The Student Room Group

2016 FCA Supervision Graduate Development Programme

Scroll to see replies

Reply 80
in regard to the telephone interview. did anyone receive a different question to the ones listed below?

please your help is greatly needed.

Thank you

Original post by CompliNut
The answer is that the phone interview questions definitely do vary a bit.

Questions I got:
Why do you think you are well-suited for the FCA?
What excites you about working for the FCA?
Where does the FCA fit into your career aspirations?
Why do you think that the FCA is important to financial services?
What challenges do you see the FCA facing?
What achievement of the FCA really stands out for you?
What extra-curricular activities have you done that you think will prepare you well for working at the FCA?
What examples of outside experience do you have that can display your level of commercial awareness in financial services? (if no direct experience, can refer to things you've read about FS)
What is your general style of influencing someone to come around to your way of thinking - tell me about a time you influenced someone to come around to your way of thinking.
Tell me about a time when you could not have achieved success without the help of others.
Original post by mco10
in regard to the telephone interview. did anyone receive a different question to the ones listed below?

please your help is greatly needed.

Thank you

Gosh, all the unresponsive people here are so helpful.

If you've prepared to answer questions that are like these, then you'll likely be fine. It's not the real crunchtime, just a screening interview with outsourced staff where you have to talk on the phone for half an hour and sound convincing.

Variants won't diverge greatly from a line of questioning of: what are your motivations wanting to work here, what do you know about the work we do and its significance, and competency based questions around how well you are skilled for the role/why you'd be a great fit by showing good judgment & decision-making in the actions you took during a previous scenario.
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 82

If you've prepared to answer questions that are like these, then you'll likely be fine. It's not the real crunchtime, just a screening interview with outsourced staff where you have to talk on the phone for half an hour and sound convincing.

Variants won't diverge greatly from a line of questioning of: what are your motivations wanting to work here, what do you know about the work we do and its significance, and competency based questions around how well you are skilled for the role/why you'd be a great fit by showing good judgment & decision-making in the actions you took during a previous scenario.

thank you very much for your reply.

had my interview last tuesday,

i didnt have an immediate invite to the AC but this is for the summer internship

my status says. application on hold, we'll get back to you shortly regarding the next reruitment process.

so im really hoping to her back by tomorrow.

thank you again
Reply 83

can someone please advice on the assessment centre please?what is the best way to approach the wriiten exercise?they said interview is motivational interview, are there any behavioral questions asked, do i also prepare for competency questions?please i need help, i really want this summer internship.thank you
Hi Guys,

I completed the telephone interview on January 5th and was just invited to attend an Assessment Centre for the Business and Technology Graduate Scheme. Does anyone know how competitive the scheme is?

Thanks
Reply 85
Original post by Proficient1
Hi Guys,

I completed the telephone interview on January 5th and was just invited to attend an Assessment Centre for the Business and Technology Graduate Scheme. Does anyone know how competitive the scheme is?

Thanks

when is your AC ?
I think is quite competitive.. I dont think they take in a lot of graduates like banks do
Original post by mco10
when is your AC ?
I think is quite competitive.. I dont think they take in a lot of graduates like banks do

My AC is in the first week of February.
Anyone got an offer so far?
Reply 88
When did you guys find out about AC after the telephone interview?
I'd like to know has anybody found out from them: if an offer is made, when does work start?
Also, if you found out from them, what is the probability of being hired from the final stage pool (i.e. number of places, relative to, number of final stage candidates invited for wholesale supervision ACs - what are these respective figures)?
Reply 90
Hi,

Anybody still waiting to hear back from doing the motivational questions, I think I submitted mine around middle December and only got an email on the 8th Jan thanking me for my patience and saying I'd be updated in a few days. Reading various threads it seems like people have already attended AC's and had telephone interviews, does this mean I'm on the brink of rejection?
Original post by Double00

Still waiting to hear back from doing motivational questions, submitted mine around middle December and only got an email on the 8th Jan saying I'd be updated in a few days. Other people have already attended AC's and had telephone interviews; does this mean I'm on the brink of rejection?

Not necessarily, because they do the recruitment process over a number of months accepting applications throughout. People who've already had their interviews & assessments likely applied before you did.

If you want to find out what's going on, call GTI solutions' London office on 0207 061 1900, make sure they put you through to the FCA grad recruitment team and ask them. Or email [email protected]
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 92
Not necessarily, because they do the recruitment process over a number of months accepting applications throughout. People who've already had their interviews & assessments likely applied before you did.

If you want to find out what's going on, call GTI solutions' London office on 0207 061 1900, make sure they put you through to the FCA grad recruitment team and ask them. Or email [email protected]

Thanks mate, I'll post an update when I get one
For those waiting to hear back from assessment centres: apparently the latest you will hear back is Feb 19th, depending on which programme you went for.
Reply 94
For those waiting to hear back from assessment centres: apparently the latest you will hear back is Feb 19th, depending on which programme you went for.

have you had your assessment centre?
Original post by smertzios
EXACT same thing! That's just very bad :frown:((((( So is it final there's NO other AC days?

Sorry for the late reply. Didn't see that you quoted me.

Just this week I've been offered to attend another AC for an alternative role on the graduate programme. So, I guess they do try and get you onto an AC date if you pass the telephone interview.
My AC for the Business & Technology solutions graduate scheme is this Thursday. I'm hyped!
Reply 97
Passed the telephone interview but told there are no ACs left. Does anyone know what this might lead to?
Original post by roseh92
Passed the telephone interview but told there are no ACs left. Does anyone know what this might lead to?

What graduate scheme did you apply for?

Also, they may offer you an AC for an alternative scheme depending on how well you performed in the interview.
(edited 8 years ago)
Has anyone had a rejection/job offers who had the AC in Jan?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending