Turn on thread page Beta
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    (Original post by mobbsy91)
    Are we sure this isn't just a dupe account of Aph's...?
    A person so right wing? Yeah I'm sure
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by Aph)
    Yeah, Andy makes Ayn Rand look like Jeremy Corbyn
    • Very Important Poster
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    Study Helper
    (Original post by Aph)
    Could all be part of the cover
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by Aph)
    It would be a sensible dupe
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    (Original post by James Milibanter)
    Yeah, Andy makes Ayn Rand look like Jeremy Corbyn
    We'll compare his political compass to mine
    Could all be part of the cover
    I'm more likely to be you. Positioning myself as DL in every party, just hanging below the radar and then one day I'll kick out everyone with user group privalages and because total dictator of the whole of teh MHoC.
    (Original post by Jammy Duel)
    It would be a sensible dupe
    Not really.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by Aph)
    We'll compare his political compass to mine.
    You're left of him, that wouldn't be a surprise, but he's in no way right wing.
    • Very Important Poster
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    Study Helper
    (Original post by Aph)
    We'll compare his political compass to mine

I'm more likely to be you. Positioning myself as DL in every party, just hanging below the radar and then one day I'll kick out everyone with user group privalages and because total dictator of the whole of teh MHoC.

Not really.
    Don't know what you're going to do with privalages, but even with usergroup privileges, you wouldn't be able to kick out the others who have the privileges.
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    You're left of him, that wouldn't be a surprise, but he's in no way right wing.
    You used to be barely right of me. You've changed a lot. And I said too right wing. That doesn't mean he is right just that he is not enough left
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    Don't know what you're going to do with privalages, but even with usergroup privileges, you wouldn't be able to kick out the others who have the privileges.
    Actually you can.
    • Wiki Support Team
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by Aph)
    You used to be barely right of me. You've changed a lot. And I said too right wing. That doesn't mean he is right just that he is not enough left
    Are you claiming your democratically elected Leader is not left-wing enough for your party?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    (Original post by PetrosAC)
    Are you claiming your democratically elected Leader is not left-wing enough for your party?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Not at all. The party is moving right. I'm just pointing out he isn't as left as me
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by TheDefiniteArticle)
    State intervention in the economy is a necessary element of leftism, and therefore cannot be said really to be authoritarian in a left-wing party.

Your EU spiel is complete *******s. It restricts the state's freedom; NOT the freedom of individuals beyond the extent to which substantive EU law does (but many of these laws would likely be enacted in the UK anyway).
    State intervention is authoritarian, just because a lot of left wingers believe it's normal doesn't change the fact it's authoritarian.
    EU laws restrict the individual concerning health and safety and fishing for example, they are not free on what they can do but have to throw away dead fish etc.
    • Wiki Support Team
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by Aph)
    Not at all. The party is moving right. I'm just pointing out he isn't as left as me
    So you're too left-wing for the Left-Wing Green Party?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    (Original post by PetrosAC)
    So you're too left-wing for the Left-Wing Green Party?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Not at all. The Green Party is now the broadest church in the house.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by Aph)
    I haven't changed at all, just the way that I take the political compass. I used to take it under the assumption that this would be a society purely of my own making, however if I take within the context of our current situation then I appear less extreme but left wing none the less. For example, "what's best for the corporations is ultimately best for us", I used to strongly disagree because I'd like a society in which the people themselves are put first, but now I'd have to simply disagree because I concede that under the corporatist structure of the UK when the corporations do a bit better, within reason of course, the people do become better off. Now, I'm still a lefty because I would do all within my power to make sure that the people ultimately do become better off, I'd change tax laws so they're not so easy to get around, have a decent living wage, ensure that the state can provide a good quality of life through council houses, the NHS, the education system and ensure that most workers are unionised and hold some level of power. All this even though I'd rather a completely anarcho syndicalist system, I haven't moved any closer to the centre, I've just changed my outlook slightly in the name of pragmatism.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by Aph)
    Not at all. The Green Party is now the broadest church in the house.
    How right is the most right?
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    (Original post by Jammy Duel)
    How right is the most right?
    Center right.

I haven't changed at all, just the way that I take the political compass. I used to take it under the assumption that this would be a society purely of my own making, however if I take within the context of our current situation then I appear less extreme but left wing none the less. For example, "what's best for the corporations is ultimately best for us", I used to strongly disagree because I'd like a society in which the people themselves are put first, but now I'd have to simply disagree because I concede that under the corporatist structure of the UK when the corporations do a bit better, within reason of course, the people do become better off. Now, I'm still a lefty because I would do all within my power to make sure that the people ultimately do become better off, I'd change tax laws so they're not so easy to get around, have a decent living wage, ensure that the state can provide a good quality of life through council houses, the NHS, the education system and ensure that most workers are unionised and hold some level of power. All this even though I'd rather a completely anarcho syndicalist system, I haven't moved any closer to the centre, I've just changed my outlook slightly in the name of pragmatism.
    So you are corrupting your values and coping out on your beliefs?
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by balanced)
    State intervention is authoritarian, just because a lot of left wingers believe it's normal doesn't change the fact it's authoritarian.
    EU laws restrict the individual concerning health and safety and fishing for example, they are not free on what they can do but have to throw away dead fish etc.
    I'm not going to go into the EU, the regulation is probably the one thing that I actually like about it.

State intervention, especially in the interests to protect the liberties of the people, is not at all authoritarian. You may believe that the minimum wage is authoritarian as it removes an employers liberty to pay their employees the wage they like, however the minimum wage also protects the employee from exploitative labour. Telling a company that they can only make someone work for less than 70 hours a week may infringe the employers liberty to employ someone for however long they like but that very same rule protects the employee. I'm a lefty because I think people come before business, though as a moderate I understand that they must work together.
    • Very Important Poster
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    Study Helper
    (Original post by Aph)
    Actually you can.
    Even still, with the privalages you seem to think you have, you wouldn't be able to.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by Aph)
    Center right.

So you are corrupting your values and coping out on your beliefs?
    How centre right though

Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.