Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Is Britain becoming like Sweden in relation to expressing views on mass immigration? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Trying to destroy an entire continent for no reason and 22 homogenous countries for the greed of cultures and people who exist elsewhere, sounds legitimate, who do you think the racists are?

ReputationRep:
    I love immigration. I'm white, and come from a very working class family, going to primary school in Dagenham but moved to the suburbs young.

Many of my best friends are black and Asian - I am studying to become a doctor, and am surrounded by non-whites in NHS work experience and love it. My girlfriend is Sri Lankan. Is this because of the colour of their skin? No. In fact I barely notice it. The discussion never comes up. Have I betrayed my own race and heritage? No, I have white friends too and am very proud of some of my country's achievements. I like people because they are great people, their skin colour and culture play no part. But without immigration I'd never have met half of them.

Nor are they this 'alien culture' as is often portrayed - they often retain their cultural ties within the family, but in the real world function as any 'British citizen' would, or more crudely speaking my 'white friends'.

The immigration debate will die out within a generation. Second generation immigrants fully assimilate. 'Natives' such as myself who grow up with them realize there are no differences. Its rare to see youngsters hold these anti-immigration views - we are not brainwashed or forced into accepting them, we actually do accept them! If you look past the groaning and moaning middle England, you can see the youth of a multicultural society accepting one another and realizing immigrants are the same as us. Multiculturalism has worked, we just have to wait for this next generation to come of age.

But I'm just a loony lefty

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rat_Bag)
    No I don't. Please name the places in London you have been that have given you the vibes you talk about. What did you see? What did you feel?

Sometimes changes in the economy occur that the government has no control over. Grown up adults understand that.

Grown up adults also understand how the Tories haven't sufficiently boosted the AD in the economy but instead gone to prevent inflation-the wrong priority at such a time. Well, educated ones. Troll.

The Starter Home Initiative didn't say it would build new homes, it would match buyers with homes in the private sector at a discount. And the programme was only launched last year.

Yeah, lucky this was a lie. The country so desperately needs migrants, whether they come as students, as skilled tradespeople, as highly skilled professionals. And it needs lots of them, so was lucky the quota was broken.

Yeah, if crime was a profession these barbarian hordes would be right up there. If rape was in the olympics some groups would be VERY over-represented that is for sure. Sadly for you it isn't

I think you'll find that if UKIP were in power, there was be a lot of broken promises (UKIP has multiple distinct constituencies, with very different and opposing expectations, yet it promises everything they want to hear)

So why raise it?

And again, how do you know it is a lie? You can't make accusations and then not provide evidence to support them.

Why single out Diane Abbot of all people? She's a relatively minor person in Corbyn's Cabinet.

Why not? What about the BNP would make you not vote for them?

No you haven't.

Do you avoid large parts of the country which are Labour controlled councils? Because Sadiq Khan is your run of the mill Labour politician.

Does the fact that he's Muslim and of Pakistani origin bother you?

And people like you contribute to its destruction.

Name them in Sweden. I've been to Sweden, including inner city Stockholm and Malmo with high immigrant populations.

Name the no go neighbourhoods, and the experience you have of them.

Where? Name them

I just have a feeling that you have never personally experienced any of these "so called" no go areas, and just believe what you are told through various online media.

I know London very well. Name the no go areas please, and how you have experienced them.

I've heard people refer to neighbourhoods in London as no-go areas. I've been to those areas, and it's very obvious that they are no no-go areas at all. This is why I would like to hear your experience of these no-go areas.

Actually many many do no.

Are you talking about the British tourists in Magaluf again?

It's very obvious that you have fallen victim to racist rhetoric you've encountered on the internet.

You seem very hung up about the issue of being asked of your experience in London, when it's obvious you haven't have any experience as you described, otherwise you wouldn't have got so defensive.
    Stopped reading at your again failed troll attempt regarding the economy.

"Racist rhetoric on the internet?" Lol. Again, only a troll needs it explained to them how crap London is. Only a troll asks for already provided links regarding no go areas. I mean you ask for these links, get them, them just ignore them.

What is the matter sweetie? Can't bear to see your fellow Muslims (you on your profile say you are an ex Muslim) ruining Europe? Just visit London. Yuck in so many areas. I generally try to avoid talking to your kind anyway
    (the trolls), so ignore list for you.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Murphy12)
    I love immigration. I'm white, and come from a very working class family, going to primary school in Dagenham but moved to the suburbs young.

Many of my best friends are black and Asian - I am studying to become a doctor, and am surrounded by non-whites in NHS work experience and love it. My girlfriend is Sri Lankan. Is this because of the colour of their skin? No. In fact I barely notice it. The discussion never comes up. Have I betrayed my own race and heritage? No, I have white friends too and am very proud of some of my country's achievements. I like people because they are great people, their skin colour and culture play no part. But without immigration I'd never have met half of them.

