Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

a453 ocr computing - Maths Quiz watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    If you used a database i cannot help but if you used a text file to save the results then you need to program python to open the file and then sort the data accordingly. You need to use

for line in lines:

and then organise each of the scores to be in all of the orders. You could either ask the user how they want the scores to be ordered using an input or you could show them organised in each way. Then you would repeat this for each of the text files you have made. I can't give you my code for obvious reasons but I hope it helped.

I just need help on how much to write tbh. How much has everyone in this thread written. I know quantity<quality but just asking.

ReputationRep:
    Hi, can you help me on outputting the information in alphabetical order

ReputationRep:
    im struggling with a453 , can i get a examplar

ReputationRep:
    could i have like an example of a code that some has used

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by doughnuts150)
    Hi, can you help me on outputting the information in alphabetical order
    Thats what I really need help on,and theres no information to help me not even my teacheer can help
    • Political Ambassador
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    Welcome Squad
    (Original post by Jrp051)
    Hi,
    I managed to do task 1 and task 2 with ease.
    a) A primary school teacher wants a computer program to test the basic arithmetic skills of her students. The program should generate a quiz consisting of a series of random questions, using in each case any two numbers and addition, subtraction and multiplication. The system should ask the student’s name, then ask 10 questions, output if the answer to each question is correct or not and produce a final score out of 10. Create a program to meet these requirements.b) The teacher wants to keep track of the scores each member of the class obtains in the quiz. There are three classes in the school and the data should be kept separately for each class. Create a program that will record and store the data for three separate classes of students using the arithmetic quiz.c) The teacher wants to use the results from students taking these quizzes to log their performance. The system should store >the last three scores for each student. The teacher would like to be able to output the results of the quiz for a particular class, sorted: • in alphabetical order with each student’s highest score for the tests • by the highest score, highest to lowest • by the average score, highest to lowest. Create a program that will allow the teacher to select which class group to look at and which field to use when sorting the output data.
    above shows the task.
    I dont understand how you can save 3 scores attached to one student using txt files. I managed to sort alphabeticallly using the built in sorted() function however am stuck on the other two. this is confussing my WHOLE class so i assume others are in the same situation. This is very frustrating as I find writing the report very easy as I am compotent in english and predicted a/a* at iGCSE.
    ps. Yes I know my grammar and writting in this thread is atrocious .
    Same here lol, I've easily done task 1 and 2 but I need the programming code to complete task 3

ReputationRep:
    Omg! I am stuck on the same thing! I have done take 1 and task 2. I just don't understand how to do task 3! Can anyone explain to me how to do it!? Not just tell me acctually explain why?

ReputationRep:
    What code did you use for task 2 because i cant get mine to work also what is the the flowchart for task 2

ReputationRep:
    Same

ReputationRep:
    GG

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: February 6, 2017
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.