Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

I'm not attracted to and avoid so-called 'alpha' males watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    I was talking about you personally not a generic outline. So what is about your physical, financial and status that makes you such an alpha? What uni do you/did you go to? What job do you do?

Physical.... well that's obvious I am huge

Financial/Status - Studying Accounting and Finance, a very good starting salary and will most likely be in a managerial role within a few years.

ReputationRep:
    I'm not a guy, can a woman not have an opinion or something?? And I'm not the only one there are women who have posted on here agreeing so go talk to them as well.

'but if you're completely comfortable in your own skin, passionate and driven about what you do...Total ****ing Alpha...' I think most of the self proclaimed 'alphas' are insecure in the extreme. A man who is what you describe would certainly never give himself such a dumb badge. And there are very few Kiplings and true 'top dogs' in the world and none of them are calling themselves 'alpha males'.
    You realize you're actually agreeing with me right?

You are blatantly some 'bitter beta male' though...

(Original post by NathanDYEL)
    Physical.... well that's obvious I am huge

Financial/Status - Studying Accounting and Finance, a very good starting salary and will most likely be in a managerial role within a few years.
    Uni?

(Original post by Triple-Sod)
    You realize you're actually agreeing with me right?

You are blatantly some bitter 'beta' guy though...
    Fair enough... But I am a girl :p:$

ReputationRep:
    Uni?

Liverpool

Liverpool
    Well it's odd that someone with your mindset actually got into a Russell Group university.

ReputationRep:
    Well it's odd that someone with your mindset actually got into a Russell Group university.

It is the Alpha way!! Many of my Alpha friends go to unis such as Edge Hill and Chester but they are still Alpha as they study good degrees and are likely to be 'well off' in life after uni.

ReputationRep:
    I'd say certain females are put off by these type
    of males. But it obviously works for some girls otherwise it wouldn't exist. Plus, as one person pointed out, most of these "alphas" are unlikely to be on TSR, so you're probably preaching to the choir here.

It is the Alpha way!! Many of my Alpha friends go to unis such as Edge Hill and Chester but they are still Alpha as they study good degrees and are likely to be 'well off' in life after uni.
    Hmm not necessarily with today's tuition fees and interest on the loans they are more likely to end up in a pile of debt they will nevr pay off unless you get a very good uni place and have a decent standing for a graduate position. Surely 'alphas' would be good at weighing out a cost-benefit analysis. But seriously I hope they don't use homophobic slurs like you do. Do you go around the University of Liverpool calling people '*******s' to assert your masculinity? Disgusting.

ReputationRep:
    Hmm not necessarily with today's tuition fees and interest on the loans they are more likely to end up in a pile of debt they will nevr pay off unless you get a very good uni place and have a decent standing for a graduate position. Surely 'alphas' would be good at weighing out a cost-benefit analysis. But seriously I hope they don't use homophobic slurs like you do. Do you go around the University of Liverpool calling people '*******s' to assert your masculinity? Disgusting.

You can be in debt and still be 'well off' ...... and yes it is more beneficial to get a degree than not go to uni and work at Iceland for the rest of your life. You sound like one of those people who support the ban of 'man-up and 'stop being a sissy' in schools. *******.

ReputationRep:
    Liverpool
    Does 'Sylvester Stallone' ring any bells in the context of the uni gym....

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Flying Lotus)
    Does 'Sylvester Stallone' ring any bells in the context of the uni gym....

Never used the uni gym But I just googled it

ReputationRep:
    Exactly. It makes me cringe when they proclaim that they are 'alpha'. Maybe they just need a hug.
    Or just tell them that there's only one alpha in a pack...set them against each other

ReputationRep:
    It's a tricky one because, girls like confident guys and the confident guys are usually the "alpha-male" types which suck.

ReputationRep:
    I know that most people are probably a mix of traits. But I am referring to the men who actually walk around calling themselves 'alpha' and telling other men to be more 'alpha' and calling other men 'beta'.

But I'm glad that you don't feel pressure to act like those buffoons
    A man cannot decide for himself whether he's alpha or not though, that will be judged by his peers.

ReputationRep:
    No I wasn't rejected by them I reject them. So if I was an 8/10 my opinion would be valid then? Maybe I am.. Plus one man's 6 is another man's 3 and another man's 9. My whole point is that it doesn't matter where you are on the scale these emotionally retarded, broken ego wannabe 'alphas' are only trying to collect notches on their belts anyway.
    But it's quite probable that you reject them as a defense mechanism as to not be rejected yourself. You can be fairly objective when evaluating where someone is on the scale and if you're saying it doesn't matter then I'd guess you're on the bottom end of the scale. You sound very bitter in your language which reinforces the idea that it's a self-defense mechanism.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: October 23, 2015
Poll
Do you like carrot cake?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.