Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

would you marry a woman who had slept with 15+ men? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    I want a woman who has slept with exactly 100. I have OCD. Everything has to be in 100's.

(Original post by Straighthate)
    lmfao, horrendous logic, the past is a good indicator of the future, nobody denies this, there are in fact studies that show the more men a woman has slept with, the more unhappy and likely to divorce she is (surprise surprise)
    taking a ride on the **** carousel in your 20's and having sex with as many men as possible and then settling down later because you are a washed up harlot is not an excuse to start on a clean slate and justify your promiscuity as a 'past phase'

Damn. You slaughtered in like 2 sentences.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Straighthate)
    no hymen do diamond crew
    I would marry a man if he had 15+ partners before me. Provided he takes an STI test.
    Read the following interesting articles.

http://www.independent.co.uk/life-st...-10297819.html
    http://www.wsj.com/articles/in-a-new...ith-1430761686
    http://www.nbcnews.com/id/37853719/n.../#.VjErClV97b0

ReputationRep:
    Well, I'd need more information first. I would probably want her tested to make sure she didn't have an STD, although that's a good idea in general these days. It would also depend on whether she was still seeing any of those guys or was likely to get back together with them. The biggest thing I would be paranoid about is one of those 15 guys coming along and getting into a fight with me because I "stole his girl". All it takes is one crazy suitor, and with 15 ex-lovers, the chances are higher.

I mean, I would be uncomfortable if a girl was also sleeping with 15 other guys while we were going out, but not just because she's had 15 sexual partners at some point in the past.

I am vaguely curious as to whether you mean that she slept with 15 men individually, or slept with 15 men all at once during some kind of orgy or something.

But yeah, I would have to get to know the person individually before I could decide whether to marry them or not. I'm not comfortable writing someone off based on only knowing one thing about them.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jeremy1988)
    Well, I'd need more information first.
    What more could you possibly need.

ReputationRep:
    Yes it's irrelevant to me as long as they haven't cheated or got an std. Same for a man who has had 15 plus sexual partners.

ReputationRep:
    I really hope you judgemental people end up marrying someone who lies about how many people they've slept with and when you're like celebrating your 25th wedding anniversary you find out they've banged enough blokes to populate a small country

ReputationRep:
    Oh good lord.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by panophobic)
    In this day and age, very few women or men will be virgins when you marry them.

This is such a typical question.

If instead, we asked, "Would you marry a man who had sex with more than 15 people", the first thought that would pop into my head would be "15? That's pretty low for a guy". It's this underlying gender bias that puts women at disadvantage.

Should I marry a woman who has had sex with more than 15 men?

If my brother, friend or colleague asked me this about his potential wife, I would tell him no.

Why?

Because if you have to ask this question, it shows you are uncomfortable with her sexualitiy, and could ultimatley cause a bad marriage.

But if you're asking me if its okay to marry a woman who has had sex with 15 people, um, then YES, because its her body and you can't control her past. So long as she hasn't slept with any of these people WHILST YOU WERE TOGETHER, what can you say about it really?

If you start questioning your feelings or future with somebody because of their past, where does it stop really?
    Amen to that!!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by infairverona)
    I really hope you judgemental people end up marrying someone who lies about how many people they've slept with and when you're like celebrating your 25th wedding anniversary you find out they've banged enough blokes to populate a small country
    "Did I never tell you about Jerome, DeShawn, Darnell, Tyrone, Trevon..."

:rofl2:

ReputationRep:
    In this day of age there are a lot of ****s and girls who think they are the **** just because they have an attractive body. In a guys eyes those girls are really nothing but **** objects. A decent girl wouldn't sleep with 15 guys for one. Secondly, I blame the parents of the girl because they were clearly not taken care of properly. Thirdly, if Jimmie was present, sharkeisha wouldn't be present.

ReputationRep:
    loled.

ReputationRep:
    The only reason someone should answer no to this question is because it might say something about her ability to maintain relationships
    Sleeping with a lot of people doesn't make a woman (or man) "dirty"

ReputationRep:
    Why so salty? It's just PREFERENCE! As girls like to say.

ReputationRep:
    No, one (ex) partner is one too many when it comes to marriage.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheGuyReturns)
    Why so salty? It's just PREFERENCE! As girls like to say.
    It's a ridiculous 'preference'. And men also like banging on about 'preference' e.g. preference they only like big boobs, or blondes, or girls who aren't fat - even seen men on here saying oh it's just my preference i don't want a size 12 girl. Not that you would even know her exact clothes size when you first met her. If you don't want to go out with someone knowing they slept with a lot of people then don't, but I think it's very superficial and judgemental. Also I would rather go out with someone who has a bit of sexual experience personally

ReputationRep:
    It's a ridiculous 'preference'. And men also like banging on about 'preference' e.g. preference they only like big boobs, or blondes, or girls who aren't fat - even seen men on here saying oh it's just my preference i don't want a size 12 girl. Not that you would even know her exact clothes size when you first met her. If you don't want to go out with someone knowing they slept with a lot of people then don't, but I think it's very superficial and judgemental. Also I would rather go out with someone who has a bit of sexual experience personally
    I'm judgmental for my preferences, but you aren't for shaming me for them, and then stating your preference is the opposite? Great logic.

Gold Jerry, GOLD. :lol:

ReputationRep:
    I'm judgmental for my preferences, but you aren't for shaming me for them, and then stating your preference is the opposite? Great logic.

Gold Jerry, GOLD. :lol:

Me saying I like some sexual experience is not me saying I wouldn't date anyone who was a virgin, because if I liked them I would. That's not the same as saying 'I wouldn't marry someone because she had slept around a bit'. If that's your ~preference~ then don't go out with someone who has slept with people, it doesn't affect me either way.

ReputationRep:
    Me saying I like some sexual experience is not me saying I wouldn't date anyone who was a virgin, because if I liked them I would. That's not the same as saying 'I wouldn't marry someone because she had slept around a bit'. If that's your ~preference~ then don't go out with someone who has slept with people, it doesn't affect me either way.
    The "rather" part was implied in my answer. Obviously if no woman on Earth had slept with less than 15 men, then I would I have to compromise on my preference. But as it stands, there are a sea of women out there who have slept with less than 15 men, so I can go ahead and have a preference without much downside.

I don't see why you've put "~preference~", it's just as valid a preference as anything else. And I shouldn't be shamed for it.

ReputationRep:
    The "rather" part was implied in my answer. Obviously if no woman on Earth had slept with less than 15 men, then I would I have to compromise on my preference. But as it stands, there are a sea of women out there who have slept with less than 15 men, so I can go ahead and have a preference without much downside.

I don't see why you've put "~preference~", it's just as valid a preference as anything else. And I shouldn't be shamed for it.
    I think it's a stupid preference because you might not even know. It's not the same as a physical preference - I don't find skinny men attractive, and skinny men can't hide it from me that they are skinny so it's highly unlikely I would be sexually attracted to them. But you could fairly easily meet and fall in love with a girl and later find out that she had lied and then what? You might in theory have that preference but it's such an easy thing to hide that I don't really see the point judging people by it, but like I said if you want to then go ahead.

ReputationRep:
    As long as she is loyal to one ****, I don't see what's the big deal in this day and age.

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.