Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by keturah)
    After spinal surgery. I got a trapped nerve and it felt like I was being stabbed with burning hot knives.
    Yeesh, it's a hell of a pain isn't it! I get this in my funny bone ever since me elbow openly fractured. Having surgery for it soon though xx

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by prince_fancybum)
    bit my tongue off when i was about 6ish or breaking shoulder blade or compression fracture in back
    how the hell did you bite your own tongue off dude????

ReputationRep:
    When I fell off a ladder and landed on a nail. Stab.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PusE)
    When I got punched on my face a few days ago by my boyfriend. Did not expect it one bit as he never used to believe in violence, he used to be a pacifist.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Dude :indiff:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PusE)
    When I got punched on my face a few days ago by my boyfriend. Did not expect it one bit as he never used to believe in violence, he used to be a pacifist.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Why are you still with him??

ReputationRep:
    Period pains init.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lord Samosa)
    Dude :indiff:
    Oh hi to you too.

(Original post by MrsSheldonCooper)
    Why are you still with him??
    It's complicated

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I have two:

Post surgery: i had minor surgery and they had to stick a tube down my throat for air and all that, they must have pulled it out quite vigorously because my throat was completely scratched it felt like i was swallowing needles every time i even breathed: this went on for a week. i lived off of pancakes though which was nice.

Food poisoning: the WORST stomach cramps, i didn't even care about the diarrhoea. I literally know what labour feels like now.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PusE)
    It's complicated
    I thought violence against women was an instant relationship ender these days.

He hasn't pulled the old trick of making you think it was your fault, has he?

ReputationRep:
    I went to the doctor because I had really bad acne and he prescribed me Benzyl Peroxide 5% and within two days of using it my skin around my mouth had be burnt to the point where unless I kept a wet pillow case held against it the skin around it felt like the skin was so dry that it was all going to fall of if I moved my face, it wasn't actually painful per say, it's hard to describe, but it was the most uncomfortable feeling imaginable, worse than any pain I've felt.

ReputationRep:
    As for physical pain, two closely related incidents come to mind:

I'd deformed my foot in a way that it was bent at about a right angle outwards from the rest of my leg (At the ankle). The ankle was broken in three places and the surrounding tissue had been torn. When I got to the hospital, they had to realign my foot so it wouldn't start healing in the new bent position. I can't remember them doing so, presumably because of the pain, but according to the person who was with me at the time, I was screaming while it was done.

I can actually remember this one, so it might be more valid for the thread: The night after the surgery to put plates and bolts in the aforementioned ankle, I was feeling the pain of the new adjustments and none of the pain relief helped. After about 40 minutes of screaming like a banshee on her period, a doctor came in and came to the brilliant conclusion of "The problem seems to be pain". On the bright side, I got treated to two bacon baps and a sausage roll after I woke up from the surgery, which sort of balanced things out.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ivy.98)
    Braces put on my teeth, the day after. My teeth were soo sensitive, I didn't eat all day. Plus since they were new to my mouth, it started slightly cutting the inside of my cheeks.
    yeh remember trying to eat like a chip.

wouldnt say mad painful though.

(Original post by TheThiefOfBagdad)
    Getting stabbed was quite unpleasant, I must say.
    such ranges haha I cant imagine.

ReputationRep:
    The extreme pain of seeing the typo in the title of this thread :laugh:

Spoiler:
    Show
    Sorry about people's real injuries

ReputationRep:
    broken bone in my foot, don't underestimate the pain of a broken bone lol

ReputationRep:
    Twisted arm.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ravioliyears)
    No - its usually where you bend your arm, but they put the needle in and apparently couldn't find a vein on both arms and they blamed me for not drinking enough water (wtf I drank two 75cl bottles of water before that :/). As they couldn't find it there, they had to take it from my hand.
    That must have hurt!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Teslamegafan)
    The extreme pain of seeing the typo in the title of this thread :laugh:
    Spoiler:
    Show
    Sorry about people's real injuries
    Sorry I'm a bad speller.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by parrot16)
    That must have hurt!
    It did :/ I had a mock exam the next day as well

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by parrot16)
    Sorry I'm a bad speller.
    It's fine, just joking around

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by toonervoustotalk)
    I was born premature and my back wasnt formed straight. It curved at a 60 degree angle
    They put titanium rods in my back to straighten it and it added an extra inch to my height 😊
    I just cant grow taller in my upper body but my lower body can still grow
    I cant play contact sports incase i end up breaking the spine

Posted from TSR Mobile

So basically you were born a hunchback?

Poll
“Yanny” or “Laurel”
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.