Mother used to tell me as a kid never step foot into Hackney :rofl:
    And now middle class people can't seem to get enough of it :mmm:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by grvcex97)
    Haha, yes(: And sorry, I'm on the other side of the world :\
    We can Skype or something

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by queen-bee)
    London isn't for the faint hearted or boring people. What's Liverpool like,no offence but that accent is just something else
    yeah, still to this day I have trouble understanding what people are saying. They talk so loudly and quickly and are always full of stories. I don't think there's such thing as a shy scouser. Liverpool is incredible, beautiful architecture, great shopping, great nightlife, amazing restaurants, got everything you need just without the business of London. Poorer parts are being regenerated in a good way, house prices are still dirt cheap. It's class. There's a place that does 70p pints, the beer is questionable, but 70p?!

ReputationRep:
    yeah, I assume that you, as a dental student, have some beautiful pearly whites haha, you should smile in your picture
    Very kind words. Maybe you can smile your picture too ? ahaha.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The Wavefunction)
    We can Skype or something
    lmao

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jam277)
    Mother used to tell me as a kid never step foot into Hackney :rofl:
    hmm.. never been to Hackney. Should I check it out? lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by iAre Teh Lejend)
    Very kind words. Maybe you can smile your picture too ? ahaha.
    Everyone on this thread that has a profile picture has it an angle. I really want to rotate them all so that they are straight...

ReputationRep:
    lmao
    not sure if he's being serious or not...

ReputationRep:
    It's the internet, I wouldn't put it past him to not be serious.

ReputationRep:
    females with display pictures tend to get loads of creepy messages/requests. take it as a compliment I suppose.

ReputationRep:
    London isn't for the faint hearted or boring people. What's Liverpool like,no offence but that accent is just something else
    I lived in Liverpool as well for a few years so I think I have right to talk about this. It's a fantastic place in every sense of the word. There are so many things to do. The centre is affordable, great pubs, good bars if that's your kinda thing. The student atmosphere in the centre of Liverpool is great and also since I had that freedom to just go everywhere I wanted in Liverpool without too many issues financially(unlike in London) there was that amazing vibe.
    (Original post by JD1lla)
    Tbh I don't even live in London, and it's true, the air pollution and busy london life gets to me, I love chilled out places and mentality. But i'm also practically nocturnal. I love that London's a late night sort of place. Currently living in Liverpool, which is just amazing, but I'm originally from about 20mins train from London.
    Liverpool has a very good day and night life. With Liverpool it's a bit more affordable but you still get a lot of that vibe of London. I used to love going to Liverpool one, was a neat burritos place and I used to just go there and chill with my mates.London is better though, ain't nothing like my hometown.

ReputationRep:
    yeah, still to this day I have trouble understanding what people are saying. They talk so loudly and quickly and are always full of stories. I don't think there's such thing as a shy scouser. Liverpool is incredible, beautiful architecture, great shopping, great nightlife, amazing restaurants, got everything you need just without the business of London. Poorer parts are being regenerated in a good way, house prices are still dirt cheap. It's class. There's a place that does 70p pints, the beer is questionable, but 70p?!
    But does it have the London feeling to it?! :mmm:

ReputationRep:
    hmm.. never been to Hackney. Should I check it out? lol
    Yeah may as well. It's got much better now.

ReputationRep:
    Paid 70 pounds a week for rent. That is nothing short of amazing coming to think of it.
    definitely have a very restricted monetary plan...
    Basically forget about West London then bar for the odd thing if you got £100 to spare every few months.

ReputationRep:
    Which Westfield is better,the Stratford on or shepard's bush. I've only been to the on on my end(west)

ReputationRep:
    Which Westfield is better,the Stratford on or shepard's bush. I've only been to the on on my end(west)
    Shep's seems to have more designer/fashion stores. Stratford I personally like because it has a lot more variety

ReputationRep:
    females with display pictures tend to get loads of creepy messages/requests. take it as a compliment I suppose.

It's the internet, I wouldn't put it past him to not be serious.
    Guys, I'm not actually serious. As gutted as I am that she turned me down, I think I'll get over it fast.

ReputationRep:
    No idea tbh Queen Bee . Only been West Westfield once and that was back in 2011(just before the East one was built).

ReputationRep:
    I'm going to study abroad in London soon and was wondering where the best places to socialize or just have a good evening out with friends are in the London area(:
    Try Upper Street area (my favourite) and anywhere in Soho. And let's not forget the legendary Bar Italia in Frith Street (another favourite) where everyone gravitates to after a long night out partying/drinking/bar hopping etc.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Student403)
    Shep's seems to have more designer/fashion stores. Stratford I personally like because it has a lot more variety
    I want to check out Westfield Stratford city one day! I like the shepard's bush one but would be nice to compare

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.