Nor are they this 'alien culture' as is often portrayed - they often retain their cultural ties within the family, but in the real world function as any 'British citizen' would, or more crudely speaking my 'white friends'.

The immigration debate will die out within a generation. Second generation immigrants fully assimilate. 'Natives' such as myself who grow up with them realize there are no differences. Its rare to see youngsters hold these anti-immigration views - we are not brainwashed or forced into accepting them, we actually do accept them! If you look past the groaning and moaning middle England, you can see the youth of a multicultural society accepting one another and realizing immigrants are the same as us. Multiculturalism has worked, we just have to wait for this next generation to come of age.

But I'm just a loony lefty
    Hit the nail on the head. You think second generation of certain groups integrate more? They are the ones setting up the Shariah courts and no go areas. They are the ones joining ISIS or not informing the security services of those who do.

Multiculturalism has worked? Nothing multi-culti about London, Luton, etc. Certain groups just stay together in their community in ghettos. Look at a map of Leicester by ethnicity-it is a huge ghetto.

The loony left talk about multi multiculturalism not realising that actually in many communities there are NOT multiple cultures; just ghettos.

ReputationRep:
    It's already over, when the new arrivals in the EU get their passports and visa it's over to the UK, thanks to freedom of movement the migrants keep saying we love you Angela in English.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Betelgeuse-)
    You have more faith than me. People are stupid

The dumb cow. She voted Tory in her position. I am glad she is finding it tough now. If you are so stupid you self harm, despite all the warnings, you deserve it. I am glad she is unhappy because she will learn from this mistake I imagine. Some people learn from the mistakes of others, and I hope this kind never make mistakes. Some only learn from their mistakes-and this is her.
    Oh, and having four kids and a dog without a man around is just plain retarded.
    Honestly, so many multi-culti claptrap talking nutters on here. Denying the clear facts. Well they can vote for suicide, if they do I am leaving the country. If these people could address the points made in the below post 11;
    http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show...5#post60198355

I would appreciate it. the lefties on here love talking but when you put facts to them they disappear like cockroaches from the light.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Catholic_)
    Trying to destroy an entire continent for no reason and 22 homogenous countries for the greed of cultures and people who exist elsewhere, sounds legitimate, who do you think the racists are?
    These people genuinely want to destroy the West. They are like Trojan Horses. They get in pretending to be refugees (passing many safe countries) then try and destroy the country from within. See the below-they want to kill the kuffars.

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show....php?t=3678051

If Europe does not sort itself out really soon I am leaving. No way will I have kids here. Those that wish to destroy civilised life will conquer it not on the battlefield but by the womb. They will arrive in huger numbers, breed like rabbits fed by benefits and you think things are bad now (see the link here and my above post)?

Just wait until their kids start joining them in their attack of the West.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by i<3milkshake)
    Hit the nail on the head. You think second generation of certain groups integrate more? They are the ones setting up the Shariah courts and no go areas. They are the ones joining ISIS or not informing the security services of those who do.

Multiculturalism has worked? Nothing multi-culti about London, Luton, etc. Certain groups just stay together in their community in ghettos. Look at a map of Leicester by ethnicity-it is a huge ghetto.

The loony left talk about multi multiculturalism not realising that actually in many communities there are NOT multiple cultures; just ghettos.
    Hey, uh, there is this little thing called evidence. Yeah, you need it for assertions like that. I live in London, I can promise you everything you just said is completely wrong. Second Gen setting up Shariah courts? Prove it. Ghettoisation? Looked up the Leicester ethnicity map - vast majority of city districts which have significant Hindu/Muslim populations are around 30-50%. There are literally about 3 or 4 which are anywhere near 70%.

You are factually wrong. You have to understand this - this isn't my opinion, you are simply factually incorrect. Adjust your views accordingly.

ReputationRep:
    Hey, uh, there is this little thing called evidence. Yeah, you need it for assertions like that. I live in London, I can promise you everything you just said is completely wrong. Second Gen setting up Shariah courts? Prove it. Ghettoisation? Looked up the Leicester ethnicity map - vast majority of city districts which have significant Hindu/Muslim populations are around 30-50%. There are literally about 3 or 4 which are anywhere near 70%.

You are factually wrong. You have to understand this - this isn't my opinion, you are simply factually incorrect. Adjust your views accordingly.
    Go to Southall and Tower Hamlets. Anyone disagreeing with me, go to these places. The latter has rigged elections like the Middle East.
    Prove their are Shariah courts. Another troll here. You are on my ignore list as well. Use google.
    http://www.gatestoneinstitute.org/55...s-muslim-women
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Muslim...ation_Tribunal

I'm not googling for you any more. Now you have the proof, now put your head in the sand.

