Turn on thread page Beta

What do British boys think of oriental girls?? watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by yl95)
    Korea is not in South East Asia and neither are people from the 'Oriental' region.

How many Korean girls do you know? Please don't generalise.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I don't think most people think to exclude Lao, Cambodian or Vietnamese girls from "Oriental". Although I'd agree that they aren't really of the Orient. Is China oriental though? I think Chinese people would fall under the Oriental umbrella in most cases but I'm not sure.

Posted from the TSR app - no updates since 2013!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by yl95)
    How many Korean girls do you know? Please don't generalise.
    I came to know a fair few and I very often came across an attitude almost instantly which I almost never encountered in over a year spent living in Japan. It was basically along the lines of "Koreans are the most beautiful in the world, and you should be thankful I'm talking to you".

Obviously not everyone is like that but this is no coincidence.

P.S: They aren't the most beautiful, I was actually extremely underwhelmed.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jebedee)
    I came to know a fair few and I very often came across an attitude almost instantly which I almost never encountered in over a year spent living in Japan. It was basically along the lines of "Koreans are the most beautiful in the world, and you should be thankful I'm talking to you".

Koreans are stunning, but they aren't a patch on aboriginal Australians.

Seriously though, if not Koreans then who?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jape)
    Koreans are stunning, but they aren't a patch on aboriginal Australians.

Seriously though, if not Koreans then who?

I used to think it was Koreans but I was basing that on kpop stars mainly. When I actually went to Korea I barely ever seen a girl above a 6.5.
    I really don't know anything about aboriginal Australians but from what my Aussie friends have told me they're more along the lines of toothless gypsies who constantly cause trouble but nevertheless are pampered by the left-wing government. Stunning wasn't a word that came up.

ReputationRep:
    I used to think it was Koreans but I was basing that on kpop stars mainly. When I actually went to Korea I barely ever seen a girl above a 6.5.
    I really don't know anything about aboriginal Australians but from what my Aussie friends have told me they're more along the lines of toothless gypsies who constantly cause trouble but nevertheless are pampered by the left-wing government. Stunning wasn't a word that came up.
    http://i.imgur.com/U07sWho.jpg

Yes, incognito. I don't want anyone who happens to look at my history getting the wrong vibe.

ReputationRep:
    id suggest white british males are all over oriental girls. its probably the most common ethno-partnership i see after black guy with white girl

ReputationRep:
    beautiful

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Echo_Al)
    IDK . . . . I'm not certain . . .
    When you say British did you really mean English because English is the race British is the state. Anyhow, Japanese most beautiful, then Chinese. Ugliest are Thai where the lady-boys are supposed to be better than the lady-ladies, if you know what I mean. Korean should be somewhere in between Jap and Chinese I think would put you in a strong category...but we must see your pics.

ReputationRep:
    Not be funny but I can't tell them much apart? I will say that whichever ethnicity they are I tend to lowkey envy the ones with a more tan hue, who look like empresses by nature. Like Gong Li.

http://www.theplace2.ru/archive/gong...HQCB3_122_.jpg
    http://www.asiaworldmedia.com/main/w.../Gong_Li_3.jpg

ReputationRep:
    i like orientals and all types of girls if they are attractive. i.e. if you have a fit body not fat not too skinny and a nice face then i will be attracted to you. it doesnt matter whether your oriental, black, green, purple, pink etc.. ive never understood how some guys can say they have preferences in race or details like blondes, etc... i just think im blessed not to care about that miniscule **** and just like a girl if she is attractive because at the end of the day it leaves me with a lot of options as opposed to someone who has a specific type

tbf oriental girls are gen in much better shape than english girls. if you a really slim white girl in britain, shes probably eastern european

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jape)
    http://i.imgur.com/U07sWho.jpg

Yes, incognito. I don't want anyone who happens to look at my history getting the wrong vibe.
    Maybe I was wrong....I am....stunned.

ReputationRep:

Uhh I'm sorry you had that experience but being a Korean myself you'd find the opposite attitude when it comes to that. Koreans IN GENERAL fawn over foreigners. Some elderly Koreans may have been rude to you and I'm sorry if that was the case; it's probably because of the dated attitude towards foreigners. Korea is obviously a homogeneous nation and is quite nationalistic so some of that is reflected in the older generations. However, Korea is a more liberal country now.
    It may also have been the difference in values but I think it is unfair to call Koreans out as a certain kind. It's a very small sample.

