Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Racoon)
    That's some dedication.

Are you open to God?
    I don't go to church voluntarily... It's part of my school timetable.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by queen-bee)
    I thought you were the church going type
    He's a Prod so he's not obligated to attend 'services' where the priest gives a 'sermon'.

Whereas I, as a good Catholic lad, I make the trek to the local Cathedral to go to Mass every Sunday no matter the occasion, and depending on the priest we might get a decent homily - or at least, a mercifully short one.

ReputationRep:
    Like on weekends and especially Christmas and on Easter or any other Christian celebration/holiday? If so do you go to a particular church?

I've been slacking but would love to go on a regular basis myself.
    Not since being kicked out - lets start our own Hip Hop church?

ReputationRep:
    Na g ive never been to church.

ReputationRep:
    I would not step foot into a church

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by quentinhamilton)
    I don't go to church voluntarily... It's part of my school timetable.

Ohh you poor thing lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DMcGovern)
    He's a Prod so he's not obligated to attend 'services' where the priest gives a 'sermon'.

Whereas I, as a good Catholic lad, I make the trek to the local Cathedral to go to Mass every Sunday no matter the occasion, and depending on the priest we might get a decent homily - or at least, a mercifully short one.
    Tell me more about Catholicism please? Why is so much emphasis placed on Mary?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gears265)
    Don't know what you are missing....

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Skeptique)
    Not since being kicked out - lets start our own Hip Hop church?
    I don't think God would be happy about that!

ReputationRep:
    Hi, yeah I go, nearly manage to make it every Sunday. Its so important to go and get 'fed' with God's word.

I only go to churches where the preaching is strong so you get totally filled and topped up ready for the week. I don't care if its a cathedral or a warehouse, its the people that matter to me .

I love a good band too and worship songs like this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s3P2yxXs3No

Love it!

Of course the bible tells us to go so that we remain encouraged

Hebrews 10:25 - Let us not give up meeting together, as some are in the habit of doing, but let us encourage one another--and all the more as you see the Day approaching.

Colossians 3 v 16 - Let the word of Christ dwell in you richly as you teach and admonish one another with all wisdom, and as you sing psalms, hymns and spiritual songs with gratitude in your hearts to God.

Romans 10 v 17 - Consequently, faith comes from hearing the message, and the message is heard through the word of Christ.
    I feel so encouraged to go!

ReputationRep:
    Not many people who identify themselves as Christians still visit Church. 4 of the churches have been converted into flats near me. Great architecture but cost a mint to buy.

ReputationRep:
    I've never met a "real" Christian in my life mind you. I'm sure it goes against human nature.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gears265)
    Why ever not?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bill_Gates)
    I've never met a "real" Christian in my life mind you. I'm sure it goes against human nature.
    That's a shame bill,I would love to take you to a Coptic church one day,just let me try it out first

ReputationRep:
    I feel so encouraged to go!

Great.

It might take a few try's to find one that you love but you will eventually. It's horses for courses really. Some like quiet reflective services but I love a band and all that goes with that style of church. I think to get the most out of it you have to get involved and go regularly so that people get to know you and then you feel like you belong.

ReputationRep:
    Great.

It might take a few try's to find one that you love but you will eventually. It's horses for courses really. Some like quiet reflective services but I love a band and all that goes with that style of church. I think to get the most out of it you have to get involved and go regularly so that people get to know you and then you feel like you belong.
    I really do want to start going regularly! I miss it so much!
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    Tell me more about Catholicism please? Why is so much emphasis placed on Mary?
    Is there? Not that I know of. She gave birth to Christ, therefore I believe she's earnt it. She's a perfect example of a believer - she was asked by God to have His kid for her and didn't tell him to piss off.

Pretty good.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DMcGovern)
    Is there? Not that I know of. She gave birth to Christ, therefore I believe she's earnt it. She's a perfect example of a believer - she was asked by God to have His kid for her and didn't tell him to piss off.

Pretty good.
    I admire Mary so much. She went through so many hardships and get didn't lose her faith in God. And she gave birth to the most wonderful teacher for all mankind

ReputationRep:
    That's a shame bill,I would love to take you to a Coptic church one day,just let me try it out first
    Cute. How do you feel about Western governments who align themselves to "Christian values" but unleash such perils on the world btw? I think that's another reason people are not going Church or aligning themselves to those values.

ReputationRep:
    Every week...

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: April 20, 2017
Poll
Are you going to a festival?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.