Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Are there any Muslim converts on here preferably from a judea-christian background? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Masih ad-Dajjal)
    He is someone you know?

:confused: :confused: :confused:
    Yeah. They have posted under other usernames such as feanor and Hannibal Barca, and have a habit of regularly getting banned. But a new incarnation always appears regurgitating the same comments made towards me.

(Original post by gisco)
    well i cant exactly reply to you on perm banned account can i :facepalm:
    ur sense of humour sucks...

homophobic interpretations? dude im just point out ur lies.

and erm for like 10th time. i replied on your thread. u ignored my big popular post - im sure u remember the reps on it - and then resorted to ad hominem on another smaller post. so dont act liek some tough big man who cant be refuted. :lol:
    But you signed up specifically to respond to me, which is what I find humorous. You keep going on and on about same thing, but you still haven't written a proper reply to my thread.

Firstly, you didn't reply properly. You were clearly trolling. Reply in proper English, and I will respond. Secondly, your post has been deleted and I have no idea what it said. So please post your refutation for all to see. I am open to debate and welcome any refutations, hence why I always post my views on debate threads where they are open to attack.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The Epicurean)
    Yeah. They have posted under other usernames such as feanor and Hannibal Barca, and have a habit of regularly getting banned. But a new incarnation always appears regurgitating the same comments made towards me.

How do you know it's the same guy?

It's not important, just wondered

ReputationRep:
    and now you're listening to lowkey and asking about the Rothschilds

Mashallah
    I'm not a muslim btw lool

ReputationRep:
    driftaway you have some issues , Lel.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MrKmas508)
    How many,who,why are you one of them?
    Most of my mums side family and no I ain't a Muslim :P

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PrincessZara)
    I'm not a muslim btw lool
    Me neither and I listen to lowkey

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by driftawaay)
    How do you know that what the Quran says is true, were you there at that specific time and did Allah knock on your door last night and confirm all of it to you?

Why do so many people respect him? Well, Islam is a pedophile enabler religion, as evidenced by the fact that Muslims worship an imaginary pedophile.
    Err because the quran hasnt been changed since it was revelaed and it hasnt got any innacuracies in it. People have converted to islam after failing to dissprove it

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by iAre Teh Lejend)
    I kindly request that this not become a thread debating anything. There are other threads for that.

Mods pls do something.
    The thread is clearly asking for Muslim converts from a Judea-Christian background--so they can talk. Not your time to pick on Islam.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by samina_ay)
    The thread is clearly asking for Muslim converts from a Judea-Christian background--so they can talk. Not your time to pick on Islam.
    I did not pick on anyone/anything?

ReputationRep:
    How do you know it's the same guy?

It's not important, just wondered
    When they type, they always intentionally write words like "u" and "liek", they refer to me as "epi" and they continue to quote me and post incessantly about one post made in a thread of mine which I didn't respond to because the whole post consisted of "uno im nt gnne tipe prply bcz ur nt wrf teh thyme..."

I also find it amusing that this member has no problem with people speaking profanely about their God or prophet. But the greatest issue they perceive on TSR are my posts where I defend Islam against attacks of homophobia and say that there is room for tolerance of LGBT people in Islam.

ReputationRep:
    I did not pick on anyone/anything?
    I'm agreeing with your point, sorry should have made that clear

ReputationRep:
    if you carry on with this attention diverting charade, i will report you.

But you signed up specifically to respond to me, which is what I find humorous.
    i have quoted atleast 5 people on this account. unless you are those 5 people. your point is void.

]You keep going on and on about same thing,
    as do you. im not exactly sure what your point is here

but you still haven't written a proper reply to my thread.
    we both know thats not true.

Firstly, you didn't reply properly.
    goodness, even typing 4 or more paragraphs isnt a proper reply anymore :confused:

You were clearly trolling. Reply in proper English, and I will respond.
    when you cant beat the argument, seek to destroy the person so that his words mean little to others.

im sorry but i got near 6 reps on that post. your op had like 1. 6 other users didnt think i was trolling. they had no problem reading the english.

but you did respond epi. you ignored the big post and went for a another minor one. its amazing how your reading ability considerably improved to reply to the other post. highly convenient.

