm a student as she hopes to soon be. :eek2:
    And between January 2014 and one whole week ago I had no income whatsoever - we had to survive on my fiancé's pay (which is minimum wage). How'd you like that?

ReputationRep:
    I happen to also live with my fiancé in a flat which has to be paid for. And I'm a student as she hopes to soon be. :eek2:
    And between January 2014 and one whole week ago I had no income whatsoever - we had to survive on my fiancé's pay (which is minimum wage). How'd you like that?
    Na, you must be lying, only Holson experiences such life lessons Nobody has it that hard. Only her and the husband.

Even then, you don't have to walk, and apply for jobs, and owe 22 quid to the devil.

ReputationRep:
    Na, you must be lying, only Holson experiences such life lessons Nobody has it that hard. Only her and the husband.

Even then, you don't have to walk, and apply for jobs, and owe 22 quid to the devil.
    No... but I do have to put up with speaking a different language every day (and studying a degree taught in it :eek3:). Getting to that stage has been a pain in the arse, let me tell you.

ReputationRep:
    No... but I do have to put up with speaking a different language every day (and studying a degree taught in it :eek3:). Getting to that stage has been a pain in the arse, let me tell you.
    But, but, sometimes phone calls aren't free!! Back me up Holson!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by holson)
    Please **** off I am sick and tired of people like you having a go at me for being so anxiety-ridden about stuff like this. I can't help being so scared about stuff it's just me. Everyone is entitled to worry, just because you don't think it's worth worrying about it doesn't give you an excuse to be so mean about it.

My original question was is there a website I make the payment to, but everyone just told me how to make twenty quid...

Mods, please closr the thread because I am THIS close to completely losing it

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha hahahahaha

You are the most over dramatic person I have ever met. No wonder you were picked on at University. You act like a victim for attention, and then tragically play it off like other people are being nasty too you, when in fact you act like a fool.

Jesus have mercy on us all :lol: :lol: :lol:

ReputationRep:
    Please **** off I am sick and tired of people like you having a go at me for being so anxiety-ridden about stuff like this. I can't help being so scared about stuff it's just me. Everyone is entitled to worry, just because you don't think it's worth worrying about it doesn't give you an excuse to be so mean about it.

My original question was is there a website I make the payment to, but everyone just told me how to make twenty quid...

Mods, please closr the thread because I am THIS close to completely losing it

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Step away, try not to take this **** so personally. It's just the internet. People on the internet (especially on TSR, a lot of the time) are dicks. No-one here knows you. If something is making you feel bad, go do something else - just a tip from experience. I hope you feel better soon.

ReputationRep:
    If OP's husband is on minimum wage working, I don't understand how she can't easily pay back £20?

40 hours/week at £6.50/hour is £260. Per week, let's say rent is £100, food is £40 between 2, bills are £25 between 2, travel is £20. That's £185. Throw on an extra £50 in case I under-estimated how much some of these things cost, you're looking at £235 weekly expenditure.

By my calculations, you can pay back £20 quite easily after 1 week. :lol: Or am I missing something here?

ReputationRep:
    Oh and I forgot - if OP is unemployed, she's claiming job seekers allowance I assume? That's a further £60/week. So it should be extremely easy to pay back £20.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by snowman77)
    If OP's husband is on minimum wage working, I don't understand how she can't easily pay back £20?

40 hours/week at £6.50/hour is £260. Per week, let's say rent is £100, food is £40 between 2, bills are £25 between 2, travel is £20. That's £185. Throw on an extra £50 in case I under-estimated how much some of these things cost, you're looking at £235 weekly expenditure.

By my calculations, you can pay back £20 quite easily after 1 week. :lol: Or am I missing something here?
    He gets £300 a week. (Roughly £1200 a month). Rent is £195 a week. Bills are £42 a week (20 council tax, 7 water, 15 gas/leccy). Food is £25 a week. Petrol is £35 a week. I'm not on job seekers.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    He gets £300 a week. (Roughly £1200 a month). Rent is £195 a week. Bills are £42 a week (20 council tax, 7 water, 15 gas/leccy). Food is £25 a week. Petrol is £35 a week. I'm not on job seekers.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    You should be on job seekers. That's an extra £60 per week. You can't just keep sponging off him. You need to be looking for work if you're not in uni.

And why does he have a car when he's barely earning above minimum wage and paying almost £200 in rent? :facepalm: Some people need to get their priorities in order.

ReputationRep:
    You should be on job seekers. That's an extra £60 per week. You can't just keep sponging off him. You need to be looking for work if you're not in uni.

And why does he have a car when he's barely earning above minimum wage and paying almost £200 in rent? :facepalm: Some people need to get their priorities in order.
    Because he works 90 min drive away. I am looking for work. Hence the 430 applications. We live in a city and the houses with parking aren't cheap

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Oh and I forgot - if OP is unemployed, she's claiming job seekers allowance I assume? That's a further £60/week. So it should be extremely easy to pay back £20.
    Ner. JSA could go to somebody more in need of it than her. Apparently.

Because obviously JSA is on a first come first serve basis, where it will eventually run out. She is being so considerate sacrificing £60 a week for others.

ReputationRep:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    How does your OH pay for car tax and car insurance? On street parking? A Phone contract? Possibly Broadband?

He's only saving 3 quid a week to cover all that?

ReputationRep:
    Ner. JSA could go to somebody more in need of it than her. Apparently.

Because obviously JSA is on a first come first serve basis, where it will eventually run out. She is being so considerate sacrificing £60 a week for others.
    What the hell, I've never heard such rubbish. :lol:

Get on job seekers, OP. Why the **** aren't you on it already? It's £60 a week, which would make a big difference to your life. They also put you on the work programme after 9 months if you haven't found work.

ReputationRep:
    How does your OH pay for car tax and car insurance? On street parking? A Phone contract? Possibly Broadband?

He's only saving 3 quid a week to cover all that?
    Parking is free lol. He's paid his tax and insurance already and it isn't due for a while. Our broadband is free for 18 months. He is on PAYG

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:

Get on job seekers, OP. Why the **** aren't you on it already? It's £60 a week, which would make a big difference to your life. They also put you on the work programme after 9 months if you haven't found work.
    Exactly. It's a benefit any unemployed person is entitled to, proving they are looking for work :lol:

ReputationRep:

I used to (I've never said it will 'run out' as the above user said, I just said the money could go somewhere more deserving than myself) but I was treated like **** and I've had enough of that so I gave up. They didn't help me get a job at all, just basically said 'are you applying, ok good here's your £60'. They looked down their nose at me like I was scum and more, which I won't go into.

University open days

1. University of Bradford
    University-wide Postgraduate
    Wed, 25 Jul '18
  2. University of Buckingham
    Psychology Taster Tutorial Undergraduate
    Wed, 25 Jul '18
  3. Bournemouth University
    Clearing Campus Visit Undergraduate
    Wed, 1 Aug '18
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.