Like I said above, like the other troll you seem to have great difficulty using google. Asking for proof of the blatantly obvious. There are some links for you, go look at them, also use google, and blocked. Too many trolls here ignoring all the links but simply asking for more and more.

ReputationRep:
    The dumb cow. She voted Tory in her position. I am glad she is finding it tough now. If you are so stupid you self harm, despite all the warnings, you deserve it
    Ah, I see now, you are a thoroughly dis-likable person. I guess my time here trying to present a rational analysis is wasted. I hope you aren't like this in real life - if you are I honestly feel sorry for you.

ReputationRep:
    Go to Southall and Tower Hamlets. Anyone disagreeing with me, go to these places. The latter has rigged elections like the Middle East.
    Prove their are Shariah courts. Another troll here. You are on my ignore list as well. Use google.
    http://www.gatestoneinstitute.org/55...s-muslim-women
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Muslim...ation_Tribunal

I'm not googling for you any more. Now you have the proof, now put your head in the sand.

Like I said above, like the other troll you seem to have great difficulty using google. Asking for proof of the blatantly obvious. There are some links for you, go look at them, also use google, and blocked. Too many trolls here ignoring all the links but simply asking for more and more.
    Actually, if you read what I said, I said prove they are set up by second generations, which you have still failed to do.

ReputationRep:
    Oh dear. Blocking me rather than debate me? I can only hope people reading this see how ludicrous this is, and see how wrong you are

ReputationRep:
    Actually, if you read what I said, I said prove they are set up by second generations, which you have still failed to do.
    Look at the age of the ISIS recruits; look at those using social media. Look at the age of those in the courts. The evidence is there; you just don't like it. Countless stats have been compiled; you afraid of google? It won't blow itself up in rage, it isn't easily offended or violent or anything. Try using it.
    And the mere presence of these courts is bad enough; just ask Thersa May and Boris Johnson (another google job for you). You just gloss over that huge fact. Lol.

Oh dear. Blocking me rather than debate me? I can only hope people reading this see how ludicrous this is, and see how wrong you are
    When the lefties on here adress the many links I have posted, then you can call that debating. You lot aren't debating-you get a topic, ignore it and ask for another. And another. And another.
    Have any of you, after many pages addressed my points right on page 1?
    About the no go areas.
    Prison problem.
    Etc etc I shan't repeat myself.

The fact is that you lot are not debating. I have provided far more evidence than any of you. When you get given some stats that you ask for you just ignore them (I guess explaining the truth is hard for you).

So that is why you are blocked; you have completely failed to even remotely discuss or disprove with stats (ironic since you lot are so fond of them) any of the points I originally made.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Catholic_)
    Care to explain

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ~Seraphina~)
    Thank you for the feedback. Watch this video to see how the Europeans react with fear whenever the issue of whether immigration and UK should pull out of the EU comes up for discussion. Very revealing! Watch from 4:57 onwards. Let me know what you guys think.

The video is the usual dynamic. There is the person who is calm and presents a helpful, dispassionate assessment of what is happening and the best thing to do to tackle it. Then we have the people that ignore pertinent facts presented and proceed to hammer home a loud emotional clueless plan of jus let them all in! Playing on a false sense of guilt and a false sense of the facts of the numbers. Funny how those who would open all the borders ALWAYS totally ignore the fact that only a small percentage are Syrian refugees and a large percentage are economic migrants. Even the host presenter moves on quickly when someone says that only 20% are Syrian refugees. I can only logically surmise that those who want to just fling open the borders when there are better solutions, must hate Europe and want it to die. I don't know why they would hate their own society so much to wilfully wish to destroy it. It is pure ignorance.

ReputationRep:
    You do realise that most people who vote for the right wing Brexit parities don't want you here either? The rhetoric of these voters is always, "this country is full", "there aren't enough houses", "I don't want to loose green space", "our NHS won't cope", etc etc
    And you see those arguments as invalid in themselves do you? Well there is an undeniable truth to them that even you cannot ignore. If you want to deny that then I reckon you have no love of Britain or affinity with it but just see it as a place a country to be filled with immigrants? You're on a mission to subvert the present balance of the country and don't care if you break it apart. You have your own agenda.

ReputationRep:
    Grown up adults also understand how the Tories haven't sufficiently boosted the AD in the economy but instead gone to prevent inflation-the wrong priority at such a time. Well, educated ones. Troll.
    Oh wow, you're even more misinformed than your previous posts suggest.