Secondly, your post has been deleted and I have no idea what it said.
    but i thought you had no idea what it said anyway coz of my english :rolleyes:

now you have no idea because its deleted. your excuses keep changing

I am open to debate and welcome any refutations,
    you certainly didnt welcome mine.

what was it? you did ad hominem and then demand i retype? very welcoming.

so much for "welcome any refutations"

hence why I always post my views on debate threads where they are open to attack.
    yes bold words. it means little when you ignore the attacks because youve been outdone.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anno3742)
    Err because the quran hasnt been changed since it was revelaed and it hasnt got any innacuracies in it. People have converted to islam after failing to dissprove it
    Excepts it's not perfect, it's riddled with mistakes. If it were a women it would have full blown AIDS. Here's a link to a slightly biased website but every word is true. http://wikiislam.net/wiki/Scientific...s_in_the_Quran . When it comes down to it you are already aware of the Qurans mistakes but you choose to remain ignorant by not accepting them, and in today's world that is simply inexcusable.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hilrho)
    I'd really like to get to know Islamophiles, Muslim Converts or those that are genuinely interested in Islam (i.e not to disapprove it or look down upon it but want to know more about it/knows a lot about it and sees it to be quiet beautiful).

It would be preferred if you're from a judeo-christian background but anyone's welcome to comment as long as you would like to talk about the Quran in a respectful manner rather than call the prophet a pedophile etc.
    It's reverts okay don't be so rude and frankly your way with words seems like you are looking down so...

Ah, I see. Fair enough.Every convert is going to be different though. You are always going to find some differences and your own journey is going to be unique to youThis is just a quick varied list I complied and is by no means exhaustive.A Quiet Revolution: The Veil's Resurgence, from the Middle East to America - Leila AhmedProgressive Muslims: On Justice, Gender, and Pluralism - Omid SafiSexual Ethics And Islam: Feminist Reflections on Qur'an, Hadith, and Jurisprudence - Kecia AliQur'an and Woman: Rereading the Sacred Text from a Woman's Perspective - Amina Wadud"Believing Women" in Islam: Unreading Patriarchal Interpretations of the Qur'an - Asma BarlasBefore Homosexuality in the Arab-Islamic World, 1500-1800 - Khaled El-RouayhebLiving Out Islam: Voices of Gay, Lesbian, and Transgender Muslims - Scott Siraj Al-Haqq KugleHomosexuality in Islam: Critical Reflection on Gay, Lesbian, and Transgender Muslims - Scott Siraj Al-Haqq KugleWomen Shaping Islam: Reading the Qu'ran in Indonesia - Pieternella van Doorn-HarderParadise Beneath Her Feet: How Women Are Transforming the Middle East - Isobel ColemanHow to Win a Cosmic War: God, Globalization, and the End of the War on Terror - Reza AslanThe Great Theft: Wrestling Islam from the Extremists - Khaled Abou El FadlIslamic Pacifism: Global Muslims in the Post-Osama Era - Arsalan IftikharThe Second Message of Islam - Mahmud Muhammad TahaThe Place of Tolerance in Islam - Khaled Abou El FadlInside The Gender Jihad: Women's Reform in Islam - Amina WadudBeyond the Veil: Male-Female Dynamics in Modern Muslim Society - Fatema MernissiThe Future of Islam - John L. EspositoNo god but God: The Origins, Evolution and Future of Islam - Reza AslanToward an Islamic Reformation: Civil Liberties, Human Rights, and International Law - Abdullahi Ahmed An-Na'imIslam and the Secular State: Negotiating the Future of Shari'a - Abdullahi Ahmed An-Na'imStanding Alone in Mecca: An American Woman's Struggle for the Soul of Islam - Asra NomaniThe Muslim next door : the Qurʼan, the media, and that veil thing - Sumbul Ali-KaramaliWomen and Gender in Islam: Historical Roots of a Modern Debate - Leila AhmedThe Trouble With Islam Today: A Muslim's Call for Reform in Her Faith - Irshad ManjiI Speak for Myself: American Women on Being Muslim - Maria M. EbrahimjiThe Politics of the Veil - Joan Wallach ScottLiberal Islam: A Sourcebook - Charles KurzmanHalal Monk: A Christian on a Journey through Islam - Jonas Yunus AtlasI am merely interested in religion, but not religious myself.
    That's so many books! But I'll give them a look after my exams - should help me for Oriental Studies at uni. Thanks!

