x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TrayTrayDinh)
    As far as Im I aware yes and then 200 based on PS
    what makes you think that?

ReputationRep:
    That's what people have told me
    and how do these people know? other people told them?

ReputationRep:
    I don't know for 100% fact. But I hope it is
    But they said they found the information under the Freedom of Information Act
    :lol: thats bs

freedom of info act can give info about the admission stats of the uni. however it will not give details about the selection process or interview criteria as it would give an unfair advantage to students applying with that info.

i phone pretty much every university before applying. Leeds said that they will first monitor every candidate's academics making sure that they meet the minimum requirement. if not they get rejected.

then they look at your personal statement. they will rank it from 1-9 (with 9 being the worst and 1 the best). usually, people with the best get interviews.

when it comes to deciding between two candidates with very similar profiles, then they would use the bmat to decide.

ReputationRep:
    example of freedom of information act of admission dentistry leeds (year 2013)

1) How many of the students admitted were studying A Levels? 70 admitted * 119 UCAS offers (UK/EU)
    2) How many of the students admitted were international? 14 admitted ** 5 UCAS offers (International)
    3) How many graduate students applied for the 5 year course? 178 applied 7 UCAS offers (UK/EU)

ReputationRep:
    Guys do you know any thread on medicine for Leeds University on here?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Darkangel1979)
    Guys do you know any thread on medicine for Leeds University on here?
    Search Leeds a100 applicants 2016

ReputationRep:
    This time last year, hadn't interviews already been given out?! I'm so impatient

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dentistry101)
    This time last year, hadn't interviews already been given out?! I'm so impatient
    Thats because the interviews were in december last year, this year theyre in february so will be handed out like mid/end of jan , dont worry x

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rakib567)
    let's get things right.

leeds don't have a cut off for bmat
    leeds won't give 100% of the top 50 beat scores interviews. for example, if one of the top 50 bmat scores has not achieved the adequate academic requirement or has a low ranked personal statement, then they will get rejected (regardless of their high beat score)
    yeah thats what i meant.... the top 50 BMAT scorers who are not in the top 200 for the academic/Personal statement ranking 100% get an interview based on there bmat score as long as they meet the minimum academic requirement

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rakib567)
    and how do these people know? other people told them?
    I emailed The university of Leeds and they said this to me as well around 250 interviews are given out; 200 based on academia and 50 based on the BMAT scores.
    They will send out interview invitations around mid- January

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Agent R5)
    I emailed The university of Leeds and they said this to me as well around 250 interviews are given out; 200 based on academia and 50 based on the BMAT scores.
    Ah well... Then i hope to be one of those 200 ( cause my bmat score is ****)

ReputationRep:
    This is for dentistry guys, right???
    I'm so, so frustrated I can't get hold of any Medicine thread...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Darkangel1979)
    This is for dentistry guys, right???
    I'm so, so frustrated I can't get hold of any Medicine thread...
    Yeah this thread is for dentistry lol
    try http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show....php?t=3402789 for the medicine version of this thread

ReputationRep:
    Everyone got the email from Leeds? Interviews will be given out from the 4th January onwards

ReputationRep:
    I didnt get the email, even checked my junk folder?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by skittles100)
    I didnt get the email, even checked my junk folder?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    It was nothing anyways, just a winter newsletter lol
    It did say that interviews will be given out in the first week of January though

ReputationRep:
    It was nothing anyways, just a winter newsletter lol
    It did say that interviews will be given out in the first week of January though
    Ohh okay lol its getting closer

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    leeds start giving out their interviews next week! who else is excited!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cilla_e)
    leeds start giving out their interviews next week! who else is excited!
    Excited but also feel sick with nerves 😭😊

ReputationRep:
    hope they don't look at my horrible bmat score!

do u guys know what time frame is their interviews held at?

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: August 18, 2016
Poll
Are you going to a festival?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.