Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

German woman evicted from home to make way for refugees watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by abruiseonthesky)
    I go on the DM when I'm bored :'
    Who doesn't?!

Are there really people who go on it for serious news?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by infairverona)
    https://news.vice.com/article/german...-welfare-abuse - this is from a year ago but doesn't seem to agree with what you're saying...

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/ukne...la-Merkel.html - hmm funny - Merkel certainly seems to think immigrants abusing state support is an issue, perhaps not as hot on it as you seem to think
    ...firstly when did I say immigrant welfare abuse wasn't a problem? Secondly, your point was that the German welfare system is ****. It's not. Thirdly, immigrants have a different legal status to refugees. Refugees go through a different process. Try again.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SignFromDog)
    German Jews fleeing the third reich didn't believe in snipping off their daughters clitorises, putting their womenfolk in a cloth bag before allowing them to leave the house, or demanding we give up our democratic system and confer on them special rights.

German Jews fleeing the Nazis had the same values we have. So there is a clear difference. In fact, many of them (like Ralph Miliband) enlisted to help in the fight against fascism. The same can't really be said of the present bunch
    Yes, because every single one is like that....
    As a Jewish person, I find your attitudes towards refugees disgusting. You above anyone else should be able to find compassion.

Don't you ever dare tell me other countries should have done more to help Jews in the Holocaust now. I'm shocked you, of all people can't find compassion.

Seems some people learned nothing from the 40s.

ReputationRep:
    I go on the DM when I'm bored :')
    I do love some of the comments! Also some of the stories are so badly written, you have to laugh!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Because when someone is evicted for a new road, compensation inevitably follows. Making one person homeless to house another person is a zero sum game.

In any case, you are most welcome to show us how this is not a big deal at all and give up your home for a refugee family. Or is it only okay when it's someone else?
    And who said the German government won't compensate this woman..? The German states are run by individual federal/state government type things, then there's the overall German government. So if it's the state government that's evicted her, who says the national won't compensate? Or even the state government?

Well, if I owned a home I wouldn't mind taking in refugees. My parents are actually considering it.

ReputationRep:
    ...firstly when did I say immigrant welfare abuse wasn't a problem? Secondly, your point was that the German welfare system is ****. It's not. Thirdly, immigrants have a different legal status to refugees. Refugees go through a different process. Try again.
    You quite clearly cannot read - please do point out in my first post where I ever made any reference to the German welfare system being good or bad?

Come back when you're not taking every comment about immigrants personally - it's not all about you.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Student403)
    Who doesn't?!

Are there really people who go on it for serious news?
    Sadly, yes...

ReputationRep:
    And who said the German government won't compensate this woman..? The German states are run by individual federal/state government type things, then there's the overall German government. So if it's the state government that's evicted her, who says the national won't compensate? Or even the state government?

Well, if I owned a home I wouldn't mind taking in refugees. My parents are actually considering it.
    If we had room/I had my own house we would, as it is our house isn't big enough for the four of us, but we get by

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by infairverona)
    You quite clearly cannot read - please do point out in my first post where I ever made any reference to the German welfare system being good or bad?

Come back when you're not taking every comment about immigrants personally - it's not all about you.
    'Of course they don't care. The UK offers the most attractive benefits package - once the immigrants have got their citizenship through Germany they'll **** off and come here'

The implication is that the system is ****.

I'm not, there is a genuine difference in their legal standing regarding access to state welfare, citizenship, work etc...

ReputationRep:
    The benevolent part refers to the general attitude of the German people toward refugees. Welcoming them.

Read where I said "Just a shame someone had to suffer for it". That part refers to the fact that a native had to suffer as a result of it
    Yes. The German people have been very welcoming indeed. Uber gullible in my view. Or simply a guilty conscience? Who knows. Still, it's their country. It's their tax money. They can do with it as they wish.

The German state has been even more welcoming. So welcoming that they kick their own citizens out of their houses to make way for their new guests.

