University of Essex
University of Essex
Colchester
Visit website

University of Essex Applicants 2016

Scroll to see replies

Reply 80
Original post by kh1122
Hey! Just wondering, have you heard anything back from them yet? I applied last week and got the confirmation/acknowledgement email today! I'm excited, have you applied anywhere else? :smile:

Hi, no nothing yet but did receive an email wishing merry Christmas and to say there still working during holidays and the new year will bring news so hey ho hopefully very soon :smile: and no nowhere else yet hoping to apply to kings when application opens in January. How about you?

Posted from TSR Mobile
University of Essex
University of Essex
Colchester
Visit website
Reply 81
[QUOTE="amib19;61465681"]
Original post by kh1122
Hey! Just wondering, have you heard anything back from them yet? I applied last week and got the confirmation/acknowledgement email today! I'm excited, have you applied anywhere else? :smile:

Hi, no nothing yet but did receive an email wishing merry Christmas and to say there still working during holidays and the new year will bring news so hey ho hopefully very soon :smile: and no nowhere else yet hoping to apply to kings when application opens in January. How about you?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah I got that too, hopefully the new year will bring us both good news! Good luck :smile:! Are you from around London, I'm hoping to apply kings too. Also applied to Cardiff, Queen Mary and Portsmouth! I'd just be happy to get in anywhere tbh. Where's your first choice?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 82
[QUOTE="kh1122;61482417"]
Original post by amib19

Yeah I got that too, hopefully the new year will bring us both good news! Good luck :smile:! Are you from around London, I'm hoping to apply kings too. Also applied to Cardiff, Queen Mary and Portsmouth! I'd just be happy to get in anywhere tbh. Where's your first choice?

I am from london and unfortunately can't travel to far out as have a family,I am a dental nurse applying, how about you? So for me its just Essex for the time being and if not applying for Kings as well :smile: lets hope it really is a happy new year lol

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 83
[QUOTE="amib19;61484699"]
Original post by kh1122

Ah that's good though, the uni's like people with life exp etc so I'm sure you'll do great! I'm a dental nurse applying too and am doing an access course. Is this your first time applying? :smile: haha yeah all we can do is hope!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hi,
I've applied to do English Lit here and have received an interview offer for the end of this month. Is anyone else attending and do you know what our discussion will be on?

Ellie :smile:
Original post by elliedoodle
Hi,
I've applied to do English Lit here and have received an interview offer for the end of this month. Is anyone else attending and do you know what our discussion will be on?

Ellie :smile:

Hi I have also applied for Literature and have an interview on the 27th, I have no idea what to expect! It seems stupid but do we bring parents?
Original post by Jessicasaunders
Hi I'm applying for BSc Psychology with predicted BCD, I've put it as my first option because i really want to go here, but i was wondering how lenient they are with entry requirements?:smile:

I got in with CCC and know people on Bsc Psychology that got in with CDD, so don't worry!
Original post by 2cool4scool
Hi I have also applied for Literature and have an interview on the 27th, I have no idea what to expect! It seems stupid but do we bring parents?

Hi, yes parents usually attend but it's up to the student :smile: I brang my mum for my biomed interview and during the interview time the parents went off and had a tour of the department. However not all students brought parents but I'd say most did. Hope that helps
Original post by shannon.rose
Hi, yes parents usually attend but it's up to the student :smile: I brang my mum for my biomed interview and during the interview time the parents went off and had a tour of the department. However not all students brought parents but I'd say most did. Hope that helps

Thanks! I know it's dumb but it's just been worrying me a bit, if I turned up with my parents and nobody else did I'd seem like a child, you know? Anyway, thank you! xx
Name: Lea
Course: Media, Culture, Society
A Levels: - European Baccalaureate: Abitur (equivalent to IB) -
Abitur subjects: German, English, History, Biology
Offer made/rejected: Unconditional (6. Jan 2016)
Sent off application: 12. Dec 2015

If newcastle won't send me an offer, Essex will be my first choice. Does anyone know if the course is good?
Reply 90
Original post by leamariest

If newcastle won't send me an offer, Essex will be my first choice. Does anyone know if the course is good?

Hi Lea!

