Turn on thread page Beta

If Islamic State took over the UK would you stay? watch

Announcements
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    I guess I'd stay and fight.

ReputationRep:
    I'd leave immediately, but I know this would never happen anyway.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by miser)
    I guess I'd stay and fight.
    Haha. I'm sure a PC vegan hippie would be of great use in a war.

id like to think i would stay and fight. doubt i would be of much use though.
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    (Original post by The_Mighty_Bush)
    You can take my Peacemaker to the face if you're going to destroy the cohesion of the resistance.

(Original post by ChaoticButterfly)
    Join the equivalent of the PKK maybe?
    The Dalston Massive?

(Original post by Mr JB)
    Don't forget either, the Ottoman Empire was brutal and unforgiving.
    'Brutal and unforgiving'? A damn sight less so than the other empires of the time, especially that of the British.

ReputationRep:
    Jolly good then. Can I be the Vicar of Bray please?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RamocitoMorales)
    The Dalston Massive?

'Brutal and unforgiving'? A damn sight less so than the other empires of the time, especially that of the British.
    That's complete nonsense. The Ottoman engaged in large scale slavery and sex slavery. The British empire abolished slavery.

ReputationRep:
    I'd head to America for training. Then come back and massacre them in a massive Donald Trump led war
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    Study Helper
    Never going to happen. Brits would enlist in their millions rather than wait for the country to be taken apart. Contrary to the Muslim faith, most Brits define themselves as staunch nationals and not religion. We would be fighting for democracy, freedom, equality and justice. Far more worthy and infinitely easier to justify defending than the barbarism of extremist Sharia.

The task would be relatively straightforward for the Government although quite unsavoury for a while but in keeping with a proportional response inluding: coralling potential subversives, containment since the majority of the Islamic community are clustered within easy reach of a handful of mosques making threat neiutralisation relatively straightforwards with marshal law imposed, compulsory registration, asset confiscation, etc.

If people think this is a bridge too far, think again. Britain would contemplate using nukes tp neutralise the threat before allowing the country to fall.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah I would love nothing more than to walk around being forced to wear a burka and get beaten up for leaving the house without my husbands permission.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Foo.mp3)
    You mentioned fronts, in conjunction with a well resourced, relatively well organised, modern terror organisation, so I (implicitly) educated you (in a style matching, and befitting, your own, in the previous post) on the distinction re: the type of warfare such forces tend to engage in e.g. when faced by a more advanced/powerful armed force. You can thank me later (perhaps when you've appreciated the relevancy)
    You think Islamic State is evn remotely comparable Nazi Germany in terms of military capability oh dear.

I have seen on here people talk about you being a pseudo-intellectual-now I have seen it. Only you could really manage to take a simple point (that if the UK managed to see if Nazi Germany they should be ok against ISIS) and argue some absolute nonsense that Germany would never have wanted to invade the UK. I then laughed and you then continue on the psuedo-intellectual path and sprout yet more irrelevant rubbish.

I won't lose any sleep about someone person on a student forum who thinks Germany never would have wanted to invade the UK (despite it being clear to even secondary school pupils everywhere) thinking they have taught me something. I mean you can try and over-complicate by talking absolute rubbish all you like-you don't even know basic history. Germany did try to invade-google will show you that. Talk all the irrelevant rubbish you want-you have tried to dispute clear facts and defend it with psuedo-intellectual irrelevant babble

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by i<3milkshake)
    You think Islamic State is evn remotely comparable Nazi Germany in terms of military capability oh dear
    Perhaps it's escaped you that you were the one who drew the initial implicit comparison between the two forces. Personally I think it ridiculous :dontknow:

I won't lose any sleep about some middle aged person on a student forum
    Adding ageism to your list of follies will do little to advance your 'argument', my friend

Germany did try to invade
    Where and when did they attempt this?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Foo.mp3)
    Perhaps it's escaped you that you were the one who drew the initial implicit comparison between the two forces. Personally I think it ridiculous :dontknow:

No. My point was if a force as strong as Germany, a proper nation and military, couldn't take over the UK I doubt IS will. Again, try and overcomplicate it all you like.

Adding ageism to your list of follies will do little to advance your 'argument', my friend

Where and when did they attempt this?
    To be fair I am talking to a guy who at the age of thirty still doesn't think Germany tried to invade the UK in World War 2. Your "arguement" was completely stupid from the start. I mean look back. You wrote mini essays trying to justify this stupid statement. Ageism? No. Is it sexist to ask why a man would be on a mumsnet forum? (A forum for women)? No. It is only logical to ask why a person in their thirties is using a student forum...
    (especially when they use it to try and argue absolute gold like Germany didn't try and invade the UK and post mini-essays trying to justify it in trye psuedo-intellectual fashion).

ReputationRep:
    Yeah I'd love it if IS took over Britain, then I could have a personal harem consisting of 5000 beautiful women to enjoy whenever I wanted.......................... ...LOL

Seriously I'd hate to living under a bunch of religious fanatics who aren't even consistent in their beliefs and make shiz up as they go along. One of the wonderful things about Britain is you can pretty much do whatever you want within reason and the authorities won't bother you and certainly not stone you to death or put you to the sword.

No place for backwards people in the UK!

ReputationRep:
    why would they want to take over here? I just don't get why extreme muslims would live in this country anyway....they hate western ideals, they hate native British citizens and anyone who isn't a muslim - they have their own homelands way bigger than the UK anyway. I guess with their low IQ & backwards culture they just aren't able to figure these facts out for themselves, I cannot think of any other reason for them to come here

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by i<3milkshake)
    It is only logical to ask why a person in their thirties is using a student forum
    I don't remember you asking me, not that you have a right to quiz anyone on why they use this website - in fact it's rather inappropriate and yes, again, ageist (there are such things as mature students, sunshine) :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    I don't think anyone would stay.

ReputationRep:
    Definitely not

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The_Mighty_Bush)
    Especially when you consider that if it happened it would be the fault of people like him

Poll
Could you cope without Wifi?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.