Turn on thread page Beta

Should Mourinho be sacked? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Yeah. KDB and Mata fair enough, but we are missing Felipe Luis (/Bertrand) & David Luiz most IMO.

ReputationRep:
    Would be delicious if he got sacked after losing to Liverpool

ReputationRep:
    No it is far too entertaining . I look forward to his antics as much as my own team playing at the minute

Never change Moanriniho

ReputationRep:
    Sometimes there are duff seasons. What would be a worry if this form happened two seasons in a row.

Klopp makes Dortmund sink for a whole seasons and it gets seen as just crazy form and he'll be an auto success whichever club he joins next. Mourinho does the same for a couple of months and it's an immediate crisis. Imagine if Fergie got sacked when United finished third.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ozzyoscy)
    Sometimes there are duff seasons. What would be a worry if this form happened two seasons in a row.

Klopp makes Dortmund sink for a whole seasons and it gets seen as just crazy form and he'll be an auto success whichever club he joins next. Mourinho does the same for a couple of months and it's an immediate crisis. Imagine if Fergie got sacked when United finished third.
    There were quite a few people, including journalists, at the time calling for Ferguson's head before the World Cup in 2006. Made some terrible signings during 03-06. This is just one article but there were loads more - http://www.theguardian.com/football/.../sport.comment

It's the way he's been acting as well though, Ferguson didn't act the **** like Mourinho has been doing. It kind of seems like Mourinho is intentionally being disruptive to get himself the sack.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Wilfred Little)
    There were quite a few people, including journalists, at the time calling for Ferguson's head before the World Cup in 2006. Made some terrible signings during 03-06. This is just one article but there were loads more - http://www.theguardian.com/football/.../sport.comment

It's the way he's been acting as well though, Ferguson didn't act the **** like Mourinho has been doing. It kind of seems like Mourinho is intentionally being disruptive to get himself the sack.
    The point wasn't that no one said he should be sacked (though I wouldn't take news articles, let alone sports articles, as a snapshot of people's thoughts at the time), I was saying imagine if he WAS sacked, the leagues and cups that wouldn't be won.

Managers are getting sacked before they get the chance to turn things around. Heck imagine if every manager got sacked as soon as they got bad form; everyone would be sacked... which they are. Only Wenger's surviving due to being a political player; he's Arsenal's Sepp.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ozzyoscy)

Same for benitez and Liverpool tbf. Mourinho not helping himself, that is what is pissing me off the most. I've said **** this guy for ages but hes a great manager regardless.

I think he can get us to bounce back and make top 3. Title's arsenals though ffs.

ReputationRep:
    He has nothing to say

ReputationRep:
    I still think he'll be given bit more time, maybe until the end of the Xmas fixtures. If Chelsea are still in dire straits, he'll replace him reluctantly to the tune of £30m but that's loose change for Abramovich anyway.

His press conferences and interviews are the only aspect of Chelsea that shows bit of fight, unlike his players. Ferdinand made a point that compared to the strong dressing room of Ballack, Terry, Drogba, Lampard, Cech who could accept a rollocking, this crop of players need handling differently but they seem to be showing nothing for him now so hard to see results/performances improving.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aky786UK)
    I still think he'll be given bit more time, maybe until the end of the Xmas fixtures. If Chelsea are still in dire straits, he'll replace him reluctantly to the tune of £30m but that's loose change for Abramovich anyway.

His press conferences and interviews are the only aspect of Chelsea that shows bit of fight, unlike his players. Ferdinand made a point that compared to the strong dressing room of Ballack, Terry, Drogba, Lampard, Cech who could accept a rollocking, this crop of players need handling differently but they seem to be showing nothing for him now so hard to see results/performances improving.
    Like now?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Wilfred Little)
    Like now?
    Yeah but I'm intrigued to see if they can go any worse - will Mourinho endure a humiliation (thinking Barca 5-0 in 2010) that nails it for Roman to sack him? They'll probably pick up the odd win here and there that eeks Jose's reign out a tad longer before the inevitable happens.

