Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by aamirac)
    Your welcome. Rather ironic since I do learn a Classical/Old language :lol:. I've been wanting to change it but unsure what to.
    Ancient Aramaic, because then you can decode awesome old documents that basically no one else can. So few people speak it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SophieSmall)
    I'm surprised I've not seen any of your suggestions. :P

I had seen orphan black snippets on TV, but never saw it from the beginning. Thanks.
    No worries, glad to help! I really liked the Cloud Atlas (Despite being so long, 3h) and About time because of the plot, those kinds of movies that make you think afterwards!

ReputationRep:
    When someone says "horror film" 9/10 they're talking about films like paranormal activity, sinister and insidious. That is what I meant by not a horror film. Because whenever I ask people what horror films they like, they are the answers I get. And honestly, those films are pretty much all the same cookie cutter, unoriginal, predictable, bad acting nonsense.
    Sturgeons Law!

90% of everything is crap.

I'll stop now. You pushed my sensitive nerd rambling buttons :sad:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pcabezas)
    No worries, glad to help! I really liked the Cloud Atlas (Despite being so long, 3h) and About time because of the plot, those kinds of movies that make you think afterwards!
    I sat down to watch Cloud Atlas on my laptop like a year ago, had it all loaded. The forgot shut my laptop down and went the shop

ReputationRep:
    (Sorry that they're not all in one post. More is just coming to me over time, and I'll add when I think of it.)

Another song, play quite loud again.

Foreign, but I don't understand it, but like it regardless.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ChaoticButterfly)
    Sturgeons Law!

90% of everything is crap.

I'll stop now. You pushed my sensitive nerd rambling buttons :sad:
    Well 90% of everything people suggest to me in the horror category is literally what I would define as crap.

Ancient Aramaic, because then you can decode awesome old documents that basically no one else can. So few people speak it.
    That's quite cool when you think of it like that. I think it's like the Old English version of Hebrew so to say. (Though I do C. Arabic)

ReputationRep:
    Well 90% of everything people suggest to me in the horror category is literally what I would define as crap.
    Fair enough. Some people just don't like cretin types of films.

ReputationRep:
    That's quite cool when you think of it like that. I think it's like the Old English version of Hebrew so to say. (Though I do C. Arabic)
    Yeah, I've always found dead languages and inconclusive history fascinating and exciting.

Yeah, I've always found dead languages and inconclusive history fascinating and exciting.
    Me too! I often think that if English was to diminish what language would replace it?

It can be a struggle though. Especially since the meaning of the word cannot always be directly translated and the grammar is another language in it's entirety.

ReputationRep:
    Only had a sore throat for the past couple of days, so thought it would pass quickly. Woke up this morning feeling sooo ill. Horrible stomach pains, blocked nose, a cough , sore throat still, pounding ears and my skin hurts to touch.

This sucks Someone recommend me some movies or something...not chick flicks or romances, hate those. Or horrors :P sorry queen bee.
    Get well soon

ReputationRep:
    Me too! I often think that if English was to diminish what language would replace it?

It can be a struggle though. Especially since the meaning of the word cannot always be directly translated and the grammar is another language in it's entirety.
    Hmm interesting thought, I'm not sure.

Yeah that's true, I can imagine it would be quite frustrating.

ReputationRep:
    Illicits the same gag reaction
    ROFL

Poll
“Yanny” or “Laurel”
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.