Turn on thread page Beta

Is it ever a good idea to contact an ex? watch

ReputationRep:
    I've had times where I wanted to contact my ex but decided against it, and ultimately I'm glad I didn't get in touch. Of course it depends on the couple, but personally I think it would bring back too many memories. I can't see myself being (just) friends with the person I was due to marry, although some of my friends have been surprised that I don't want to stay in contact with him!

ReputationRep:
    Drinking mainly. Eating too.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by GingerJoe)
    Drinking mainly. Eating too.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Drinking alcoholic beverages?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by codle)
    I've had times where I wanted to contact my ex but decided against it, and ultimately I'm glad I didn't get in touch. Of course it depends on the couple, but personally I think it would bring back too many memories. I can't see myself being (just) friends with the person I was due to marry, although some of my friends have been surprised that I don't want to stay in contact with him!
    Ooh I wouldn't want to either in that situation, it would probably hurt too much. Come to think of it I've more or less kept in contact with every guy I've dated, it doesn't usually last long though. With the exception of my first boyfriend, we were in contact for almost a year after we broke up. he really wanted to stay friends and he got into a new relationship and everything. He would tell me about their problems which were coincidently the same problems we had. It definitely didn't help the healing process.

ReputationRep:
    I did once. My ex studied CompSci and I am useless at computers so when my entire EPQ went missing one night from my laptop I gave him a cheeky call and asked for his help. Sure enough he found it but it was awk as hell haha

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by picklescamp)
    I did once. My ex studied CompSci and I am useless at computers so when my entire EPQ went missing one night from my laptop I gave him a cheeky call and asked for his help. Sure enough he found it but it was awk as hell haha
    Lol did either of you make contact after that? This reminds me of when I was stranded on holiday and maybe a little tipsy. I took out my phone and dialed my ex's number, luckily my phone wouldn't call out. It was 5am GMT time, he wouldn't have been too impressed. I don't know why I thought he'd be much help when we weren't even in the same country.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by phunky_fresh)
    Lol did either of you make contact after that? This reminds me of when I was stranded on holiday and maybe a little tipsy. I took out my phone and dialed my ex's number, luckily my phone wouldn't call out. It was 5am GMT time, he wouldn't have been too impressed. I don't know why I thought he'd be much help when we weren't even in the same country.
    haha no. We didn't end on awful terms but we hadn't spoken since the break up and haven't spoken since (apart from the next day when I messaged him saying thanks and he made some comment about me using him :dontknow: ) that's the kind of thing I'd do :lol: this is why my friends always make me delete a guys number when we're over.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by picklescamp)
    haha no. We didn't end on awful terms but we hadn't spoken since the break up and haven't spoken since (apart from the next day when I messaged him saying thanks and he made some comment about me using him :dontknow: ) that's the kind of thing I'd do :lol: this is why my friends always make me delete a guys number when we're over.
    Lmao oh ok well at least he was nice enough to help you out! I'm terrible at deleting numbers. I've deleted this guys number twice, then out of the blue he makes contact and I don't have the heart to block him. He is such a lovely guy. *sighs

ReputationRep:
    Ooh I wouldn't want to either in that situation, it would probably hurt too much. Come to think of it I've more or less kept in contact with every guy I've dated, it doesn't usually last long though. With the exception of my first boyfriend, we were in contact for almost a year after we broke up. he really wanted to stay friends and he got into a new relationship and everything. He would tell me about their problems which were coincidently the same problems we had. It definitely didn't help the healing process.
    No, I think because we were so close and had been for so long, even if we were both completely over it I can't imagine staying in contact. It's good that you have kept in touch with some people in the past, but yeah, if it gets to the stage where you're listening to their relationship problems it's gone too far! I imagine that was hard.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Alcoholic drinks - yeah I'm drinking alcohol. Have a pint now.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    i talk with my ex's i dont see a problem with it
    I was on holiday and a little tipsy a couple nights ago and I texted my ex. All the message said was hi and he responded the next day. I thought he either wouldn't reply or his responses would be short and sweet, but he was his usual self and the conversation quickly developed over the last few days. I'm not expecting anything out of it, I guess i missed him and wanted to see how he was doing. A part of me thinks the text was a mistake and maybe I shouldn't have bothered.

I kinda feel like I'm hanging on or he might think I'm chasing him or something.

We broke up on good terms I would say, we didn't agree to stay friends though and we haven't had any contact in two months.

ReputationRep:
    I don't think so. If ever I get the urge to contact an ex, I know that I am not thinking straight and that something is up!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by GingerJoe)
    Alcoholic drinks - yeah I'm drinking alcohol. Have a pint now.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I hope you're doing okay

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jazjaz)
    I don't think so. If ever I get the urge to contact an ex, I know that I am not thinking straight and that something is up!
    Lol. I have a habit of contacting guys I've dated shortly after we've gone our separate ways. I'm not sure why I do it to myself tbh. This one will be the one that got away though!

ReputationRep:
    Well I'm getting through the day. But if when I'm not busy I realise how empty I feel.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: October 5, 2015
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.