Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Thoughts on open relationships? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    I don't see the point of those two people being in a relationship, in the first place. Don't give me that it saves the relationship bull****.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    [QUOTE=elliemayxo;59989523]

i dont agree with open relationships, as if you still want to talk to multiple boys, you're not ready for a stable relationship. im only 16, and someone im talking to wants to make it official. i know i dont want to stop talking to all the boys i talk to (about 6, lol im a ****), so im not going to be in a relationship with him. its extremely childish to try and commit yourself when you're not going to be faithful to him/her.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Most Competitive)
    It's your word against mine. We'll have to agree to disagree on this.
    My word? No, I think the fact that marriage was invented and still seen as a good thing/people always striving to be in a relationship says it all.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jimbo1234)
    My word? No, I think the fact that marriage was invented and still seen as a good thing/people always striving to be in a relationship says it all.
    My point is that not everyone is like that.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Awesome Genius)
    Is that really you in your avatar?
    Yes

ReputationRep:
    depends - I'm the kind of guy who gets pretty attached to somebody via sex so although it wouldn't work for me, it might work for somebody who isn't like this

ReputationRep:
    if you love someone you'll get attached by sex, that's how it should be, you should only have sex with someone you love, whats a "relationship" without love, love is only between a couple not like 5 random people its just a jumble

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by elliemayxo)
    Yes
    Nice I'd say you're a solid 7.5
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Nice I'd say you're a solid 7.5
    she is a 10 at least

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CoolCavy)
    she is a 10 at least
    Guinea pigs aren't allowed to give ratings
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Guinea pigs aren't allowed to give ratings
    that is disguinea-ation

(Original post by CoolCavy)
    that is disguinea-ation
    PRSOM. :rofl:
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    (Original post by Hydeman)
    PRSOM. :rofl:
    hehe thanks to answer you previous question i forgot about me and my piggies relationship
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Welcome Squad
    Good God this thread is embarrassing :lol:

If someone is an adult, they can make their own choices about their lives, including their sexy bits. It's really none of my business as long as no one is getting hurt (who doesn't want to be hurt).

If it doesn't affect my life, I really don't care.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by elliemayxo)
    ^ as the above states

Posted from TSR Mobile
    It is naive, selfish, cuckoldry and unstable. The message of Brave New World is that people must have no commitment to anyone but themself and their own pleasures. Women bond through sex, so what you're doing by endorsing this behaviour is damaging women by making them partly schizo, and hurting the bonds between the sexes secondly. You are removing the spiritual eternal connection we feel with a loved one and replacing it with carnal lust and instant gratification. Now by all means, sleep around as much as you like, but don't try to have your cake and eat it. It is pure degeneracy and will not end well for you or you friend with benefits.

That you are comfortable with an open relationship (which means you aren't actually inside a relationship, you just whore yourself to friends) means you are not ready to have a family. Maybe never.

ReputationRep:
    Like someone else previously said, I also believe that most people are only interested in open relationships so they can sleep around, without the guilt of cheating. Of course, each to their own but I couldn't do it personally.

ReputationRep:
    Good for some people but not for me

ReputationRep:
    Think they're fantastic. It's the perfect scenario for a man. You get all the sex you need without any need to commit. Minimises headache associated with girls complaining about their partners cheating on them.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Thickfreakness)
    Think they're fantastic. It's the perfect scenario for a man. You get all the sex you need without any need to commit. Minimises headache associated with girls complaining about their partners cheating on them.
    But can you call that a relationship? The reason we demanded exclusivity between partners in the past is so that any offspring the woman has, there will be paternal certainty and the father will know he is the father. A man who is compliant and allows his girlfriend/wife to sleep around is a cuckold. We are breaking down thousands of years of evolution by encouraging this behaviour.

ReputationRep:
    Who in their right minds would want that? Honestly, what's the point of being together? -___- It's disgusting.

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.