Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Do TSR people ever meet up for nights out IRL? watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Reue)
    I left uni
    Ah, I thought you meant there were dedicated threads to organizing meetups throughout the years etc.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JD1lla)
    Ah, I thought you meant there were dedicated threads to organizing meetups throughout the years etc.
    There was back in my unis subforum

ReputationRep:
    I'd probably be up for it tbh, but I don't think it's really the done thing.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CherryCherryBoomBoom)
    I'd probably be up for it tbh, but I don't think it's really the done thing.
    In what sense?

ReputationRep:
    In what sense?
    It's very easy to chat to loads of strangers on the internet, but when it comes to meeting up, no one can be bothered, or if they do then it's only the once for a meetup in a pub. In my experience anyway. I'm quite a loner and I've complained in the past on TSR about having no one to go on nights out with, partly in the slight hope that someone will message me to become a clubbing buddy, but it's never happened :sigh:

ReputationRep:
    It's very easy to chat to loads of strangers on the internet, but when it comes to meeting up, no one can be bothered, or if they do then it's only the once for a meetup in a pub. In my experience anyway. I'm quite a loner and I've complained in the past on TSR about having no one to go on nights out with, partly in the slight hope that someone will message me to become a clubbing buddy, but it's never happened :sigh:
    This makes me sad! If there are people on here that genuinely want to do something I'd happily organize it. It makes me sad hearing about people who want to do things but don't have anybody to do them with!

ReputationRep:
    Ohai ther!

ReputationRep:
    How horrible, it will be like the annual party at the Greens or Lib dem conference

ReputationRep:
    Yeah it was fun

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TSR Mustafa)
    Loads of introverts in one place , the awkwardness would be immeasurable.
    Introversion-extroversion is a spectrum rather than a binary - the vast majority aren't one or the other, but something in between. Can't speak for the whole of TSR, but me personally, as someone mostly leaning towards introversion, I actually enjoy interaction and having fun with people, it's just not something I'd have the energy to do constantly, and I don't thrive off it like an extrovert would.

I'd actually be up for a meet up, with a few caveats. I've been on here long enough now to have made and lost a friend here and there, and I don't know if I'd turn up if said former friends were there; it'd just be very awkward. Also, the travel; I don't yet drive and can't afford the train, so I'd have to put anything off until I can. Starting a job within the next few weeks, though, so maybe that'll set me up. But yeah, aside from those, I'd probably be up for a meetup.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hashim123)
    Introversion-extroversion is a spectrum rather than a binary - the vast majority aren't one or the other, but something in between. Can't speak for the whole of TSR, but me personally, as someone mostly leaning towards introversion, I actually enjoy interaction and having fun with people, it's just not something I'd have the energy to do constantly, and I don't thrive off it like an extrovert would.

I'd actually be up for a meet up, with a few caveats. I've been on here long enough now to have made and lost a friend here and there, and I don't know if I'd turn up if said former friends were there; it'd just be very awkward. Also, the travel; I don't yet drive and can't afford the train, so I'd have to put anything off until I can. Starting a job within the next few weeks, though, so maybe that'll set me up. But yeah, aside from those, I'd probably be up for a meetup.

Yeah i'd agree majority of people interchange introversion and extroversion.

ReputationRep:
    I said night out. So 18+, do people actually talk about grades? Even during freshers nobody asked eachother what grades they got etc.
    That was the opening line at my freshers. Everyone asked each other that.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by callum_law)
    That was the opening line at my freshers. Everyone asked each other that.
    Seriously?! Lucky I didn't have that experience. I think the first thing we did was get ready for the night out and play 'Never Have I Ever'. Finding the (usually one) person who had anal in the group is always a great ice breaker.

ReputationRep:
    Seriously?! Lucky I didn't have that experience. I think the first thing we did was get ready for the night out and play 'Never Have I Ever'. Finding the (usually one) person who had anal in the group is always a great ice breaker.
    Aye, bud. Really. But I mean as in the the very first line "Where are you from? What are you studying? Did you make it to the uni without getting lost? Oh, what did you do and get for you A-Levels?" The questions about rimjobs generally come out after the aforementioned questions, in my experience.

ReputationRep:
    Aye, bud. Really. But I mean as in the the very first line "Where are you from? What are you studying? Did you make it to the uni without getting lost? Oh, what did you do and get for you A-Levels?" The questions about rimjobs generally come out after the aforementioned questions, in my experience.
    Hahah that's interesting. Mine was like "Hey, I'm *insert name here*, hurry up and get ready, where is your drink?"

ReputationRep:
    This makes me sad! If there are people on here that genuinely want to do something I'd happily organize it. It makes me sad hearing about people who want to do things but don't have anybody to do them with!
    Ah, no worries. Things are a wee bit better for me now. I went travelling on my own for a bit where it was quite easy to find people to go on nights out with and stuff, and then I met my boyfriend and moved to his city, so I've got him to go out with a lot. I've also met people through him, I've been on nights out alone and met people, and I've also made a raving buddy on a friend-making website who I went out with just this weekend

But yeah, it does suck when you're in such a situation and no one wants to help you out, so you just figure out stuff for yourself like I did. That's kind of you, and if you did decide to organise something and it was reasonable for me to travel to, I'd probably be up for it :yep:

(Original post by Bupdeeboowah)
    Ohai ther!
    :wavey:

ReputationRep:
    Hahah that's interesting. Mine was like "Hey, I'm *insert name here*, hurry up and get ready, where is your drink?"
    Did you arrive at the uni at 9pm or something? I like the idea to this day you still don't know what your flatmates study.

ReputationRep:
    Did you arrive at the uni at 9pm or something? I like the idea to this day you still don't know what your flatmates study.
    No I arrived 2 weeks before everybody else. I didn't hear everybody arrive because the doors were solid and I play music quite loud. I got a knock on my door and my house mates were already getting ready and socializing.

ReputationRep:
    I went to a meet up about a year ago. Let's just say there wasn't the best turnout!

But if you plan on setting something up I'll definitely try to come along.

ReputationRep:
    If you came out wid me it would be nothing but bants

Posted from TSR Mobile

Poll
Are you going to a festival?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.