Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Would you change your biological sex? watch

• View Poll Results: Would you change your biological sex?
    Yes
    11.36%
    No
    88.64%

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Multitalented me)
    No thanks, I like being a male. There are disadvantages like in dating you're usually expected to make the first move & could still end up getting rejected & things like random, inconvenient boners, but I still prefer being a male!
    hahah, "Trust me daddy!"

No homo

ReputationRep:
    Although I have a maidens heart, I still prefer being male.

ReputationRep:
    Generally people who do not have the "Big, strong, efficient killer" or the "small, weak loving provider" instinct have funked up hormone and mineral levels in their body.

I think during caveman times, with very low populations and much better nutrition, almost no one would have thought this way.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Francis.C)
    We "MEN" chose to hide or emotions due to the way society wants us to appear,
    I'd say we are very emotional but when we show it, we feel weak compared to other men and to the expectations of society
    We are expected to be tough hence the cliché 'manly' which results in us ditching most emotions apart from anger..
    I'm not sure why you're complaining about the way we handle our emotions because you wouldn't like it if a MAN was to cry on you cus' his nails slightly chipped.
    Men don't cry for those reasons though.

And, thinking about it, feminism has so masculinised women that women don't cry much either.

A man who does not cry for solid reasons (like a beautiful idea, or the death of a comrade in arms, or something like that) just lacks life. He's either dead inside, or so repressed and self-hating that he cannot express how he feels.

I think the idea that men should restrain sadness is pathetic. I've heard people say "You have to be strong for her" to men in the relationship. Really awful, sexist garbage. Men are not the supporters. We are the actors. We take risks constantly and suffer as a result. Historically, we needed support from women, and that was their role. Women have, by and large, stopped providing this support these days. Hence the rise of MGTOW, PUA and actual misogyny.

Nowadays, as things are very different, there are few women capable of supporting a man. You know a good woman to be one who falls in love with you and cares about you when you are vulnerable. It is their nature - if they defy that basic part of themselves, they are really not very human at all.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Never ever! I am used to live as a man. No interest in change my sex.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Francis.C)
    We "MEN" chose to hide or emotions due to the way society wants us to appear,
    I'd say we are very emotional but when we show it, we feel weak compared to other men and to the expectations of society
    We are expected to be tough hence the cliché 'manly' which results in us ditching most emotions apart from anger..
    I'm not sure why you're complaining about the way we handle our emotions because you wouldn't like it if a MAN was to cry on you cus' his nails slightly chipped.
    I was getting ready to say that I fully agree that's why I wouldn't want to feel like I can't express my emotions or be attuned like that without it being like 'what a big girls blouse'

ReputationRep:
    I'm good thanks:mute:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 41b)
    Men don't cry for those reasons though.

And, thinking about it, feminism has so masculinised women that women don't cry much either.

A man who does not cry for solid reasons (like a beautiful idea, or the death of a comrade in arms, or something like that) just lacks life. He's either dead inside, or so repressed and self-hating that he cannot express how he feels.

I think the idea that men should restrain sadness is pathetic. I've heard people say "You have to be strong for her" to men in the relationship. Really awful, sexist garbage. Men are not the supporters. We are the actors. We take risks constantly and suffer as a result. Historically, we needed support from women, and that was their role. Women have, by and large, stopped providing this support these days. Hence the rise of MGTOW, PUA and actual misogyny.

Nowadays, as things are very different, there are few women capable of supporting a man. You know a good woman to be one who falls in love with you and cares about you when you are vulnerable. It is their nature - if they defy that basic part of themselves, they are really not very human at all.
    Interesting...👏🏾

ReputationRep:
    It's a little depressing that the main association with being female seems to be PERIODS. It's a tiny little part of life...and, for most women, an optional one at that. You can take the pill continuously, or get an IUS. I did the latter and I haven't had a period for eight years.

I was born female, so I enjoy being female. If I were born male, I'd probably enjoy that too. I guess I've never felt strongly defined by my gender, or disadvantaged by being female...but, er, that opinion was never popular in General Studies A-Level :dontknow:

Would sure be nice not to have to shave my legs though.

ReputationRep:
    Lol, I wanna be a boy :O its easier

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Starvation13)
    Nope, this is not in Islam
    you r absolutely ri8

ReputationRep:
    I love being a girl, and there are so many privileges that come along with that
    for example, men always hold doors open for you, or it's always women and children first in dangerous situations.

ReputationRep:
    Sure, become a woman and I'll have a 1000x better chance of getting on a good engineering uni course.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Muhammad Shehzar)
    you r absolutely ri8
    I know

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Starvation13)
    I know

ReputationRep:
    So ~12% of TSR is mentally ill?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by otester)
    So ~12% of TSR is mentally ill?
    Shh, I'm in that < 12%

ReputationRep:
    Being a girl seems so easy. Every time you fail you can just scream sexism. Every time you're upset you can just say you're on a period, and it's not just that you have anger issues.

Increased chances of getting on best Uni courses, get away with being overweight too - sounds like an easy life.

ReputationRep:
    Oh yeah + girls can just not bother trying in education, not bother ever working, and just marry someone with money, or pretend they're mentally ill! Sounds so much easier than having to spend 5 extra years studying intensely then 40-50 more years working

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ComputerMaths97)
    Oh yeah + girls can just not bother trying in education, not bother ever working, and just marry someone with money, or pretend they're mentally ill! Sounds so much easier than having to spend 5 extra years studying intensely then 40-50 more years working
    boy that chip on your shoulder must be heavy

Posted from TSR Mobile

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.