Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Sex after marriage?? Struggling with it :/ watch

Announcements

The penetration of a vagina is an integral part of being human and connecting with a fellow human with an orifice. To delay such an inevitable action until the Flying Spaghetti Monster bares witness to your ceremonial snogging and ring insertion is irrational.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JoshDawg)
    Do you really need me to spell out the obvious to you, or are you just trying to be smart.
    You said that sex was "created" for a married couple, what part did I miss?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    To be honest i'm christian myself and i sleep around with any woman i find beautiful. Is it fun? of course it is. But would i do it all over again if i had the choice? nope! Having sex is GREAT but trust me you would get bored after sleeping with beautiful people that you just met in a party or a female friend etc. Once you find someone that you have deep feelings for, someone you find interesting (basically someone you really love), its worth all the wait. I met some girl and i think i'm in love with her. I love talking to her, love beginning around her (everything). The funny thing is that even though i really want to sleep with her, she doesn't ( not yet anyways ). But i'm sure when the time comes whether we are married or not it would be worth it. I don't think the whole sex before marriage thing is a major deal myself but in some ways i could see why its important. It lets you experience sex with someone you think is special. Anyways If i was in your shoes right now i wouldn't loose my virginity to a total stranger or some jerk i just met. Instead i will loose it to someone i really love and adore. But hey i'm not in your shoes, so do what you think is right.
    Thou shalt not humblebrag.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    So I was raised in a christian household, with a very religious mother and a not so religious father. I've not really been much of a religious person myself, up until this summer when I went to a christian camp/festival (Soul survivor, whooooop) when I decided to become more religious. So far, I've encountered two problems:
    a) struggling to believe that God really exists. On some level, I think I know he does but it's hard to achieve that kind of blind faith a lot of Christians have. I'm also fairly dubious about the reliability of the bible, but that's not relevant right now. The main issue is:

b) sex after marriage

I mainly feel that saving myself until marriage means that I'm going to be missing out on a whole host of life experiences (well, sex). It it also limits who I can date. Plus, I don't really understand why it's such a big deal? Why on earth would God care about who I screw? Why do christians blindly accept that as a fact just because it was written in the bible, WHICH WASN'T EVEN WRITTEN BY GOD?
    I don't know, it just frustrates me. I want to have sex before marriage, but I know that if I do I'll feel really guilty about it (as it is, I have to say a prayer of apology every time I masturbate, because apparently that's also a sin).

So yeah, can somebody help me to understand why sex after marriage is such an important thing?
    So your going to wait (who knows how long) for someone to get married to, so you can finally have sex and only have sex with them until one of you dies? sounds like a good life tbh.

When you find this person and have sex for the first time after becoming husband and wife, you might find out she is really boring in the bedroom (or hopefully the opposite). In reality you need to experiment and find out what your into. Sex is an important part of a marriage (as equal to having a best friend).

Do what you want in the end, it's your life.

ReputationRep:
    You a hoe.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: October 29, 2015
Poll
Do you like carrot cake?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.