I'm currently in my third year studying English Literature at Essex and although I can't offer you any specific details or opinions on your course, I can answer any questions about Essex in general! So if you have any concerns about the university itself I'd be happy to help! :smile:

Also, it might be a good idea to join our Facebook university page as you will be able to post on there to ask for advice on your course as there will be current students on there currently studying your course who can give you more information than I can! :smile: (Link below)

https://www.facebook.com/groups/789560837805575/

Jess
Original post by Jess194
Hi Lea!

I'm currently in my third year studying English Literature at Essex and although I can't offer you any specific details or opinions on your course, I can answer any questions about Essex in general! So if you have any concerns about the university itself I'd be happy to help! :smile:

Also, it might be a good idea to join our Facebook university page as you will be able to post on there to ask for advice on your course as there will be current students on there currently studying your course who can give you more information than I can! :smile: (Link below)

https://www.facebook.com/groups/789560837805575/

Jess

Hi Jess,

thank you so much for your answer! Yes, indeed, I've got some questions:
Are you from Colchester/Essex or did you move there? Is it good for living? Do you live on the campus? And are the facilities nice? And are there nice places to go out? I will visit the university as soon as I hear something from Newcastle.
Thank you!!

Lea :smile:
Hi Jess,

thank you so much for your answer! Yes, indeed, I've got some questions:
Are you from Colchester/Essex or did you move there? Is it good for living? Do you live on the campus? And are the facilities nice? And are there nice places to go out? I will visit the university as soon as I hear something from Newcastle.
Thank you!!

Lea :smile:

Hiya!

I know I'm not Jess but I thought I could reply to some of your questions :smile:
I'm in my second year at the University of Essex studying Psychology.
I'm from Colchester, it's a lovely place to live! I don't live on campus, I privately rent a flat near the train station in Colchester.
The facilities on campus are great. The accommodation on campus is really nice, I only chose to not live on campus as I live with my boyfriend who isn't a student. There are lovely places to go out, on campus there are restaurants, bars and a club. I personally prefer to go into the town, there are lots of bars and pubs in town which is more my thing than clubs. However, there are clubs in town too :smile: Colchester does have lots of nice restaurants and the town is really pretty.

Feel free to ask anything else :smile:
Natalie.

Hiya, I study at the university of Essex and although I personally don't study that course, one of my best friends does so I can share her opinion of it with you, She has said countless times just how much she adores her course and how they really teach interesting topics and she loves being able to choose some of her modules. The one thing she can find challenging at times is the essay writing but as long as she plans from ahead she manages it fine. One final thing she said is that she loves how interactive the classes are and how they let her really express her opinions on different matters.
I hope this helps! :smile:

^ Sharmila
Reply 94
Congrats to everybody with offers!

I'm going to be rejecting my Essex offer but wish the best for all of you if you choose to go :biggrin:
Original post by antigone-
Congrats to everybody with offers!

I'm going to be rejecting my Essex offer but wish the best for all of you if you choose to go :biggrin:

Oooh, in favour of what uni if I may ask? :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 96
Original post by nnurfaatihah
Oooh, in favour of what uni if I may ask? :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Either LSE or York for firm and QMUL for insurance. Still undecided and waiting to hear back from LSE!

You thinking of accepting Essex?
Original post by antigone-
Either LSE or York for firm and QMUL for insurance. Still undecided and waiting to hear back from LSE!

You thinking of accepting Essex?

Haven't decided, I'm torn between UEA and Essex...

Good luck with LSE!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 98
Original post by nnurfaatihah
Haven't decided, I'm torn between UEA and Essex...

Good luck with LSE!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thanks! Hope you can decide haha, they're both great choices!
Original post by Sharmila_Student
Hiya, I study at the university of Essex and although I personally don't study that course, one of my best friends does so I can share her opinion of it with you, She has said countless times just how much she adores her course and how they really teach interesting topics and she loves being able to choose some of her modules. The one thing she can find challenging at times is the essay writing but as long as she plans from ahead she manages it fine. One final thing she said is that she loves how interactive the classes are and how they let her really express her opinions on different matters.
I hope this helps! :smile:

^ Sharmila

Thank you so much, that helps a LOT! :smile:
Are there many essays to be written?
Thanks again!!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending