Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Geography offer holders, 2016 watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    got all 5 offers! ucl (AAA), kings (AAB), southampton (AAB), queen mary (unconditional) and royal holloway (unconditional/ABB)

ReputationRep:
    Anyone got an offer from Newcase, Lancaster or Leicester??

ReputationRep:
    received a lowered offer from Nottingham!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Emegan09)
    Anyone heard back from Plymouth/ Southampton for physical geography?
    I've got a conditional from Plymouth! I'm really stuck on whether to go or not as its five hours plus from my house. Do you think you'll go?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by GFWilliams)
    I've got a conditional from Plymouth! I'm really stuck on whether to go or not as its five hours plus from my house. Do you think you'll go?
    I too have a conditional offer to Plymouth! But I'm in the same situation as you, it around 6 hours from house. What other offers have you gotten?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Megan_R)
    I too have a conditional offer to Plymouth! But I'm in the same situation as you, it around 6 hours from house. What other offers have you gotten?
    I've got conditionals from Gloucestershire, Edge Hill and Bath Spa, and an unconditional from Northampton. What about you?I really like Plymouth but don't know how bad the distance will be if I go!

ReputationRep:
    Congratulations on your offers! Which do you like the best?
    I have conditionals from Coventry, Keele and Plymouth. I'm just waiting to hear back from Birmingham.
    I am hoping to go for an applicant day because it's a really good uni, so I don't think I'll decide until then though. Are you going to an applicant day?
    I live in Northampton by the way!

ReputationRep:
    Is anyone else still waiting to hear from Exeter? I am very worried as I am yet to hear from them

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I've got conditionals from Gloucestershire, Edge Hill and Bath Spa, and an unconditional from Northampton. What about you?I really like Plymouth but don't know how bad the distance will be if I go!
    Congratulations on your offers! Which do you like the best?I have conditionals from Coventry, Keele and Plymouth. I'm just waiting to hear back from Birmingham. I am hoping to go for an applicant day because it's a really good uni, so I don't think I'll decide until then though. Are you going to an applicant day? I live in Northampton by the way!

ReputationRep:
    Congratulations on your offers! Which do you like the best?I have conditionals from Coventry, Keele and Plymouth. I'm just waiting to hear back from Birmingham. I am hoping to go for an applicant day because it's a really good uni, so I don't think I'll decide until then though. Are you going to an applicant day? I live in Northampton by the way!
    Thank you and you! I don't think I'm going to the applicant day because I went to the open day and it was so much hassle for my mum! Seriously!! That's lucky, do you like it there?

ReputationRep:
    Thank you and you! I don't think I'm going to the applicant day because I went to the open day and it was so much hassle for my mum! Seriously!! That's lucky, do you like it there?
    Thanks! What did you think of the uni and the course, if you looked at it? Northampton is a nice place, a lot less hassle than a city. The campuses are also pretty good but I do recommended going to have a look if you can!

ReputationRep:
    Thanks! What did you think of the uni and the course, if you looked at it? Northampton is a nice place, a lot less hassle than a city. The campuses are also pretty good but I do recommended going to have a look if you can!
    I loved the course and the teachers were really enthusiastic! I had ran into one in a lift on my way to the labs and he spoke to me for ages and was really helpful! The campus is located next to a shopping centre which is handy and the accommodation is all really close and some of the off site ones are only across the road. I went to an open day to Northampton and I like the campuses but didn't get a chance to look at the city!

ReputationRep:
    I loved the course and the teachers were really enthusiastic! I had ran into one in a lift on my way to the labs and he spoke to me for ages and was really helpful! The campus is located next to a shopping centre which is handy and the accommodation is all really close and some of the off site ones are only across the road. I went to an open day to Northampton and I like the campuses but didn't get a chance to look at the city!
    Thanks! It sounds really good but gain the distance might be a bit far. Northampton town is great, there's a couple different retail parks with different stuff to do. Also it's got an alright night life if that's what you're into. The shopping is okay but there is Milton Keynes shopping Centre only 8 minutes by train away and Birmingham shopping isn't that far away either if you want to know anything else, don't hesitate to ask!

ReputationRep:
    All 5 offers! Sussex, Brighton, Hertfordshire, Portsmouth and Hull

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I'm still waiting for a reply off Plymouth. Should I be worried that they haven't accepted/rejected me yet? I'm applying for MGeol Geology and predicted AAB with offers from Manchester, Edinburgh and Dundee.

ReputationRep:
    Got conditional offers from Leicester and Nottingham. Can't decide!

ReputationRep:
    I recieved offers from UCL, Kings College and SOAS... Cambridge pooled me but no one had room (dang it) and still waiting on LSE..

Has anyone heard from LSE?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bilalmuh123)
    I recieved offers from UCL, Kings College and SOAS... Cambridge pooled me but no one had room (dang it) and still waiting on LSE..

Has anyone heard from LSE?
    I got rejected on the last day of my 8-week for "unconvincing ps" I got accepted at UCL too!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by arichards_)
    Anyone got an offer from Newcase, Lancaster or Leicester??
    I got a conditional offer for Physical Geography at Lancaster with deferred entry. AAB or ABB with A in Extended Project

ReputationRep:
    Has anybody got an offer from Newcastle and if so how long did it take for you to get it? :0

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 6, 2016
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.