Maybe you're just not drawn to Korean facial features..and obviously the average is 5 so no surprise that you won't have seen that many stunners. Also dunno why you were shocked as Hollywood does not represent Americans. But you're making it sound like everyone else will think the same, correct me if I'm wrong.
    Although if you went there recently you probably found the quite popular trend of very pale skin (ghost like) and bug eyes almost repulsive. I agree as it takes away from their natural features.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by yl95)
    Uhh I'm sorry you had that experience but being a Korean myself you'd find the opposite attitude when it comes to that. Koreans IN GENERAL fawn over foreigners. Some elderly Koreans may have been rude to you and I'm sorry if that was the case; it's probably because of the dated attitude towards foreigners. Korea is obviously a homogeneous nation and is quite nationalistic so some of that is reflected in the older generations. However, Korea is a more liberal country now.
    It may also have been the difference in values but I think it is unfair to call Koreans out as a certain kind. It's a very small sample.

Maybe you're just not drawn to Korean facial features..and obviously the average is 5 so no surprise that you won't have seen that many stunners. Also dunno why you were shocked as Hollywood does not represent Americans. But you're making it sound like everyone else will think the same, correct me if I'm wrong.
    Although if you went there recently you probably found the quite popular trend of very pale skin (ghost like) and bug eyes almost repulsive. I agree as it takes away from their natural features.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    No I never really spoke to any of the older generation, Only people in their 20s. I'm not saying they were necessarily rude per se, I'm just explaining the mindset they conveyed to me. Also when these prissy wannabe princesses were put in their place a few of them proceeded to brag about all the "rich, tall, white guys" they spend their time with. As if people who have to pay for company is some sort of trophy.

I'm not particularly drawn to the ghost look, no. However I can say that Japanese are objectively more attractive by a long shot and way more demure. Plus the plastic surgery is surprisingly common. Songae I think was an appropriate word.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Proxenus)
    Miss Smurf dat you?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    No Mr smurf is a racist. Which I'm not.

ReputationRep:
    I always find that most British guys never really approach foreign girls, which makes no sense to me. I've been with plenty of foreigners in the UK who said they wanted to hook up with someone but no guy made an effort. Oh well, more for me.

I wasn't too impressed with the attitude of the average Korean girl though I must say.
    Well . . . Maybe you don't know any other nice Korean girls?

ReputationRep:
    No I never really spoke to any of the older generation, Only people in their 20s. I'm not saying they were necessarily rude per se, I'm just explaining the mindset they conveyed to me. Also when these prissy wannabe princesses were put in their place a few of them proceeded to brag about all the "rich, tall, white guys" they spend their time with. As if people who have to pay for company is some sort of trophy.

I'm not particularly drawn to the ghost look, no. However I can say that Japanese are objectively more attractive by a long shot and way more demure. Plus the plastic surgery is surprisingly common. Songae I think was an appropriate word.
    Yeah sorry you just ran into the wrong crowd.

Objectively?...Be careful with your wording. I think you mean subjectively. I don't know how long you stayed in Korea for but you have some pretty strong and misinformed views.

What is songae? I have no idea what you're trying to say...not a word.
    Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I'm half Japanese, so I have some experience here However I will say that although people can tell there's "some Asian" in me, I am a bit racially ambiguous to most people so my experience will differ from most Asians.

Personally, I've never found being Asian to be a turn off to any guys I've gone for. If anything, I've found that it helps me stand out a little in terms of cultural understanding and my appearance. You do get some guys with "yellow fever" though - I try to avoid these types. They tend to overuse the term "Asian persuasion" and rave to me about how much they love J-pop, amine and sushi

Honestly though, in my experience guys don't care. Some think it's exotic but at the end of the day you're going to get more guys by living a balanced life. If you work out, have an active social life and generally have your life together, you'll present yourself as more confident and desirable and then guys will come to you.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by yl95)
    Yeah sorry you just ran into the wrong crowd.

Objectively?...Be careful with your wording. I think you mean subjectively. I don't know how long you stayed in Korea for but you have some pretty strong and misinformed views.

What is songae? I have no idea what you're trying to say...not a word.
    Posted from TSR Mobile
    No I made no mistake with my wording.
    Songae, if I remember right that's how you say it in Pusan dialect and it means plastic face monster (too much surgery).

ReputationRep:
    No I made no mistake with my wording.
    Songae, if I remember right that's how you say it in Pusan dialect and it means plastic face monster (too much surgery).
    No, it is a subjective opinion. Maybe the plastic surgery look isn't what you're looking for but there are plenty of other Koreans who are not like that.

Tried searching every different combination phonetically of that word in Korean and nothing comes up.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: September 20, 2015
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.