ReputationRep:
    Sadly, yes...
    "Hmmm now I wonder what's going on in the world today?"

• TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    What's decent about throwing a 50 year old woman out of her home?
    ...How does this make the slightest amount of sense? You do realise that there are other ways of allowing refugees into a country that do not involve evicting 50 year old women from their homes?

ReputationRep:
    "Hmmm now I wonder what's going on in the world today?"

Have you seen the list that someone made of what the DM claims gives you cancer and protects against cancer? Most things are on both lists ahah

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Howard)
    Yes. The German people have been very welcoming indeed. Uber gullible in my view. Or simply a guilty conscience? Who knows. Still, it's their country. It's their tax money. They can do with it as they wish.

The German state has been even more welcoming. So welcoming that they kick their own citizens out of their houses to make way for their new guests.
    They accepted at first because of a shift in the age structure, they found themselves with a shortage of young people and decided taking in refugees was a good way to deal with this (good in some ways, bad in others)
    Now they're regretting it, but that's their problem!

EDIT: missed an 'f' and consequently cursed at Germany 😂

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Have you seen the list that someone made of what the DM claims gives you cancer and protects against cancer? Most things are on both lists ahah
    LOL who writes this sh**

ReputationRep:
    This really is quite a sad story, and apparently there have been a number of similar cases.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...m-seekers.html

It's astonishing that the German government has been happy to accept close to a million illegal immigrants into Germany in the last 12 months, a shocking figure that completely dwarfs anything that has been seen since WW2. It seems like they don't have any care for how this will affect their people.

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/articl...refugee-crisis

Interestingly, this Bloomberg article says that another 900,000 could arrive in the final quarter of 2015 on top of the 600,000 who have already come this year. Shocking
    boo hoo

ReputationRep:
    Remarkably, the Mail article (like any article) reports facts (or claimed facts) which you can then corroborate with something known as the internet. Or, at least that's what an intelligent, curious person would do.

I suppose some people prefer to sit on their butt to wait until an "approved" paper has told them what to think.

It's pretty transparent and faintly pathetic that you are so desperate to avoid discussing the story that you won't do a quick google search to work out for yourself whether it's true or not
    Well yes, I am rather busy and, as the OP, I don't think it's reasonable to ask you to find an alternative source to corroborate what you've found.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bornblue)
    Yet she's saving hundreds of thousands of lives and showing real compassion.
    Some things are more important than money.

I'd welcome us to do the same.

From the article:
    "In the case highlighted yesterday, around 5,000 asylum seekers have been crammed into old US military bases in Giessen, western Germany.
    A letter addressed to the Minister of Integration and Social Affairs in the state of Hesse, where the centre is based, from four women’s organisations described a ‘culture of rape and violence’.The letter, written on August 18, stated: ‘It is a fact that women and children are unprotected. This situation is opportune to those men who already regard women as their inferior and treat unaccompanied women as “fair game”.
    'As a consequence, there are reports of numerous rapes, sexual assaults and increasingly of forced prostitution. These are not isolated incidents.’ "

Do you really want these "people" in Europe?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Josb)
    From the article:
    "In the case highlighted yesterday, around 5,000 asylum seekers have been crammed into old US military bases in Giessen, western Germany.
    A letter addressed to the Minister of Integration and Social Affairs in the state of Hesse, where the centre is based, from four women’s organisations described a ‘culture of rape and violence’.The letter, written on August 18, stated: ‘It is a fact that women and children are unprotected. This situation is opportune to those men who already regard women as their inferior and treat unaccompanied women as “fair game”.
    'As a consequence, there are reports of numerous rapes, sexual assaults and increasingly of forced prostitution. These are not isolated incidents.’ "

Do you really want these "people" in Europe?
    I want us to save and help every single person that we can.
    Anecdotal evidence of them behaving badly won't quite cut it i'm afraid.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bornblue)
    I want us to save and help every single person that we can.
    Anecdotal evidence of them behaving badly won't quite cut it i'm afraid.
    Really?

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.