Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    ALMIGHTY God, who shewest to them that be in error the light of thy truth, to the intent that they may return into the way of righteousness: Grant unto all them that are admitted into the fellowship of Christ's religion, that they may eschew those things that are contrary to their profession, and follow all such things as are agreeable to the same; through our Lord Jesus Christ. Amen.

ReputationRep:
    O LORD, from whom all good things do come: Grant to us thy humble servants, that by thy holy inspiration we may think those things that be good, and by thy merciful guiding may perform the same; through our Lord Jesus Christ.Amen.

ReputationRep:
    Everlasting God, whose servant Hilary steadfastly confessed your Son Jesus Christ to be both human and divine: grant us his gentle courtesy to bring to all the message of redemption in the incarnate Christ, who is alive and reigns with you, in the unity of the Holy Spirit, one God, now and for ever.

ReputationRep:
    Most gracious God, who called your servant Antony to sell all that he had and to serve you in the solitude of the desert: by his example may we learn to deny ourselves and to love you before all things; through Jesus Christ your Son our Lord, who is alive and reigns with you, in the unity of the Holy Spirit,one God, now and for ever.

ReputationRep:
    You are the only person who will post on this thread. You are aware of that?

ReputationRep:
    Is this the proper Anglican society thread?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MrKmas508)
    You are the only person who will post on this thread. You are aware of that?
    Well if other Anglicans want to post they are free to do so. Until then I will keep posting.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Eigo-Jin)
    Is this the proper Anglican society thread?
    It was meant to be and hopefully will be. However it hasn't started off very well.

Are you an Anglican?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by william walker)
    It was meant to be and hopefully will be. However it hasn't started off very well.

Are you an Anglican?
    I am.

ReputationRep:
    I am.
    :yeah:

Welcome. Please post why you are an Anglican and anything else you like about the Church.

ReputationRep:
    :yeah:

Welcome. Please post why you are an Anglican and just whatever you like about the Church.
    I was born and raised in a christian household although my parents veer more towards the non-denominational side of Christianity. I attend church one to three times a week. I love the worship side of church. Do you attend church?

ReputationRep:
    I was born and raised in a christian household although my parents veer more towards the non-denominational side of Christianity. I attend church one to three times a week. I love the worship side of church. Do you attend church?
    Me too. My parents non-conformists. I love the language of the Church more than anything else. I haven't been to Church or been baptised yet. I want to though. However things have stopped me from doing it already.

ReputationRep:
    Me too. My parents non-conformists. I love the language of the Church more than anything else. I haven't been to Church or been baptised yet. I want to though. However things have stopped me from doing it already.
    When you say language, do you mean king James' translation? Also, sorry to hear you cannot be baptised/attend church, I hope you can soon. It's an important part of any christian's life.

ReputationRep:
    When you say language, do you mean king James' translation? Also, sorry to hear you cannot be baptised/attend church, I hope you can soon. It's an important part of any christian's life.
    Yep. But the book of common prayer and hymn's also.

Yeah. My family don't really want me to do it. So I have to wait for a bit.

ReputationRep:
    Yep. But the book of common prayer and hymn's also.

Yeah. My family don't really want me to do it. So I have to wait for a bit.
    Yes, the hymns are very special!
    Hopefully you'll go church soon, the experience is amazing

You're family are non-conformist yet you are Anglican? How come?

ReputationRep:
    Yes, the hymns are very special!
    Hopefully you'll go church soon, the experience is amazing

You're family are non-conformist yet you are Anglican? How come?
    Because I feel my parents non-conformist sect couldn't exist without the Church of England. I guess I always felt like I was out of place when I went to the bible meetings, nothing special or beautiful, just a bunch of people sitting talking about the bible. I still liked the hymns though. However I just feel like it didn't matter when I was their. Whereas whenever I went to Church or listened to Anglican prayers it just felt more substantial and greater than myself. So I think that is why.

I look forward to it more every day. However I don't want to get my hope up to much. It am sure it will be an amazing experience in time.

Yeah. Do you have a favourite hymn? Mine is Thine Be the Glory.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DeathGuardElite)
    can anyone make socs for anything now?
    Yes. There's now even a sock soc for those that are interested in socks.

ReputationRep:
    Because I feel my parents non-conformist sect couldn't exist without the Church of England. I guess I always felt like I was out of place when I went to the bible meetings, nothing special or beautiful, just a bunch of people sitting talking about the bible. I still liked the hymns though. However I just feel like it didn't matter when I was their. Whereas whenever I went to Church or listened to Anglican prayers it just felt more substantial and greater than myself. So I think that is why.

I look forward to it more every day. However I don't want to get my hope up to much. It am sure it will be an amazing experience in time.

Yeah. Do you have a favourite hymn? Mine is Thine Be the Glory.

I understand. Although I do not recite the prayers, I feel more comfortable speaking from my heart hehe

But hymns are the sweetest thing: born from hardships and temptations and overcomings, it teaches what a christian ought to be. So I have many many favourites, but my top three at the moment are "It is well with my soul" and "The Old Rugged Cross", and a simple bible song called "I lay in Zion". :flower2:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Howard)
    Yes. There's now even a sock soc for those that are interested in socks.
    i hope there is an underpants gnome soc too

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: October 21, 2015
Poll
Are you going to a festival?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.