Yeah, if crime was a profession these barbarian hordes would be right up there. If rape was in the olympics some groups would be VERY over-represented that is for sure. Sadly for you it isn't
    Are you saying the majority of immigrants are criminals?

Stopped reading at your again failed troll attempt regarding the economy.
    Of course you stopped reading. When someone has entrenched views (in this case racist ones), it's always very painful for them when they are subjected to evidence and critique.

"Racist rhetoric on the internet?" Lol. Again, only a troll needs it explained to them how crap London is. Only a troll asks for already provided links regarding no go areas. I mean you ask for these links, get them, them just ignore them.
    You provided no links at all. Is this all part of your delusional state of mind?

Tell me where the no go areas are

Tell me the areas you've been to and got "Mogadishuesque" vibes.

You've been asked time and time again for this, but you keep on failing and just running away from the question.

What is the matter sweetie? Can't bear to see your fellow Muslims (you on your profile say you are an ex Muslim) ruining Europe?
    Muslims extremists cause problems in Europe. Racist extremists (like you) cause problems in Europe. You're both a problem that feed off eachother's hate and prejudice.

Just visit London. Yuck in so many areas.
    I live in London. I've never encountered a no-go area, or a place that felt like Mogadishu.

So tell me, which areas of London have you been to which you feel are no-go and are like Mogadishu? Can't? Just as we all suspected.

I generally try to avoid talking to your kind anyway
    (the trolls), so ignore list for you.
    Funny, given you are the one trolling.....

ReputationRep:
    Look at the age of the ISIS recruits; look at those using social media. Look at the age of those in the courts. The evidence is there; you just don't like it. Countless stats have been compiled; you afraid of google? It won't blow itself up in rage, it isn't easily offended or violent or anything. Try using it.
    And the mere presence of these courts is bad enough; just ask Thersa May and Boris Johnson (another google job for you). You just gloss over that huge fact. Lol.

When the lefties on here adress the many links I have posted, then you can call that debating. You lot aren't debating-you get a topic, ignore it and ask for another. And another. And another.
    Have any of you, after many pages addressed my points right on page 1?
    About the no go areas.
    Prison problem.
    Etc etc I shan't repeat myself.

The fact is that you lot are not debating. I have provided far more evidence than any of you. When you get given some stats that you ask for you just ignore them (I guess explaining the truth is hard for you).

So that is why you are blocked; you have completely failed to even remotely discuss or disprove with stats (ironic since you lot are so fond of them) any of the points I originally made.
    I agree with your point. This is the disturbing pattern of the Hard Left and the Islamist fascists. They do not debate squarely or fairly. They selectively pick and choose to suit their political aims. They have no respect for objective truth and doing what is right. So there is no quality debate. Debate is undermined. They can't win by fair and sober debate. They can't bear to admit they might have things wrong. The truth unfolds in a proper debate and there is much to be learned on both sides. But I guess it's too frightening for some, as it may be contra to their own aims and convictions.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Betelgeuse-)
    We are not even close to Sweden thank god. They are gone, dead. Censor and suppress anything that makes immigration look bad
    I believe we are going the way of Sweden because expressing alternative views to the norm openly, is becoming more and more taboo. People are scared stiff to speak honestly for fear of criticism. The pressure to conform from those who raise their voices in ridicule and the growing fear of the average Brit to speak openly on important issues reveals growing fear of social stigma. People are only human after all. Not all of us have the strength to speak forthrightly and honestly in such an Orwellian climate. Personally I prefer not to be gagged as I see that as a non-option. As Socrates said, "The unexamined life is not worth living" and as Aristotle wrote, "It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it".

ReputationRep:
    As I said, the video opened terribly "It's the ultimate example of liberalism run rampant, liberalism gone mad, and I made a video made a video 3 or 4 month ago called Absolute Proof Liberalism is a Mental Disorder talking about some politicians in Sweden are calling for ISIS militants welfare and jobs when they return to Sweden"

So from the outset the speaker clearly has absolutely no clue what Liberalism is (as well as confusing Socialism of the Social Democrats with Liberalism).

And then the video descended into crazy-ass victimhood delusions about how the Sweden Democrats are persecuted in a totalitarian state (note this is exactly how UKIP portrays itself by its activists at grassroots level, since it cannot get legitimacy and support through talent, intellect or practicality of its politicans, and instead has to get sympathy as the underdog......which is exactly what Islamists in the West do as well)

Sorry mate, it's a total fail of a video
    So yeah, you're not interested in listening to what they have to say on the topic and you seek to malign them with your generalisations. How intelligent.

Poll
Do I go to The Streets tomorrow night?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.