Turn on thread page Beta

Edexcel AS Economics B June 2016 watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gorgiabbb)
    my teacher works for edexel swell and she said that they won't know the grade boundrys until they have marked all our papers as they give the top X % an A top Y% a B and so on , so the grade boundaries will be relative to our paper , but surely as we haven't had any past papers to work from they won't be that high
    So basically we have to hope other people did worse than us lol

(Original post by hammy434)
    So basically we have to hope other people did worse than us lol
    basically yep

ReputationRep:
    I found that pretty good until the 20 marker which i found horrific and ran out of time so had to really rush the 12 marker on globalisation

ReputationRep:
    If it helps I didn't even finish my 12 or twenty marker

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by chloewebb72)
    I found that pretty good until the 20 marker which i found horrific and ran out of time so had to really rush the 12 marker on globalisation

I ran out of time for theme 1 and so I did the 20 marker first. Finished it properly haha. I found theme 2 easier when I was afraid I would fail this one xD.

For the india question I talked about how it would be cheaper manufacturing there and some other bs lol

Globalisation I talked about an increase in FDI, unemployment I think and migration (don't know why I did migration).

The Research and dev question I said how process and product innovation can be done. Then I taked about alternatives such as lean production.

The globalisation one for me really sucked with the rest ok. I found the 20 marker ok actually
    I think theme 1 was a better paper even though I didn't finish the last question

ReputationRep:
    Hey guys, Hope the year is coming along well!

On the Edexcel website it says "For Paper 3, there will be a pre-released context document issued on our website
    in November of the previous year. A new context will be given to centres each year and will relate to the examination series for the following summer.". This has got me real confused.. I self study Economics B so am I supposed to request the context with my center? How does this work?

(Original post by swoscross)
    Hey guys, Hope the year is coming along well!

On the Edexcel website it says "For Paper 3, there will be a pre-released context document issued on our website
    in November of the previous year. A new context will be given to centres each year and will relate to the examination series for the following summer.". This has got me real confused.. I self study Economics B so am I supposed to request the context with my center? How does this work?
    I have made a new friend just for the A2 edexcel economics B if you want to join that?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AyshaU)
    I have made a new friend just for the A2 edexcel economics B if you want to join that?
    Hi I was was wondering about that as well, I am a student looking for an A* and realistically feel I need to be looking out for this ASAP.

If you could help, I'd be forever grateful

(Original post by Olmeister)
    Hi I was was wondering about that as well, I am a student looking for an A* and realistically feel I need to be looking out for this ASAP.

If you could help, I'd be forever grateful
    oops reading that back it was meant to say thread not friend

shall I send you the link?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AyshaU)
    oops reading that back it was meant to say thread not friend

shall I send you the link?
    Please do, or quote me in it... Thanks

University open days

• Norwich University of the Arts
    Undergraduate Open Days Undergraduate
    Thu, 1 Jan '70
  • Edge Hill University
    Faculty of Health and Social Care Undergraduate
    Thu, 1 Jan '70
  • Birmingham City University
    General Open Day Undergraduate
    Thu, 1 Jan '70
Poll
Which accompaniment is best?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.