Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Who's been to the states? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Student403)
    I was 10 at the time (in las vegas)..

11 at night, walking down the main strip and suddenly a clearly overweight man in a bra and panties comes out of some side street thing and starts cooing at me as I walk past, trying my hardest not to look.

Yeah. Vegas...
    Just the normal, casual stuff going on there

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by grvcex97)
    Just the normal, casual stuff going on there
    Considering the fact that I'd lived in conservative Middle Eastern territory for the last 5 years, it seemed 10x more wtf to me. :L

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by chantalc)
    ah okay.
    If you're 21 in Vegas with good company, I guarantee you'll have a great time - probably won't remember much of it, though lol

ReputationRep:
    If you're 21 in Vegas with good company, I guarantee you'll have a great time - probably won't remember much of it, though lol
    yah, I'll probably go sometime looks fun
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Welcome Squad
    (Original post by qwerty123A)
    I havent been yet but Im going next year to New York and maybe San Francisco next to my cousins. Even though Ive never been, I love the US (apart from the feds lool). Also want to visit LA but i'll see how it goes.
    I live in the US in California near Los Angeles. I absolutely love San Francisco. If you can manage to get down and take a nice drive through Carmel you'll really enjoy it. Carmel is really beautiful.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by elen90)
    I've been to New York and DC. Loved them!

New York for the atmosphere, DC for the history.
    If you want to experience something new go to San Francisco/Santa Cruz or Seattle! I love D.C. too

ReputationRep:
    Very festive and jazzy. Great and lively nightlife!
    Anything like the Gaslamp Quarter?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JD1lla)
    Anything like the Gaslamp Quarter?
    Yeah, they're quite similar

ReputationRep:
    See the west coast if you get a chance. It's much different from the east coast.
    Will be visiting Seattle on my roadtrip (: Would like to go further south, but don't have the time. Already have my holidays for the next few years planned, but would like to do it some day!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TattyBoJangles)
    Will be visiting Seattle on my roadtrip (: Would like to go further south, but don't have the time. Already have my holidays for the next few years planned, but would like to do it some day!
    Yesss, finally someone who's going to Seattle! It is one of my favorite places ever. Make sure you not only go into the city, but go out into the forest and nature-y stuff to get the full PNW experience. Hope you have fun!

ReputationRep:
    Ah you again...
    Meanie

ReputationRep:
    Went to San Francisco when I was about 4, don't remember anything except this being in awe of some random building with a dragon head that breathed out fake smoke every minute or so...

ReputationRep:
    I have been to america several times and still hate it. I didn't go to visit though

ReputationRep:
    Yes, lucky enough to have visited Flordia several times for the theme parks and New York once.

ReputationRep:
    I was 10 at the time (in las vegas)..

11 at night, walking down the main strip and suddenly a clearly overweight man in a bra and panties comes out of some side street thing and starts cooing at me as I walk past, trying my hardest not to look.

Yeah. Vegas...
    That could of been me. I'm sorry man...

ReputationRep:
    That could of been me. I'm sorry man...
    The guy was black :I

ReputationRep:
    The guy was black :I
    Yeah I get pretty messy on a night out. I've lost weight since though. Again apologies

ReputationRep:
    Yeah I get pretty messy on a night out. I've lost weight since though. Again apologies
    ._.

ReputationRep:
    ._.
    Nah i'm messin.

I don't coo at people.

ReputationRep:
    Nah i'm messin.

I don't coo at people.
    Ah. The cooing part is a no, then.

All the rest of it though... That you?

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.