Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

You can GO BACK IN TIME for ONE hour, where do you go? watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by starlight82)
    They would probably suspect you first and hold you in for questioning for the whole hour would you also want to meet JFK and why did you choose this moment in history more than others?
    Well they couldn't hold me in because they will check whether I have weapons with me or not (and there would be none), and also I'd say that I think I saw someone with a gun and tell them where he is by looking at the videos during his assassination (you can see where the bullets came from). I would want to meet him just because I don't mind meeting most famous people as long as they are famous for a legitimate reason. I chose this time in history because he seemed like a pretty good President (or at least better than some of the other recent US Presidents), so America might be better than it is now!
    Sorry about the late reply, I was studying.

That would be fascinating :ahee:
    Wouldn't it just be. It would be interesting to see how life was initially created. Though I would really want it to happen in the last 10 minutes so I can see what was there before that though. I've always wanted to know what the exact reaction was that caused it.:holmes:

ReputationRep:
    I saw you change your answer, both made me laugh :rofl:
    I changed it because I thought it might not be socially acceptable

ReputationRep:
    I would go to my college and find the English teacher, who did not accept me for GCSE, and I would say" Thank you for teaching how to be pessimistic."

ReputationRep:
    meet the prophet (saw)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by a noble chance)
    The speech was given on my birthday
    I see, thanks for explaining. That was would a brilliant bday

(Original post by Kittiara)
    I would go back in time to meet Napoleon, to see what drove him, really.

In high school we had to write an essay about Napoleon, and my history teacher basically thought I was a psycho, because I didn't fully condemn him for his actions after the revolution. I've always thought there was more to him than a megalomaniac, and some books I have read since do seem to show a more contemplative, philosophical side. So, was he a jerk who deserves full condemnation, or wasn't he? Would be interesting to find out, much as could be found out in an hour.
    That's actually really interesting, if I was your teacher I'd have loved how you thought outside the box :lol: we all know facts can get twisted as time goes on, so perhaps he had more to him after all.

(Original post by LillyFaye)
    For sure! I let people influence me and my decisions instead of picking what I enjoyed the most and what would make me happy
    Ahh, if it's too late to change it then I'd advise you to make the best of what you've got. Maybe if you persevere, you will end up enjoying it as it progresses? I hope so anyway, good luck :hugs:

(Original post by samina_ay)
    i'd go back in time to stop my parent's from conceiving me, therefore preventing my existence problem solved.
    Oh no, why would you say that? I'm so sorry you feel this way if you ever want to rant, feel free to pm me x

(Original post by Kadak)
    Posted from TSR Mobile

Yayy,your threads are back!

(Original post by hellodave5)
    Well depends where you're sleeping
    I don't understand

ReputationRep:
    Before my hour starts, I make a list of every f**ked up thing that I have done and then stop myself from doing each one. Butterfly Effect be damned - there are some things that I wish that I never did.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by aamirac)
    Wouldn't it just be. It would be interesting to see how life was initially created. Though I would really want it to happen in the last 10 minutes so I can see what was there before that though. I've always wanted to know what the exact reaction was that caused it.:holmes:
    Two sexually frustrated multiverses got together for a netflix and chill and ended up having too much too drink

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AH127)
    Rather selfishly, I'd most likely use it for either personal betterment or to simply experience something amazing. Deciding which one is something too difficult for me to think about for now, but I'll narrow it down to a few options. Off the top of my head: I could spend an hour with Christopher Hitchens, chatting over a few glasses of scotch; meet Bertrand Russell; watch Queen play at Live Aid 1985; witness Alan Turing's computer being built, and obviously the whole lottery thing, although I see that as a wasted opportunity with such an extraordinary power at my disposal as time travel.

If I were to attempt to make the world a better place, I'd have to first consult a historian. I don't know enough about history myself to know where I could make the most beneficial change in an hour. I'd also be a bit scared of how things would change. The butterfly effect is something that would constantly be on my mind, so making any changes that aren't fairly recent would probably be out of the question. As much as I believe Islam to be akin to a malignant tumor on society which should be cut off, I can't be certain another barbaric war lord wouldn't take Muhammad's place in Islam if I were to stop him from being born, or simply another just as violent religion.

Overall, I'd probably end up overthinking things and use the power to give my younger self advice. Namely to do with the pursuit of knowledge and my interests, as it took me until I was around 16 to discover something that I could be passionate about. I'd also tell my younger self to tell/write letters to anyone I admired, as I regret not doing so while these people were still in my life/alive, as well as all the general advice one would give to their younger self: study harder at school, take advantage of your youth to make as many mistakes and ask as many questions as possible, etc.
    Thanks for your detailed post, enjoyed reading that

(Original post by somemightsay888)
    would go back to see the birth of the first dank meme, such a historic event
    :indiff:
    Spoiler:
    Show
    You must have something else :fuhrer:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bubblewrap167)
    Well they couldn't hold me in because they will check whether I have weapons with me or not (and there would be none), and also I'd say that I think I saw someone with a gun and tell them where he is by looking at the videos during his assassination (you can see where the bullets came from). I would want to meet him just because I don't mind meeting most famous people as long as they are famous for a legitimate reason. I chose this time in history because he seemed like a pretty good President (or at least better than some of the other recent US Presidents), so America might be better than it is now!
    Sorry about the late reply, I was studying.
    Thanks for your interesting response

(Original post by aamirac)
    It's mind-blowing stuff for sure :awesome:

(Original post by ChocolateCosmos)
    I changed it because I thought it might not be socially acceptable
    Haha, I understand

(Original post by fadim)
    I would go to my college and find the English teacher, who did not accept me for GCSE, and I would say" Thank you for teaching how to be pessimistic."
    That doesn't sound like a nice teacher and I'm sorry it's effected you badly enough to view things pessimistically

(Original post by honeylooloo)
    meet the prophet (saw)
    How would you make the most of your one hour with him?