So me and you are somewhat alike in the sense that I was brought up irreligious and Im not religious (as I don't conform to any religions yet even though I do like Islam especially) but at the same time interested in religion in general - see I wanted to speak to people like that, those who I can connect with as my friends aren't interested much but look at what people turned this thread into. I was clear on why this thread was made and I wasn't looking for a discussion.

Yeah was really good to be back ! Yes he was and I did take him to the garden ahaha.. but he was sad to notice that there are no apples left on the apple tree :/ He's only 2, i love little kids too ahaha. That's so cool, I treat kids in the clinic sometimes!I'm sure you'll manage, you're really bright. I know how you must feel though, self teaching can be a bit overwhelming at times, but you shouldn't doubt yourself, you'll get those A grades!Of course, It'll be interesting. So what initially interested you in oriental studies?
    Awww just 2 years old? He must be tiny! Is he a chubby kid? Must be adorabless either way!I hope you're right but it can get so stressful towards my exams. I think thats what pushed me to create this thread as well as I was getting so overwhelmed and just wanted to get to know people I can connect to and just I don't know speak like friends would but honestly look at what they turned this thread to and it's just stressing me out the amount of energy it takes to debate and I seriously want to stop getting notifications from this thread.Well I'm interested in economics, politics and philosophy as well.

And I am mainly interested in Islamic Studies part of Oriental Studies as I find there to be so much misrepresentation of the Culture and tradition where as it really is interesting. I especially like to see how Classical Islam was actually quite liberal and progressive however it has changed in practice so much amongst majority of the muslims. Maybe others might interpret it completely differently to me but I do think the Islamic faith needs a revival in the sense that people need to stop being so materialistic and go back to the true teachings of the Prophet - e.g I feel wanting Shariah for UK or an islamic state is a rather materialistic thing and if you stay within the islamic theology is an example of one of the ways the devil deceives you making you think what you're doing is islamic but really it's "satans honey trap". Because I think in islamic theology you've got two eyes - the right to see through a spiritual mean and the left for this world and because islam calls for balance in life you must utilise both your eyes (Im speaking in a very spiritual sense here so do keep that in mind) and so when for example people think about wanting a islamic state or whatever it is them only seeing with their left eyes and therefore them adhering to a description and way of the dajjal rather than that of the prophet so I find things like that very interesting. So yeah I feel as though all that is important to understand some of the most critical issues in the world which is often associated (wrongly so) with islam and this is where my interest in politics and hence philosophy and economics comes into play as well so Yeah thats why. I do think because my moms a diplomat and because I've been brought up around the world with people from different cultures and creed it's made me more of a curious being and I tend to see a side of other things that isn't limited to the typical western view if that makes sense. If anything I don't even consider myself European or British or anything like that - but more like a global citizen who has a duty towards humanity as a whole. I would really like to learn more about from reading Orietntal studies as well as PPE and utilise it to bring about a wider acceptance and change into the world. I have to say though I'm thankful to my mother for the way I am today - she herself is an Atheist but her mom is Jewish and her dad is christian but she never forced me to think it's stupid to believe in a god: I was taught about the abrahamic faiths including bahai (infact did a project on Bahai faith back in the 8th grade and think it's wonderful) I was taught about the abrahamic faith and I was never told to believe no one created the universe or that someone had in fact created it - I was raised to be accepting and rather open minded to all ideas which is why I have been an agnost for so long but its oly in the past that I've started to realise I do believe in a higher power. Now because I find Islam extra interesting I don't know if it's Allah although I do like how the islamic God is but then again I might just end up being someone who believes in a higher power not necessarily any organised religion but at the same time also have a deep liking for Islam.

(Original post by MrKmas508)
    I've got a better religion for you... http://www.bahai.org.uk
    Hey that's okay, I already have a friend who's a Bahai and I do like it a lot, I know a lot about it too

(Original post by driftawaay)
    You're still a child to think that some fairy created the world and is watching you from above. That is an immature view. And I am not trying to 'help' her in any way.
    It's childish of you to insult someone for their views. If you don't agree to it thats one thing but discriminating them and insulting them as being childish for adhering to a belief you don't adhere to is not only childish but discriminatory and it's a problem, a big problem - and I'm sorry to break it to you but it makes you just as bad as those ISIS terrorists executing people for having a belief thats different to their version of Islam, there is nothing different between you two then. And OH if you're not trying to help me then maybe you should get the F U C K out of my thread, I didn't call for a debate.

