Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I haven't heard anything from Warwick yet and it's kinda stressing me out. I sent my application a week ago. (I'm probably being a bit too paranoid.)

ReputationRep:
    Has anyone got offers in foundation year with physics yet?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by desmoulins)
    Still waiting for all of mine, I applied to Cambridge, Durham, St Andrews, Exeter & Edinburgh a couple weeks ago now... That said, it's for French & Russian so I assume everything will have to go through two departments which takes longer.
    You have nearly the same application as me! That probably isn't that exciting, but I only know one other person applying for modern languages, so I'm easily excited by these things... I'm applying to Cambridge, Durham, St Andrews, Exeter and Southampton for French and Spanish. Needless to say I remain offerless, although I have now sent off my SAQ.
    Did you apply for Russian ab initio or post A-level?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kaddy_Dee)
    I haven't heard anything from Warwick yet and it's kinda stressing me out. I sent my application a week ago. (I'm probably being a bit too paranoid.)
    perhaps a little paranoid it just depends on what course you applied for really and when Warwick got your application

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by thecatwithnohat)
    Have you already received an offer?

I literally just had my application sent off at 16:58 today :lol:
    Yep, from Cardiff and Aberystwyth after 6 days

ReputationRep:
    Got an offer from kings for international relations!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Last year my five all came in with an acceptance in around 16 days.
    First three came in 7 days.
    Applied to loughborough, warwick, manchester, brunel and heriot watt for civil engineering.

Brunel took the longest.
    Feel sorry for medicine dentistry and other students who have wait couple months or more.:sigh:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Have you people sent in your UCAS applications for the deferred entry or the 2016 entry? I've applied for Medicine at Imperial, Brighton and Sussex, Oxford, and UCL. I have only got welcome mails. And Imperial hasn't even sent that. Can somebody help please?

ReputationRep:
    Warwick and King's can afford to rapidly take on loads of students in the early stages because they're huge universities, and they know that they'll still have plenty of space left for the later students (whose grades may still be very good). Unis like Durham and St Andrews are notoriously slow, I think because they're small. If they give out too many offers they won't be giving the others a fair chance - others who may still have grades that are on a par with Oxbridge-level grades.

ReputationRep:
    Manchester gave me an offer 6 days after sending off my application.

Nottingham said (in the email) that they'll respond after a month,

Apart from that, I'm still waiting for a response from Sheffield, Birmingham and UCL

ReputationRep:
    UEA and Royal Holloway offered me places for Law win just over a week. Still waiting on LSE, Queen Mary and Brunel, although LSE should come through this week if it is positive.

ReputationRep:
    Got an offer from Manchester for PPE 6 days after I sent it

ReputationRep:
    Chester is really fast (within 1hr) and Liverpool (3 working days) now just waiting on Southampton, Derby and Swansea. Anyone know how fast (or slow) those are? i sent my application off 7 days ago.

ReputationRep:
    Will Uni's give out offers in half term?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TraceyE)
    Will Uni's give out offers in half term?
    Yes

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by yukta)
    Have you people sent in your UCAS applications for the deferred entry or the 2016 entry? I've applied for Medicine at Imperial, Brighton and Sussex, Oxford, and UCL. I have only got welcome mails. And Imperial hasn't even sent that. Can somebody help please?
    I'd email Imperial and check they've received your application just in case, you should have got acknowledgements by now. And 4 BMAT unis??? Dear lord, that's risky... Good luck to you!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AceAttorney123)
    Edinburgh anyone?
    From what I've heard, Edinburgh is usually pretty slow with their offers, might have to wait until somewhere like March next year.

Sadly I am on the same boat lol

Where else and what course are you applying to?

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone know how long Derby, Southampton or Swansea usually take?i sent off my application a week ago
    • Welcome Squad

Welcome Squad
    (Original post by unihelp98)
    Does anyone know how long Derby, Southampton or Swansea usually take?i sent off my application a week ago
    I'm not sure if Swansea have started making offers yet

ReputationRep:
    King's Computer Science were relatively quick. I sent my application off on the 15th and got an offer on the 19th.
    Warwick isn't as lightning fast as people make it out to be, because I still have no offer.
    Imperial are being ridiculously slow, they haven't even sent an acknowledgement to me yet.

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?
Applying to uni

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Graduates celebrate

How to write a good personal statement

Expert PS advice from the people who will read it

Uni match

Uni match

Can't decide where to apply? Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Two students working together

A-Z of universities

Read our guides to unis and colleges from around the UK

A student working on a computer

Personal statement help

Use our tool to get your ideal PS quickly!

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student looking down a microscope

Planning open days

Find upcoming open days and get advice on preparing.

Help out other students

These questions still need an answer

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.