ReputationRep:
    1) A level exams and tell myself the mark scheme.

If not 1) then I'd have to say 2) Go back in time to meet Richard Feynman and sit in one of his lectures. :albertein::timewarp::tee:

ReputationRep:
    :indiff:
    Spoiler:
    Show
    You must have something else :fuhrer:
    You don't seem impressed :rofl:

Spoiler:
    Show
    I would go back to when I was 8, when the biggest thing I had to worry about was how many goals I'd score playing football in the park with my friends, just trivial things. When everything that I know now would be new and amazing; from simple things like reliving the experience of watching a film for the first time to more important, significant things. I miss all that tbh, things just don't seem as fun anymore, there's always something that needs doing, something hanging over you, something that stops you from doing stuff It wasn't like that before, if I wanted to go out and play football or something I could do it knowing there were no repercussions. I just miss being ignorant. I'd use that hour to compare how life is then to how it is now, it would probably be depressing lol.

On a happier note, I would alternatively go back to the 70's, to see how everything was then, those neon building in America and all those films etc, must have been amazing coming out. Also I would go to Greater Manchester and Salford Police station to see DCI Hunt in action, wouldn't you :awesome: ?

Is that detailed enough ?

ReputationRep:
    How would you make the most of your one hour with him? [/QUOTE]

ANYTHING, Just to sit in a room with him and listen to him talk about anything.I would ask him for advice, in how to cope in such a 'modern society' without getting caught up in traps. I would also ask him about Jannah and ask him to describe it to me and ask him about how to keep a steady mindset.
    I could honestly go on forever...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by honeylooloo)
    How would you make the most of your one hour with him?
    ANYTHING, Just to sit in a room with him and listen to him talk about anything.I would ask him for advice, in how to cope in such a 'modern society' without getting caught up in traps. I would also ask him about Jannah and ask him to describe it to me and ask him about how to keep a steady mindset. It would end with me telling him about how much I love him
    I could honestly go on forever...[/QUOTE]

ReputationRep:
    I will go back in time to the year 2012 to stop myself from committing suicide.

It worked!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by somemightsay888)
    You don't seem impressed :rofl:
    Spoiler:
    Show
    I would go back to when I was 8, when the biggest thing I had to worry about was how many goals I'd score playing football in the park with my friends, just trivial things. When everything that I know now would be new and amazing; from simple things like reliving the experience of watching a film for the first time to more important, significant things. I miss all that tbh, things just don't seem as fun anymore, there's always something that needs doing, something hanging over you, something that stops you from doing stuff It wasn't like that before, if I wanted to go out and play football or something I could do it knowing there were no repercussions. I just miss being ignorant. I'd use that hour to compare how life is then to how it is now, it would probably be depressing lol.

On a happier note, I would alternatively go back to the 70's, to see how everything was then, those neon building in America and all those films etc, must have been amazing coming out. Also I would go to Greater Manchester and Salford Police station to see DCI Hunt in action, wouldn't you :awesome: ?

Is that detailed enough ?

Better

I wouldn't go back to compare childhood and adulthood, I'd feel sad after the one hour was over I agree with what you said about all the things about childhood though, those were simpler times :moon: the sad thing is that when we're young we can't wait to grow up not knowing what lies ahead and then time ends up flying by and we miss being young watching Gene Hunt in action would be amazing :ahee:

ReputationRep:
    I would go back to the day i decided to enrol for AS level physics and change it to AS Geography

ReputationRep:
    As title. You can visit a historical event, meet someone from the past or even go back to a place in your own time line. Only catch is that it's for ONE HOUR, so how do make it worth it and what do you do?

You can be as serious, funny or as creative as you like
    i would go back to WW2 and ask Hitler why he was such a control freak and what he had against Jews and why he did not care about the deaths of SO many individuals, and why he made concentration camps, and why he wanted to **** up the whole world...

ReputationRep:
    Would go back to when I was speaking to my cousin and she was talking to me about how she got headaches all the time and the fact that she thought it was dehydration, and I would have told her it wasn't, and it was a brain tumour
    Maybe then they would caught it early enough:/

ReputationRep:
    Better

I wouldn't go back to compare childhood and adulthood, I'd feel sad after the one hour was over I agree with what you said about all the things about childhood though, those were simpler times :moon: the sad thing is that when we're young we can't wait to grow up not knowing what lies ahead and then time ends up flying by and we miss being young watching Gene Hunt in action would be amazing :ahee:
    I would, I'd like to see how blissfully ignorant I was But yes, I'd feel sad after. I know, I remember hating not being able to watch 18, or 15 films or games, or being left out of the loop by people or being dragged to boring events like weddings because I was small and had no choice but they were still important experiences, some of them Smh, you're Indian, Gene would throw you in a shipping container and have you deported ffs :rofl:

He'd have me deported too

Poll
Are you going to a festival?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.