(Original post by RobML)
    Why doesn't being a theist without partaking in organised religion appeal to you?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Well I don't have a problem with that however at the same time it seems as though most of my views, without being a muslim in any sense of the world, is similar to those in Islam. So I wanted to speak to muslim converts from a similar background to mine to see if I'm someone who simply likes Islam and happens to agree with it a lot or if they went through a similar process and deep down I might actually believe in Islam itself.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sadly)
    It's reverts okay don't be so rude and frankly your way with words seems like you are looking down so...
    It's convert, Islam was created by Mohammed. It did not exist before in any shape or form.

ReputationRep:
    Well I don't have a problem with that however at the same time it seems as though most of my views, without being a muslim in any sense of the world, is similar to those in Islam. So I wanted to speak to muslim converts from a similar background to mine to see if I'm someone who simply likes Islam and happens to agree with it a lot or if they went through a similar process and deep down I might actually believe in Islam itself.
    What views are those? Also would you wear a hijab if you converted.

ReputationRep:

It's childish of you to insult someone for their views. If you don't agree to it thats one thing but discriminating them and insulting them as being childish for adhering to a belief you don't adhere to is not only childish but discriminatory and it's a problem, a big problem - and I'm sorry to break it to you but it makes you just as bad as those ISIS terrorists executing people for having a belief thats different to their version of Islam, there is nothing different between you two then. And OH if you're not trying to help me then maybe you should get the F U C K out of my thread, I didn't call for a debate.
    Maybe you should tell your little friend that. She was the one who started calling me 'immature' and 'childish'.

ReputationRep:
    My grandmother from my mother's side is Jewish and my grandfather is Christian. My mom is an atheist though and as far as I know so was my dad. I wasn't indoctrinated but I have grown up around the world as my moms a diplomat and my friends are of so many different faiths so I know about a lot of religions and it seems as though I'm more interested in the Abrahamic religions than the Dharmic ones. I have met the Dalai Lama (although we haven't spoken lol as it was at a special event but I have spoken to others, I've spoken to Rabbis as well as the Minister at the churches and one of my closest friend is an Orthodox Ethiopian Christian. I've also had the chance to meet linguistic scholars of the Quran and one from Islamic Centre at Oxford and my best friend is a muslim hijabi (although we differ on interpretations in Islam). The reason I like Islam is because I feel as though Old Testament and Quran inherently preach a lot of the same things and I feel as though I'm not losing anything if I become a muslim whereas if I become jewish I can't believe in 2 less prophets and if I become Christian I can't believe in 1 less prophet. To be honest I never really was an atheist like my mother but I never believed in religion in particular either (although I did like the celebrations and everything). I was always an agnost but recently it just seems as though it's preposterous to think that there isn't a higher power - god, superman, whatever but something greater than all of us, greater than the forces of the universe and the laws of physics and everything. And I find as though my personal views are quite in sync with those of Islam. However at the same time I'm not sure I could call myself religious still as I am an Islamophile (I like the culture and everything) but I don't know if I am religious or not. And so I haven't converted.

Hey Epicurean, yes I remember you from a thread I made a while ago. I don't know what to call my interpretation of it - that's why I can't just speak to born muslims because I don't believe in everything they do whether it's Shia or Sunni, I don't even believe in sects and hence don't see someone as shia, sunni or sufi or anything really.

I still haven't converted, but I know that my views of things changed you know? So I was hoping to talk to converts and see if I'm in the process of becoming religious from agnost to muslim or if I'm just someone who happens to like the islamic culture. I also just wanted people to connect to with similar views to mine as I feel quite lonely.

But yes I would love to read those books if you'd give me the list

EDIT: You seem to be quite knowledgeable of Islam and tolerant, are you a convert yourself?
    Inshallah you'll know when the time is right for you to convert and if you genuinely want to convert to islam then I'm happy for you.

I know what you mean,I could never imagine myself not believing in God, Christ makes my life worth living! No regrets

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: December 12, 2015
Poll
Do I go to The Streets tomorrow night?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.