The Student Room Group

Should I study maths for A level?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by AsandaLFC
Dont listen to this person OP, languages are worthless when unis look at your A-levels, if u going to take a language do it as an extra
Posted from TSR Mobile

Really? Who told you that? I read on articles too that languages are liked. :s-smilie:
Dont listen to this person OP, languages are worthless when unis look at your A-levels, if u going to take a language do it as an extra
Posted from TSR Mobile

As long as you have biology and chemistry, your third/fourth subject can be anything as long as it is academically rigorous.
Med schools like UCL even prefer contrasting subjects.
I know people who are in medical school and they did bio, chem, french and german for A level.
Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by Rickstahhh
Yeah, medical schools like languages as a non-science subject. It would be best to do Spanish next year along with your other A levels, so you would be able to count it as an A level within the 2 year period.
I've heard that english literature is quite subjective, some people love it whilst some hate it. Definitely join an English Club, you can then also talk about it in your personal statement!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Posted from TSR Mobile

Are you in medical school?
And she is intending to do maths, bio, chem and spanish. So Spanish would be a subject on the side. As it would not be part of the 3 A2s required in the offer.

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 84
I have applied for Med and am currently am studying Bio, Chem, Phys and Spanish. I would recommend taking a language alongside the sciences as it is really enjoyable, you learn how to structure arguments and you amass good general knowledge. Languages are also valued by Unis generally.
Original post by Lista
I have applied for Med and am currently am studying Bio, Chem, Phys and Spanish. I would recommend taking a language alongside the sciences as it is really enjoyable, you learn how to structure arguments and you amass good general knowledge. Languages are also valued by Unis generally.

Oh, I didn't know that. Thank you so much!

Quick Reply

Latest