Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

B875 - Prohibition of Public Intoxication Bill 2015 watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mobbsy91)
    Switzerland is probably gonna be my number 1 choice, mainly because of the skiing!
    Perhaps the only downside is that they're huge ‘nationality-racists’. Immigrants are frown upon more than in Russia so it's a good idea to be at least middle class. Then the downside becomes an upside.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    I think every argument necessary against this has already been presented but suffice to say as the result of this is banning drinking outside of your own home, thus causing the death of the pub trade, there's no chance of anything but a big fat noe from me

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Hell no. Nothing really to add on top of what has already been said.

ReputationRep:
    Ridiculous bill
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    (Original post by Life_peer)
    My backup plan involves New Zealand, Australia, Switzerland, Iceland or Russia in the order of preference. Hong Kong would be alright as well but I'm too lazy to learn Chinese.
    Gwai Los... :rolleyes:
    (Original post by Aph)
    I still think it's a good idea.I think it got 5/7 votes aye.
    I still have fond memories of your first petition calling for the unification of all EU and EEA countries. Pretty sure it's the only time something has had 0 Ayes.
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    (Original post by The Financier)
    Gwai Los... :rolleyes: I still have fond memories of your first petition calling for the unification of all EU and EEA countries. Pretty sure it's the only time something has had 0 Ayes.
    Well bills and amendments are always gonna have at least 1 aye aren't they? So at least I'll go down in MHoC history for submitting the only thing that ever got 0 aye's
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by Life_peer)
    My backup plan involves New Zealand, Australia, Switzerland, Iceland or Russia in the order of preference. Hong Kong would be alright as well but I'm too lazy to learn Chinese.
    (Original post by mobbsy91)
    Switzerland is probably gonna be my number 1 choice, mainly because of the skiing!
    If the USE Happens in claiming asylum

ReputationRep:
    And here we have a lot of anti-immigration politicians admitting that they themselves would try to become immigrants elsewhere, where they may not be welcome, if their own country went down the pan.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by Saoirse:3)
    And here we have a lot of anti-immigration politicians admitting that they themselves would try to become immigrants elsewhere, where they may not be welcome, if their own country went down the pan.
    It's not just politicians, most of the population want the right to live and work anywhere in Europe but don't want Europeans to have the right to live and work in the uk. The double standards are everywhere.
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    (Original post by James Milibanter)
    It's not just politicians, most of the population want the right to live and work anywhere in Europe but don't want Europeans to have the right to live and work in the uk. The double standards are everywhere.
    It's "island nation syndrome", entitlement and patriotism unfortunately.

ReputationRep:
    Is this what you get with a Labour MHoC?
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by jamestg)
    This is the deputy leader of UKIP

Their former leader tried to ban smoking almost completely, including E-cigs.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jamestg)
    It's a bill from a UKIP MP - nothing to do with us and indeed every Labour MP speaking so far has opposed it.

ReputationRep:
    This is the deputy leader of UKIP
    Oh my word

I'll never look at UKIP the same way again...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Saoirse:3)
    It's a bill from a UKIP MP - nothing to do with us and indeed every Labour MP speaking so far has opposed it.
    By golly this is ludicrous

Good thing I don't support UKIP on here or in real life.

ReputationRep:
    Surely just change the penalties for being drunk and disorderly? Unnecessarily complex bill.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by barnetlad)
    Surely just change the penalties for being drunk and disorderly? Unnecessarily complex bill.
    This bill doesn't at all effect those drunk and disorderly, this bill effects anyone that has had a bit to drink. I say "a bit" quite literally as it will effect those who've had as little as 3 pints, which would have virtually no effect on most people and for the light weighted in alcohol consumption would probably only result in a slight stagger if anything at all.

ReputationRep:
    Well sitting in the sun drinking Pina Coladas with gorgeous cuban birds wrapped around my arms seems about as likely as a USE forming in my lifetime so I'm sticking with Cuba.

:')
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by cBay)

:'
    That's legit my strip tease song.

ReputationRep:
    That's legit my strip tease song.
    the whole Guardians of the Galaxy soundtrack is my strip tease song.

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: November 3, 2015
Poll
Do you like carrot cake?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.