Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Why are we giving social housing to immigrants from Poland, Bulgaria, Croatia etc? watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by chantalc)
    1. Are you serious? The government hasn't made affordable houses for the majority of the UK: houses are too expensive to buy/rent, home ownership is down yet we have more than enough room to build these houses. (10% of England's land is developed). This isn't to do with the population, its due to the lack of housing.

2. How does it? I am making a point and your trying to make me come up with facts that I don't agree with.
    1) If you increase the demand for housing (through population increase) what happens to house prices?

2) I asked you to name a benefit the UK receives from the UK, to offset the fact we are house 10,000 Eastern Europeans per year! You were the one that said to receive we have to give. So what do we receive?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by billydisco)
    You have just admitted the idea behind the EU is to steal money from the UK and redistribute it to Eastern Europe! Redistributing British money to make Britain poorer and Eastern EU countries wealthier?
    Maybe if Britain and the Allies didn't sell out Eastern Europe to the Russians after WWII, this wouldn't be even a problem in the first place. Everyone would be pretty much equal economically. This isn't technically fair, but... as they say, karma is a b**ch.

Also, what is it about Eastern Europeans that everybody has a go at them? Nobody throws a fit if you donate to charity for poorer countries, but as soon as it's Eastern Europe, it's automatically wasted money? What kind of logic is that?

ReputationRep:
    The EU budget isn't some mythical money tree, the money comes from member countries. So if other countries are receiving more money than us- its our money they're receiving! You have just admitted the idea behind the EU is to steal money from the UK and redistribute it to Eastern Europe!
    yeah I did, because thats the whole idea of the EU? We also receive more trade from the EU than Eastern European countries but are you crying about that?

Redistributing British money to make Britain poorer and Eastern EU countries wealthier?
    How much we give is nothing compared to our GDP as I have said before, as we have more money than these countries, we can afford to give more.

ReputationRep:
    1) If you increase the demand for housing (through population increase) what happens to house prices?

2) I asked you to name a benefit the UK receives from the UK, to offset the fact we are house 10,000 Eastern Europeans per year! You were the one that said to receive we have to give. So what do we receive?
    1. If you increase the amount of homes built, what happens to house prices? Population shouldn't be an issue and the Government should be able to deal with something that is going obviously happen (population increase)

2. As i have said before, look at my previous post in which I told you the benefits we receive.

ReputationRep:
    All the housing problems started with the Tories selling off hundreds of thousands of council houses in the 1980s and 90s and not building new ones.

A lot of ex council houses are now being rented out by private landlords costing the taxpayer billions in housing benefit.

Tory supporters are stupid if they complain about lack of housing because its their fault

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Maker)
    All the housing problems started with the Tories selling off hundreds of thousands of council houses in the 1980s and 90s and not building new ones.

A lot of ex council houses are now being rented out by private landlords costing the taxpayer billions in housing benefit.

Tory supporters are stupid if they complain about lack of housing because its their fault
    exactly!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Maker)

However Labour failed to fix it from 1997 to 2010 can they complain either?

ReputationRep:
    it's terrible tbh. I know someone who's going to be living in a domestic abuse refuge for 2 years because thats how long the waiting lists are. Because she's lower priority than the economic immigrants.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by United1892)
    However Labour failed to fix it from 1997 to 2010 can they complain either?
    My rabbit can make a better refute than that, pathetic.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Maker)
    My rabbit can make a better refute than that, pathetic.
    Not really. Labour could've fixed it we failed.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ChickenMadness)
    it's terrible tbh. I know someone who's going to be living in a domestic abuse refuge for 2 years because thats how long the waiting lists are. Because she's lower priority than the economic immigrants.
    Interesting as I know someone in an identical situation who was rehoused almost immediately
    As my brother's girlfriend has worked all her career in social housing , she hears this crap all the time. No non uk resident/national gets priority over a similar uk citizen .

ReputationRep:
    yeah I did, because thats the whole idea of the EU?
    You are admitting the point of the EU is to redirect wealth from the UK to Eastern Europe?

We also receive more trade from the EU than Eastern European countries but are you crying about that?
    Those countries are free to trade, if they decide not to, thats their wish.

How much we give is nothing compared to our GDP as I have said before, as we have more money than these countries, we can afford to give more.
    We? Says the girl who hasn't even ****ing started her A Levels yet, let alone worked full time and paid taxes:

I have applied to do both psychology and law as well as history and English. Psychology requires a good grade in both biology and maths which you could bear in mind.
    So don't go around volunteering my taxes go to Eastern Europe when its hardly any of your money going there!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by United1892)
    Not really. Labour could've fixed it we failed.
    No "if" about it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by domonict)
    Interesting as I know someone in an identical situation who was rehoused almost immediately
    As my brother's girlfriend has worked all her career in social housing , she hears this crap all the time. No non uk resident/national gets priority over a similar uk citizen .
    Well thats just how it is. If you can give her a house now and prove me wrong that would be amazing. She deserves it.

ReputationRep:
    1. If you increase the amount of homes built, what happens to house prices? Population shouldn't be an issue and the Government should be able to deal with something that is going obviously happen (population increase)

2. As i have said before, look at my previous post in which I told you the benefits we receive.
    1. The last time I checked land is finite.

You say population increase is inevitable- Germany would disagree with you.

2. No you didnt and then you bottled it and admitted if you answer you will contradict yourself. Have some decency and admit you are wrong.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Maker)

There was no housing shortage in the 90s, so how can it be because of supply-side in the 80s????

The answer is simple- the demand for housing has increased due to immigration. Since 1997 we have received about 3.2 million immigrants, you think they havent increased the demand for housing?!?!?!

ReputationRep:
    You are admitting the point of the EU is to redirect wealth from the UK to Eastern Europe?

Those countries are free to trade, if they decide not to, thats their wish.

We? Says the girl who hasn't even ****ing started her A Levels yet, let alone worked full time and paid taxes:
    wtf loooool how far ago did you get that reply? Ive started my AS. And shame on you for having such **** opinions when you're obviously older than me and therefore should appreciate the EU as I don't work.

I said the point of the EU was to create an equal state

ReputationRep:
    1. The last time I checked land is finite.

You say population increase is inevitable- Germany would disagree with you.

2. No you didnt and then you bottled it and admitted if you answer you will contradict yourself. Have some decency and admit you are wrong.
    1.Thats true, Germany has an ageing population, but we're not at that stage yet.

2. Not really? what you were trying to make me say contradicts my point of view so why would I make up something I don't agree with?

ReputationRep:
    wtf loooool how far ago did you get that reply? Ive started my AS. And shame on you for having such **** opinions when you're obviously older than me and therefore should appreciate the EU as I don't work.

I said the point of the EU was to create an equal state
    Why the **** would any person in the UK want their country made poorer to make Eastern Europe wealthier?

ReputationRep:
    There was no housing shortage in the 90s, so how can it be because of supply-side in the 80s????

The answer is simple- the demand for housing has increased due to immigration. Since 1997 we have received about 3.2 million immigrants, you think they havent increased the demand for housing?!?!?!
    How many of the 3.2 million migrants got social housing?

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.