Turn on thread page Beta

I don't understand why people hate Hunters? watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by IIEquinoxII)
    I've heard the term used to describe groups who deliberately hunt down the last in a population of very endangered species, it may be used for other stuff but that's where I got the term from
    It comes from a Christian extremist sect. Extinctionism also known as Annihilationism.

It would be pretty hard to hunt down animals on the brink of extinction. Even the nature documentary cameramen struggle.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DiddyDec)
    It comes from a Christian extremist sect. Extinctionism also known as Annihilationism.

It would be pretty hard to hunt down animals on the brink of extinction. Even the nature documentary cameramen struggle.
    Thats a good point ahaha, and I just googled it, you're right

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RFowler)
    Oh my god. You really think it's that simple.

It is nowhere near as easy or simple as you apparently think it is.
    Spoiler:
    Show
    You need to know what deer are there and the sort of areas they're likely to use. You need to go out really early in the morning to have a decent chance at seeing them. You've got to take the wind direction into account to make sure they don't catch your scent and run away. You've got to be looking around all the time. You've got to be really quiet at all times as you move around, all the time using cover to your advantage. You've got to find a deer, and get into position to shoot it without it seeing you, being startled and running away. It's got to be standing still as well, because you'd be using a rifle for deer.

And you've got to hit it - wrongly estimate the range and you could miss even if it's in your crosshair. It's not like anyone can just pick up a gun and go out on a successful deer stalk. Shooting accurately takes practice.
    Spoiler:
    Show
    With things like rabbits, you need to be aware of things like the ground vibrating as you walk and scaring them off. Again, night (using a lamp) or early morning is often a better time. Usual stuff about keeping concealed applies.

With pigeons, you can set out decoys, set up a hide, and wait. This is done on harvested crop fields before the ploughing is done. Success can vary hugely and you have to keep an eye on pigeon flightlines to have an idea where to go. You can also wait at roost sites in the late evening and shoot them with a shotgun as they fly in.

And with all of them, you need to know what to do with them afterwards as well, if you plan on eating them.
    Fair enough , but my point is hunting has become more mundane in comparison to how it used to be hundreds of years ago. Either way , thanks for the enlightening me on the "complex" process of hunting

Spoiler:
    Show
    Don't take me seriously , im just winding you up

ReputationRep:
    We are all hunters, just very detached due to society.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 41b)
    You should feel less and think more.
    Who are you to tell me what should I do?

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.