ReputationRep:
    Nah. I know he can bounce back. I think it's the players that want him out

ReputationRep:
    I find him entertaining though.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LeyK)
    Nah. I know he can bounce back. I think it's the players that want him out
    If his current squad want him out, how is he meant to bounce back? He needs them to perform to move up the table. Unless this season is completely written off and a terrible finish is accepted.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    I remember Arsenal being in the bottom half in December a few years ago and they still managed to finish 3rd. Given how poor the league is this year all Chelsea have to do is string a couple of wins together and they're right back in the mix. Looking at their Christmas fixtures it's not impossible to see it happening.

Not sure if Abramovich would be happy with 4th place though.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NathanW18)
    If his current squad want him out, how is he meant to bounce back? He needs them to perform to move up the table. Unless this season is completely written off and a terrible finish is accepted.
    I'll rephrase it for you "No, I know he has the ability to bounce back. Tho I think it might be the players that want him out"
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Keep him for the season, this is hilarious. Think I'm right saying that if Sunderland win tomorrow then they can go into the relegation zone next week

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    (Original post by Stiff Little Fingers)
    Keep him for the season, this is hilarious. Think I'm right saying that if Sunderland win tomorrow then they can go into the relegation zone next week

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Would also require Bournemouth beating Newcastle and Norwich beating Swansea. Unlikely but it would be hilarious.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aky786UK)
    Will have to see. I guess waiting till christmas can still work.
    It doesn't have to be a fight though, it's about his ridiculous tactics, how he is overly defensive with a team that are more suitable to being on the front foot. It's about how he is using Ivanovic at RB when he was causing us to concede goals, it is about how he is using Zouma at RB when he offers 0 attacking threat in that area, it is about how he misuses Fabregas in these key games(although the usage of Fabregas tonight was spot on for once) it is about how he plays a midfield of Mikel and Ramires against Liverpool when you have Matic who despite his poor form is a much better player than Mikel, a rusty one at that.

It is not about the psychology, it is about team fit and how he doesn't help the players fit into the team. The changes have been needed for a while, a CM was needed clearly and he doesn't play them. He subs off our best creative player and leaves inferior players on the pitch when we need a goal.

It is not about the players, the fault lies mainly with the manager.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jam277)
    Will have to see. I guess waiting till christmas can still work.

It doesn't have to be a fight though, it's about his ridiculous tactics, how he is overly defensive with a team that are more suitable to being on the front foot. It's about how he is using Ivanovic at RB when he was causing us to concede goals, it is about how he is using Zouma at RB when he offers 0 attacking threat in that area, it is about how he misuses Fabregas in these key games(although the usage of Fabregas tonight was spot on for once) it is about how he plays a midfield of Mikel and Ramires against Liverpool when you have Matic who despite his poor form is a much better player than Mikel, a rusty one at that.

It is not about the psychology, it is about team fit and how he doesn't help the players fit into the team. The changes have been needed for a while, a CM was needed clearly and he doesn't play them. He subs off our best creative player and leaves inferior players on the pitch when we need a goal.

It is not about the players, the fault lies mainly with the manager.
    Yes, he's made some blunders with what you've mentioned but I do wonder now, in hindsight, that they didn't make a mistake going for Luke Shaw when they had a chance and he probably would have turned down United to go there if the money was near abouts the same he's getting now. Would have allowed a transition allowing Dave to hover around Ivanovic at RB before taking the slot permanently and use the latter as rotation.

I'd disagree that it's about psychology also. He seems to have alienated players who were successful for him last year (Hazard, Matic) and who didn't need to be alienated - they needed a carrot, not a stick. He's got a certain style of management, he in fact, noted it's a "confrontational leadership" but when he talks about stability etc, he can't do that if he has one style of management. Ferguson wouldn't have lasted at United if he continued to motivate the players with a stick after the first three years he was at the club.

Poll
Is the Big Bang theory correct?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.