Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Which body do you like the most and WHY? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ahmed766)
    A "*******" is a term I certainly wouldn't use to describe myself. But come on man, you got topless pictures of yourself on your profile and you're calling me a *******? :/

Every sport has steroid use in it... That's certainly very likely however I doubt steroids are abused as much as in body building. I think some tournaments even allow you to use steroids? Damaging your DNA is something which has a lot of consequences and doesn't just impact you, it can affect your children as well.

Going to the gym everyday and drinking protein powder doesn't seem very productive to society and there are other things to focus on in your life. Going to the gym shouldn't really count as work unless you're a personal trainer. Body-building these days is pretty dumb and is all about getting the biggest muscles you can get which is pretty bad because balance is important. Bodybuilding is very demanding and as soon as you stop training your muscles shrink and you get weaker, this can have some pretty bad consequences such as leading to depression and other psychological problems.

I wouldn't expect you to describe yourself as a *******....... You're the one looking at them and talking about them

In terms of everything you said it relates just as much to other sports.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by King Mal)
    Do you know what cardio is.

Yes but clearly you don't know much about anything

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NathanDYEL)
    Yes but clearly you don't know much about anything
    Says the dude calling people "phags"

ReputationRep:
    A "*******" is a term I certainly wouldn't use to describe myself. But come on man, you got topless pictures of yourself on your profile and you're calling me a *******? :/

Every sport has steroid use in it... That's certainly very likely however I doubt steroids are abused as much as in body building. I think some tournaments even allow you to use steroids? Damaging your DNA is something which has a lot of consequences and doesn't just impact you, it can affect your children as well.

Going to the gym everyday and drinking protein powder doesn't seem very productive to society and there are other things to focus on in your life. Going to the gym shouldn't really count as work unless you're a personal trainer. Body-building these days is pretty dumb and is all about getting the biggest muscles you can get which is pretty bad because balance is important. Bodybuilding is very demanding and as soon as you stop training your muscles shrink and you get weaker, this can have some pretty bad consequences such as leading to depression and other psychological problems.
    Look at man's photo album though. Then punch yourself several times for even speaking to him.

ReputationRep:
    15% is the best, because it realistic at it looks nice. The top two look disgusting an over the top!
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by WoodyMKC)
    Granted but it's basic thermodynamics - you consume more calories than you burn, you'll gain weight. You don't, then you won't. At your weight, I'd hazard a guess as to say that if you started to consume 4000 calories a day - EVERY day, no excuses - then you'd get fat pretty ****ing fast
    how many burgers is 4000 ? O_O i probably eat around 2000

ReputationRep:
    The one that says 15%.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by King Mal)
    Says the dude calling people "phags"
    Do you even lift ? Clearly not so stop spouting crap you don't know about

ReputationRep:
    I wouldn't expect you to describe yourself as a *******....... You're the one looking at them and talking about them

In terms of everything you said it relates just as much to other sports.
    Come on bro, you're talking about body-building and I guess I wanted to see your results I don't really have a problem with bodybuilding but I don't think modern body building is very representative of what it should be like. I think size should be important but not more important over other factors to the extent that people look like walking balloon bags.. Just my view though

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ihatePE)
    So u weight 45kg? How is that possible whats our height
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by Mentally)
    So u weight 45kg? How is that possible whats our height
    I'm 5''3, yeah im almost anorexic looking i know, my wrists are extremely small. i dont even try to burn off the calories i eat as suggested by my username.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by ihatePE)
    Depends where from and how they're cooked. A Big Mac is about 500 calories, a large Big Mac meal with a milkshake is in excess of 1500. Wouldn't recommend stuffing your face with junk food all day every day for the sake of your health of course, and 4000 calories a day is probably extreme at your weight and you'll almost certainly gain weight eating less than that, but consistency is the trick. It's all trial and error as well; if you're eating 2500 a day every day, and you're not gaining, increase by another 500 a day and see how much you weigh in a week's time. Keep going until the scales start moving, it'll happen soon enough

ReputationRep:
    Come on bro, you're talking about body-building and I guess I wanted to see your results I don't really have a problem with bodybuilding but I don't think modern body building is very representative of what it should be like. I think size should be important but not more important over other factors to the extent that people look like walking balloon bags.. Just my view though
    I agree with you in the respect modern bodybuilder is way off where it should be !! Bring back Frank Zane type physique

ReputationRep:
    Anywhere from 10-15% is perfect.

ReputationRep:
    You seem to give off the impression that your heavily ignorant on this topic. Youre not making sense. Thats the entire point of bodybuilding to build your muscles as big as possible in a way thats aesthetically pleasing/symmetrical even if that does result in looking like a walking balloon. And on your point about steroid its not a maybe, its pretty much 100% certainty that top competing bodybuilders take it along with HGH and other illegal substance.

Imo i prefer strength training programs

ReputationRep:
    I agree with you in the respect modern bodybuilder is way off where it should be !! Bring back Frank Zane type physique
    Sadik Hadzovic, Frank Zane and Lazar Angelov! I think they're amazing!

ReputationRep:
    6-7%. That's what I'm aiming for. I'm around 12% right now,

ReputationRep:
    10-12% is nice . Bottom row is sickening.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mentally)
    You seem to give off the impression that your heavily ignorant on this topic. Youre not making sense. Thats the entire point of bodybuilding to build your muscles as big as possible in a way thats aesthetically pleasing/symmetrical even if that does result in looking like a walking balloon. And on your point about steroid its not a maybe, its pretty much 100% certainty that top competing bodybuilders take it along with HGH and other illegal substance.

Imo i prefer strength training programs
    I'm not going to claim to be very knowledgeable around this topic because I'm not. I was merely stating my opinion however I disagree with what you've said about the point of body-building. Body building is about getting lean with a good size not looking very big with non functional muscle that limits your movement. What a lot of body-builders look like today is certainly not attractive to me but to others it may look great I'm assuming that's why the sport is surviving but that doesn't change the fact that their life style will lead to serious consequences in the future.

ReputationRep:
    Do you even lift ? Clearly not so stop spouting crap you don't know about
    who the **** even repped you.
    I could post a shirtless av like you but eh. Not feeling desperate enough.

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.