Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Do you consider yourself a feminist? watch

Announcements
  • View Poll Results: Do you consider yourself a feminist?
    Yes, I support feminism and wear the label proudly
    32.96%
    Only in the sense that I support equal rights for men and women, but I prefer to call myself an "egalitarian"
    54.75%
    No, I believe in traditional gender roles
    12.29%

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bupdeeboowah)
    In my experience trying to shove too many things up my body to please everyone usually to my vagina prolapsing.

The same goes with ill-thought theories.
    In my experience, people who post what you have and don't engage with the actual definition/branch of feminism are idiots or trolls. Unfortunately, you may well believe the tripe you just posted. Sigh.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sw651)
    Posted from TSR Mobile

Is egalitarianism not just extreme feminism, it certainly seems that way
    No, egalitarianism is the opposite of extreme feminism.
    the most extreme feminism calls for the 'death' of men as a sex, either via the use of genetic manipulation and waiting for them to die off, or just killing them all.
    Less extreme feminism calls for sexual segregation of male and female communities, and the use of technology to reproduce without one another.
    Even less extreme feminism calls for emasculation, or the de-masculinisation of men because masculinity is seen as negative.
    The least extreme feminism calls for the preferential treatment of women to men to 'even the scale' for women.

Egalitarianism says, 'all of you are ****, let's just treat everyone the same.'

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by thecatwithnohat)

sorry fems
    Thank you, rational person.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by a noble chance)
    Another poster said that they believed that feminism was a negative influence on gender equality.

You responded by saying that they just didn't 'understand' feminism. This is consistent with my post.
    Oh yes, saying that is very consistent with saying someone is evil and a woman-hater :rofl:

ReputationRep:
    Nobody in real life calls themselves an "egalitarian" lmao

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SmashConcept)
    Nobody in real life calls themselves an "egalitarian" lmao
    What do you think Fathers for Justice are?

ReputationRep:
    never

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hasan_Ahmed)
    What do you think Fathers for Justice are?
    Single issue activists.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Attics)
    Its called feminism for a reason.

Its like when black people started the "Black Lives Matter" movement only to be shut down by "all lives matter" , a racist inappropriate response to call black racist started by white people.
    Yes , obviously all lives matter , but black people are one of the most disadvantaged and marginalized races in the world , the movement was to highlight their struggle and to give them self-empowerment.

So yes , same goes here : it’s called feminism while advocating for gender equality is because females are the gender that are the underprivileged, underserved gender , you attain gender equality by advocating for the rights of the underprivileged gender.

Its women who are being constantly abused , undermined , raped , harrased(and dont even start with 'oh men are also abused and harased' we know that , and we acknowledge that , but we're talking in general) . We call somebody a pussy for being weak and we ask people to 'grow balls' if we want them to toughen up.
    lol as if the average TSR user agrees with the black lives matter campaign

ReputationRep:
    No, egalitarianism is the opposite of extreme feminism.
    the most extreme feminism calls for the 'death' of men as a sex, either via the use of genetic manipulation and waiting for them to die off, or just killing them all.
    Less extreme feminism calls for sexual segregation of male and female communities, and the use of technology to reproduce without one another.
    Even less extreme feminism calls for emasculation, or the de-masculinisation of men because masculinity is seen as negative.
    The least extreme feminism calls for the preferential treatment of women to men to 'even the scale' for women.

Egalitarianism says, 'all of you are ****, let's just treat everyone the same.'

Posted from TSR Mobile

I see, thanks for clearing it up

ReputationRep:
    Very far from it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SmashConcept)
    Single issue activists.
    Yes, it is single issue activism - but they have also shown that their ideas range beyond preferential treatment of women in only that issue. Some of you guys really need to get watching this series.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ua8T4nSTCWA
    • Welcome Squad

Welcome Squad
    Thank you, rational person.
    you're so very welcome

ReputationRep:
    Yes, it is single issue activism - but they have also shown that their ideas range beyond preferential treatment of women in only that issue. Some of you guys really need to get watching this series.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ua8T4nSTCWA
    This wasn't a very coherent post. You basically said that they're single issue activists for more than one issue, then you posted some kind of redpill video that I very much doubt has anything to do with Fathers4Justice.

Maybe try again?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ivybridge)
    Oh yes, saying that is very consistent with saying someone is evil and a woman-hater :rofl:
    Your position is that someone who opposes feminism on the grounds that it inflames gender inequality doesn't 'understand' feminism. This implies the arrogant belief that the only possibly correct understanding of feminism is as a force for improving gender equality, and that opposition to it is necessarily out of either miscomprehnsion or an active desire for the genders not to be equal (what many feminists would describe as misogynistic in this context).

ReputationRep:
    The black lives matter campaign would be good if it stopped calling the issues for many blacks, as well as people from other racial minorities in the US, as 'state violence', as if it was international. The same goes for feminism when it claims a state with zero misogynistic law has 'institutional misogyny' (i.e. it's codified in law), whereas those states actually have institutional misandry.
    Personal racism and sexism =/= institutional racism and sexism

ReputationRep:
    I've just thought of a joke.

Spoiler:
    Show
    Feminism :toofunny:

ReputationRep:
    The black lives matter campaign would be good if it stopped calling the issues for many blacks, as well as people from other racial minorities in the US, as 'state violence', as if it was international. The same goes for feminism when it claims a state with zero misogynistic law has 'institutional misogyny' (i.e. it's codified in law), whereas those states actually have institutional misandry.
    Personal racism and sexism =/= institutional racism and sexism
    example of institutional misandry , please ?

ReputationRep:
    Its women who are being constantly abused , undermined , raped , harrased(and dont even start with 'oh men are also abused and harased' we know that , and we acknowledge that , but we're talking in general) . We call somebody a pussy for being weak and we ask people to 'grow balls' if we want them to toughen up.
    If we're talking "in general", men are far more likely to be assaulted by a stranger, to be murdered, possibly even more likely to be raped (in some areas) given the prison situation and the probable higher lack of reporting there, to be considered guilty until proven innocent, to be denied custody rights, to die in the workplace and to commit suicide. Nobody is trying to allude to female genitalia when they call someone a pussy; the word has different meanings. We call somebody a **** for being rude or unkind, is that discrimination? Are we trying to suggest that penises are inherently bad? "Grow balls" is more about wanting people to fit into typical roles, not hating on women. Women will also be criticized (unfairly) for behaving in a perceived masculine manner; it's about expectations, not oppression of one gender.

ReputationRep:
    example of institutional misandry , please ?
    Sorry, uh. This is embarrassing. Someone else already proved to me yesterday that institutional misandry and misogyny no longer exist in the UK or USA. At this point it could shift towards institutional prejudice towards either direction. This may be a good video to demonstrate my views on this.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T09Bx6xoHSQ

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?
Useful resources
  • create my feed
  • edit my feed

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.