Turn on thread page Beta

PL Live: Chelsea v Liverpool 31/10 watch

Announcements
    • Community Assistant
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Political Ambassador
    What a cracker from COUTINHO!!! xD Very much deserved for #LFC , next stop is to sub someone off for Benteke.

ReputationRep:
    What a goal, game on chaps.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by trapking)
    have faith!!!!! The party will soon begin :ahee:
    :awesome:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SA-1)
    Referee didn't blow at 2 minutes.

#Campaign
    #AfraidOfGivingDecisions

Posted from TSR Mobile
    hahahahaha

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SA-1)

#Campaign
    #AfraidOfGivingDecisions

Posted from TSR Mobile
    #conspiracy

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MrsSheldonCooper)
    Did not see that goal coming
    The randomer I've never seen in the FF forum before sums it up perfectly.

ReputationRep:
    Was just thinking about my half time post and was thinking we should take off either Coutinho for Benteke (and then bring Firmino onto the right and move Milner left) or Can off for Benteke with Milner moves back into midfield.

What a goal by Coutinho though!! This is the difficult thing - even when he's having a 5/10 game, he's one of the very few in our squad who can give us the spectacular

Coutinhoooooooooooooooooooo!!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bubzeh)
    Hahahahaha yayyy :') Liverpool or Chelsea?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jam277)
    It's the type of balls that are played as well. Liverpool are way too narrow in their approach and require the fullbacks to get forward in order to cross. Our low block means that our defence are very deep with a lot of defenders to cross to. The way to stop this obviously is to move the ball out wide so that our defence is unsettled then try and switch the ball to the other side(Barcelona do this a lot with the Messi/Alba right to left switch) with the overlapping fullback. It gives them a bit more space since we are so compact this game in the defensive third.
    I guess Klopp doesn't want the overlapping fullback considering they'll be very susceptible to the counter-attack, but yeah crossing the ball with Terry in there is always going to be tough so they need someone who can match him/better physically/better in the air and they've got that in Benteke.

Don't think switching the ball will work with the players Liverpool have got. They've got that one big mistake in them and one switch could leave Ramires bursting through the middle.

ReputationRep:
    Really do hope Mou gives a post match interview

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bubzeh)
    football forum forum

ReputationRep:
    No idea why we just sat. Liverpool were there for the taking that first half. Our counter attacks are as **** as ever. We could've got through a couple of times.

ReputationRep:
    Dat emphasis on forum.

ReputationRep:
    That first goal by Chelsea was such a sucker punch. Frankly we've been the better side and we deserved that goal. Better possession, nicer passing, more half chances.

Should set it up for a better second half! Mourinho will rage after the game about how we scored after the injury time was up but who cares.

Hoping Benteke is fit for a 45 mins rather than just 15-20 mins. We've been given the freedom out wide with Clyne and Milner combining well so I think Benteke could score from that.
    • Community Assistant
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by Zerforax)
    Was just thinking about my half time post and was thinking we should take off either Coutinho for Benteke (and then bring Firmino onto the right and move Milner left) or Can off for Benteke with Milner moves back into midfield.

What a goal by Coutinho though!! This is the difficult thing - even when he's having a 5/10 game, he's one of the very few in our squad who can give us the spectacular

Coutinhoooooooooooooooooooo!!!
    I think Milner should be taken off for Benteke. Again that was a great goal by Coutinho.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lyrical Prodigy)
    :awesome:
    <3

Mourinho has 45min to save his sorry ass pretty sure he's getting sacked if he loses this :lol:
    • Community Assistant
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by trapking)
    <3

Mourinho has 45min to save his sorry ass pretty sure he's getting sacked if he loses this :lol:
    Would it not be a mistake to sack him?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JTran38)
    I think Milner should be taken off for Benteke. Again that was a great goal by Coutinho.
    Really? I think Milner has been okay but he's been combining well with Clyne down that right side. You compare that with the other side where Moreno is doing okay but not really combining with anyone in particular.

Thought Can and Coutinho (other than the goal) had been more poor. Lallana is never able to finish 90 mins either.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SA-1)

#Campaign
    #AfraidOfGivingDecisions

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Nice to see refs let the play go on though. I'm not complaining

At least in the second half we'll have Benteke.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MrsSheldonCooper)
    Hahahahaha yayyy :') Liverpool or Chelsea?
    Chelsea today!

(Original post by difeo)
    football forum forum
    Fml.

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: October 31, 2015
Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.